Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: July 17, 2004 03:22
Vana looked up as a knock came at the door. Her face lit up as she saw Macie, the only recruit newer than her. Rising, Vana embraced her. "Welcome at last, my friend," she greeted, squeezing her friend's shoulder as she released her. "I am glad you could make it."
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: July 17, 2004 11:23
Kyran looked up at the stranger. Obviously a lot had happened since he was here last.
"greetings"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 02:55
((Sorry about lackl of posts i've been away thanks to my summer job, my normal posting routine won't kick in for another three weeks or so. Sorry for leaving you all in the lurch. :blush: ))

"Its good to see you again Macie I was starting to wonder if you had got lost. We are all here well with the excpetion of one, he isn't a full archer because he has no elven blood but an honoury memember by the name of Wolf. I just hope that nature has managed to deliver my message to him and that he understands the meanings behind the dream messages I sent. We will just have to wait and see." Elruwen smiled

**Celebros started to go a little pale and beads of sweat began to form on his face. He was starting to look a little feverish and as if there was something trying to take over his body.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 07:11
As if on cue, the door opened and a man enters less then gracefuly, obviously weary from traveling. He looked round to all the unfarmilliar faces. "Greatings, I know few of you, but I will take you as friends. I am Wolf, Ranger of the North."

He moved over to Elruwen, to adress her more directly. "I had a dream of late I feel is important, but its meaning escapes me. I saw this place, and a gathering of people. Do you know what this could mean?"

(OOC: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=2087 Charictor pofile)
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 06:00
"It's good to see you Vana!" she said, returning the embrace joyfully. "I'm just relieved that I'm not too late." Looking over, she noticed that one of the unfamilier elves was looking her way, and greeted her. "Suilad! I don't believe we have met before. I'm Macie." she replied, extending her hand.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 08:00
Perathion stood up and accepted Macie's oustretched hand,shaking it firmly."Its a pleasure to meet you.My name is Perathion Carnesir.I come from Harlond in Harlindon.",he said with a friendly voice.Something told him that they would get along well,and he felt that everybody else who didn't know her from before would too.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 11:51
"Its good to see you again Wolf, as for the dreams lets say you can start paying off that debt you owe me for the armour." she smiled, with a wink "Basically there have been some very strange occurences of late something which needs to be investigated but I cannot do it alonr. Its a task for the entire 'war company'. Pull up a chair Wolf and help yourself to the tea and cookies. I think we shall save the social and detting-to-know-you part of this gathering for later and let me explain what has been happening over the past few months or more..." **Elruwen didn't manage to finish her sentance.**

**Then quiet unexpectly Celebros lurched forward in his chair and started babbling something incoherently in a voice that was not his own amongst the babble only two words could be made out. 'help' and 'me'. Celebros remained in the trance and continued babbling what sounded like nonscence.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 08:52
Wolf moved to Celebros, listining intently, trying to make words out of the unnatural babble. "Celebros, Celebros, snap out of it." He shook Celebros a bit, hoping the physical movment would help him get his mind back.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 12:08
When Perathion became aware what was going on,he reached out to Celebros,trying to help.He saw that he was in a deep trance and the words he was saying weren't his.He looked at his mother,knowing she must know something about this and hoping she could help."There is someone inside his mind...talking through him.",he concluded."Elruwen,who is this?It is about time that we hear the rest of the story."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 01:25
**Celebros snapped out of it and shook his head a little**

"What happened Wolf? You look a little stunned" Celebros asked

"Well thats part of the mystery we've been trying to solve. The first instant where Celebros went into a trance like that was only a few days or so ago, we don't deny that there is a possibility that someone is speaking through Celebros trying to ask us for aid, we are just puzzled as to whom it might be. Mind you that is not the only strange occurence..."

**Elruwen continued to recall the string of strange events that had taken place since the company's return from the Grey Havens**

((OOC: please refer to earlier on in thread it takes too long to type everything out again.))
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 01:24
Wolf noded, refering Celebros to Elruwen's explenation of events. "Your speach was not of your voice. A babble in which only could be made about in a language known to us, 'help' and 'me'." Wolf sat down in one of the few remaining chairs. clearly puzzled by such supernatural displays.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 09:20
Vana sat straight up as Celebros began babbling. This was a new experience...but it certainly would explain why Elruwen had sent the general call out! Perathion asked the question that everyone was thinking, and Elruwen explained.

Vana sat back in her chair with a long whistle. "Well, that is certainly odd," she remarked, revealing her talent for understating the obvious. "Elruwen, I am sure I speak for all of us when I say I'd like to do something...but you are the most powerful among us. What can we do that you have not already tried?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 08:11
Elerrina had been silent, after quelling her own emotions at Celebros unusual behavior, but now she spoke up. "Elruwen, I've heard that some people can purposefully go into that... ah, condition... the trance... that Celebros goes into when he's speaking for someone else. Do you think you could put him back into that state to speak more directly with whoever is trying to communicate through him? Perhaps if he was willingly in that trance, he could sort of get out of the way, if you know what I mean."

She had taken Celebros' hand and was holding it reassuringly, though she had not the slightest idea as to how to help him, and she felt frustrated at their own inability to understand who or what was talking to them; they had to do better! But how?

((OOC- Yes!! I am finally moved and should be able to post at a somewhat regular pace now. My cable modem is back online... and any absences now should be short. Thank you all for your patience, too... :love: ))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 06:21
"Ah...I see...so its happned a second time then Wolf." Celebros replied

"I was hoping that your eyes Vana, and those of you who are also new to this series of events might notice something I have over looked." Elruwen replied

**She lifted the Runestone's box onto the table.**

"Yes it is possible..." Elruwen began

"You mean you will put me in a trance and allow someone else to take me over! No way, no way, I don't want someone else's spirit poking around in me!"

"Celebros you misunderstand us...the other spirit will not take you over and poke around it will just speak through, use you as a tool in a way."

"No...I do not like the idea in the slightest."

**He sat there and stubbornly refused to co-operate for the time being. Elruwen started to carfully unpack the stone so the other archers could examine it.**

"Now be very careful...we don't know what unhallowed forces are at work here." Elruwen warned them
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 04:20
The runestone sat before them, and voices quieted as everyone gazed at it. It looked just like an old piece of bone at first, rough and worn. On a closer look though, the runes became clearer... definitely carved, not just the chew marks of a butchering knife or an animal's teeth. To Elerrina, she could feel the malevolence of the stone now, feel the undercurrent of ill will and evil, even though she was trying to block it now. She looked at Elruwen, puzzled by the duality of the situation. The voice speaking through Celebros had been pleading for help; was it (or the person who spoken) perhaps trapped within the runestone somehow? And how could they help it? Who was calling out, and why could it speak through Celebros? Could it be a trap to lure them into trying to help?

Shaking her head and glancing around at the others, her eyes settled on Elruwen. "How can we help, 'Ruwen? What can we do, without unleashing this evil into Middle Earth?" She said aloud.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 03:52
"If Celebros spoke for it twice, then he must have some attunment for it, or would it not try to speak though another aswell."

Wolf looked down at the bone, studying the runes, tring to reach his mind back to writing he had seen among the orc, dwarfs or men of the east, or any other puzzle which might help desifer the meaning of such runes. He was aware he was more clueless then his fellows, knowing no lore of magic, nor runes of power.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 01:49
"Don't puzzle over the Runes wolf they are Arcane Runes you won't understand them. One is the personal sigil rune of a former archer and the other opens and closes portals into extradimensional spaces, those spaces have long gone though with the exception of one which seems to be frozen in time, and thats on the brow of the hill. Naur found it, and the runestone." Elruwen said

"And we think that the person speaking through me could well be the former owner of the runestone." Celebros added

[Edited on 15/8/2004 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 06:53
"Karvanor... " Elerrina mumbled under her breath, then looked at Elruwen. "Was he the only owner of the runestone, 'Ruwen? Could there be someone even earlier who owned it long enough to have left their own energy imprinted in the 'stone? Perhaps it is not the Archer you knew at all?" She was simply tossing out any ideas that occurred to her, not knowing what reaction might be thus spurred in either Celebros' or Elruwen's minds. Something might jog a memory or open a closed door in one of their minds.

She understood Wolf's confusion, for it had been hard for her to get her mind around extra-dimensional space before she'd learned about Elhonna quivers. She had already learned to apply that arcane principle to other things (having made 2 packbags for her packhorse's saddle), but she didn't know how to apply that knowledge to this situation, especially since Karvanor was apparently dead.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 02:58
"Yes, he was, unless you count the Balrog that the bone belonged to before it met its demise at our hands. I never did understand why Karvanor choose it to use as his runestone, most had pebbles and others burnt out Ioun Stones. Maybe the evil radiating from it is whats left of the Balrog's spirit but that I doubt, because if that was the case then why has it remained dormant for soo long. I believe that Karvanor still lives but perhaps in a seriously altered state of exsitance...we only presumed him dead after a fruitless search of the entirety of Middle Earth which spanned several years..." Elruwen replied
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 05:42
"Well, if Karvanor can speak from beyond the grave (so to speak), then his spirit is indeed restless. I would think that his spirit would seek the Halls of Mandos... rather than this world which seems to be plagued by Melkor's malice." She looked up, only half kidding in her tone of voice and intent. Then she sighed, "Unless, of course, he is trapped here somehow and cannot leave!"

Looking to Celebros again, she asked once more. "Celebros, won't you at least try to allow him to speak through you just once?" It wasn't that she didn't understand his reluctance, but they were becoming desperate to try to help either him or Karvanor... somehow!
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2004 08:18
"I don't know...I don't like the idea but so far it seems like all we have. Do you promise to bring me back round if something goes wrong...I'm not comfortable with this but I want to know that you will not let anything bad happen...when he speaks through me I can't control myself at all, its frightening." He replied sounding somewhat on edge
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 06:02
Elerrina looked first to Elruwen for reassurance and agreement, but answered Celebros, "We will bring you back out of the trance at the first sign of trouble, Celebros... I don't have much experience in such things, but your Mother does. And I'm hoping that 'allowing' Karvanor (or whoever it is) to speak won't shut you completely off from what's happening... if you can sort of stay in the background, perhaps." She turned back to Elruwen, "What do you think, 'Ruwen? Do we have an herb or an Ioun stone that will bring him back into dominance?"

She was worried about Celebros, very worried... but she knew they needed a break to resolve the situation. Things could not go on as they were going...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 10:12
"Not a stone or herb but certainly a spell." she replied
"Celebros I promise, I will not let anything bad happen to you."

**Celebros took hold of Elerrina's hand with a firm grip**

"Induce the trance mother, I want this over and done with as soon as possible." he said

**Elruwen cast a few spells to induce a trance in Celebros and to call forth the spirit to speak with them, assuming that it was a spirit. Celebros closed his eyes and opened them a few minuets later...but they were not his eyes that looked out, the colour had changed quite drastically they had changed to a deep violet with one possesing a small patch of green where the other was purple. His mouth moved forming soundless words to begin with, to those present the words being shaped could not be dechipered as yet.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 27, 2004 06:21
Elerrina held onto his hand tightly; she wanted it over with, too. As Celebros went into the trance state and the transition to the other personality commenced, she prayed briefly to Eru to protect him from any Evil.

She looked in surprise as Celebros' face took on different lines and creases, though it still looked like his face... but those eyes! Those were not Celebros' eyes... and the sounds he made were not in his own voice, but a rough and garbled speech she couldn't make any sense of. Hopefully, Elruwen could pick out the words and their meaning.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2004 11:35
**The nonscencical garble soon turned into words of the Noldorin tongue which Elruwen translated for the others phrase by phrase.**

" My brothers, my sisters in the arcane waysI seek your aid.
I know not if I am alive, dead, halfway between or worse still.
I besech that you end my suffering an speed on my overdue journey to the Halls.
Fell creatures surround me, of which I have not seen the likes of before or can put a name to.
They are vile beyond belief something that I thought existed in the darkest corners of nightmares.
What they are doing to my I barely know.
I feel metal graphed to my skin and a hide with thick corse fur.
You must release me from this torment before they release my mutilated form, by which time I will no longer be the elf I was but a fell beast of darkness that brings only death, pestilence and suffering.
Seek me beyond the Forodwait, beyond the Blue Mountains, beyond the Mountains of Terror, beyond the Iron Mountains.
Delve deep into what we believe destroyed...evil thrived there and still does while a blind eye is turned....
Return to Angband and free me from this torment.....free me before it is too late..."

**And with that the spirit seeming severely weakened left Celebros' body and returned to its own. Allowing Celebros to regain control of his body in his own time.**

[Edited on 30/8/2004 by Elruwen]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 05:30
"We go north then, and underground, though it sounds you have been there before. Do you know the way he speaks of Elruwen?"
Wolf looked down to his cloak, he was going to need somthing heavyer if they were headed byond the mountains.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:12
"He speaks not of a path to take Wolf, my friend but of a place we thought destroyed, well it is in ruins but we also thought the inhabitants long dead and gone. Ever heard of Angband my friend and the great seige that took place there many ages ago?" Elruwen replied

**Celebros eventually came round to consciouness looking very tired and subdued.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:14
Perathion was shaken at what he just heard."How could this be?",he asked himself."It all sounds like a dream,a very bad one."

Thinking aloud,he said "Blue Mountains?!What can possibly lie there??That area is peaceful,I know it well!Forodwaith and Iron Mountains maybe...and where are the Mountains of Terror??"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:35
"If you listened carefully Perathion he said to walk on further north, beyond those regions to the long forgotten region of Angband to the extreme north in the frozen lands." Elruwen replied "As for how could this all happen I haven't an answer I wish I did and I do wish it was all a dream It clearly isn't though is it."

**Celebros put his arms around Elerrina and lent against her**

[Edited on 30/8/2004 by Elruwen]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:56
"Angband??!",Perathion replied startled."But...that really doesn't make sense!This is a riddle that none of us can understand...or what,Elruwen?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 09:25
"I know it doesn't we all know that those lands long dissapeared into the sea, and yet how can people still dwell in them. Karvanor was one for telling riddles...and I am assuming it is him that spoke....but this one not even I can fathom. The only reason I can see for this is that if time was reversed and stood still leaving Angband above the waves. Does anyone else have any ideas they would like to suggest?" Elruwen asked

"Mother, perhaps there is something like our portals involved its just an idea or perhaps even a time sink like the ones which are written down in your tomes where a person can travel from present to past and in some cases the future." Celebros piped up

[Edited on 1/9/2004 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 06:09
Elerrina had been smoothing the tired and stressful lines from Celebros' forehead and had brought him some calming tea, (chamoille and mint with rose petals) and the expression of distress was slowly leaving his face. She returned his hug as he embraced her... he would be all right again.

"We can't just leave him, er... Karvanor... at their mercy!" She said. "He could unwittingly cause much destruction to Middle Earth, which is apparently what Morgoth's forces do best. So you think some of his forces remained in Angband after all else died or fled?" She had only heard the horror stories about Angband; the thought of so much destruction as to sink the land into the ocean made her shudder.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 01:48
Vana listened to all said silently. She was known for keeping quiet until she had gathered all the facts avaliable. In this case, though, she knew Celebros, Elerrina and Elruwen would be the ones with the greater experience and possibly suggest the right ideas.

The mention of Angband sent cold shivers down her spine. She was a historian by hobby, and everything she had ever read about Angband was evil. Even then, she didn't speak up.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 09:34
"Could such a mighty Range of Mountains still have peaks above the waves? Or perhaps fell powers could raise again what was sunk. That far north, one could dwell on ice, with no earth beneath you feet. But to be at the Angband of legend would requre him to be back in the first age, would it not?"

Wolf bowed his head to his hand, trying to searth long unused memories from the down time he spent reading. Memories came, but not the ones he needed, if they even existed.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 11:49
"Indeed so, and it is a place and time I would rather forget about as for still having mountain peaks just above the waves...or ice sheets in this case it is quite possible but I would not know, I have not set foot there since the seige ended." Elruwen replied
"So apart from sifting through my books to find information first does anyone have any ideas as to what we do and how we should go about freeing Karvanor, once again assuming that it is indeed him?"

"I say pack for a long journey and go north, taking the runestone with us, perhaps it might aid us in finding the place." Celebros replied
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email