Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: January 04, 2006 11:36
((OOC: If you'd like to join this just go ahead and feel free to post The basic idea of this is Kindan is a half-Haradrim Gondorian and he's trying to decide exactly who and what he is-noble or ranger, Haradrim or Gondorian, etc, etc. He's basically just wandering around meeting people while trying to decide his life problems. Any plot ideas are welcome, I kind of just wanted to give everybody some room to get their creative juices flowing. If you have any ideas PM me with them))

BIC:

Losto si, losto, mir-ithil eria
Losto si, losto, thilia-el síla
Losto si, losto, duath i talt
Losto si, losto, sollen lin hin a elei

Sleep now, sleep, jewel-moon rises
Sleep now, sleep, glitter-stars shine
Sleep now, sleep, darkness is falling
Sleep now, sleep, close your eyes and dream.

The voice was indescribable as it floated on the night air. It positively shimmered, soaring with a glow of sound-a warm husky baritone-that rarely even seasoned bards could obtain. The gift was obviously natural, and held the peutential for more beauty-although it was stunning even in the rough. It was dark and warm, like spices borne over ancient deeps and far horizons in a old wooden ship borne on a new spring wind-and the strength of an eagle lurked in some undefinable place upon it. First sung in perfectly-accented Elvish, then in Westron, the ancient lullaby, set to tune older than song, was all that remained of a mystery as familiar to the half-Harad Dol Amrothian boy as his own name:
Kindan.

He'd never quite fit in, since he could remeber. He knew he was different-although his father was a noble, he'd never truly been accepted. His skin was always a bit too tan; his hair, dark as a eagle crossing the moon at midnight, always a bit too black. His eyes were unarguably Dol Amrothian, a blue like the bay on which the jewel of a city was placed,a blue like the smoky deep darkness of a sapphire, but the rest of him bore stark herald to his mother's blood. For his noble sea-captain of a father had married a Haradrim woman. Sometimes he hated him for it, and other times he loved him, but he supposed it didn't matter since both his father and his mother were dead.
He had left Dol Amroth because he needed to do some thinking-and see if the sea-longing in his heart would ever subside. At nearly twenty, Kindan knew it was time to decide what to do with his life. This seemed as good a place as any to contemplate, at least for tonight-a small clearing near a fair-sized lake. He threw his pack on the ground and began to make camp with nervous energy, stretching stiff muscles weary from a long day's trek. He almost hoped for some company; at the same time, he wondered if it might be better if he were alone. Ah well. He would let fickle Chance play her games, and perhaps she would bring him a companion sometime on this lonely road. Possibly even soon.

[Edited on 5/1/2006 by Sillmarwen]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: January 07, 2006 09:49
((OOC: Yeah, that's fine hon. Welcome!!)

BIC:

A slightly rakish smile that made Kindan's highboned, angular features positively boyish highlighted his swarthy face. He had stopped his song, then, his expression neutral, began to speak, his face still towards the fire he was building.
"You're welcome to come into the open, stranger. I am not one of the Foul Folk. What do they call you?"
He wasn't sure he'd heard a person-but the small noises he'd heard-especially what he thought might be the soft slither of steel against sheath-made him wary enough to call out, though it might be but an animal. When he heard no reply after a few moments, he rose and turned in the direction he'd heard the noise come from.
"Show yourself." his hand went to the plain hilt of his blade, Ruinagarcell(*t). "Now."

(Ruinagarcell(S.)=red blood flowing)
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 10:24
((OOC: Do you mind if I join? Zephyr's in the DB. He's also an elf but he's only about )

Zephyr stumbled slowly across the endless land. He was wounded, tired, hungry, and cold. But anywhere was better than with his father he thought. Even though he did regret leaving so close to nightfall. After a while he gave up walking and fell to the ground. Clutching his heavily cut arm he bent over and winced, tears began trickling out of his misty green eyes.

Zephyr's elven ears caught the sound of two people talking not too far ahead. Zephyr weighed the facts in his head. It was more likely the two were bandits than someone who would help him. But something told him they were friendly. Zephyr picked himself up off the ground and walked towards the sound.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2006 11:33
((OOC: No, TQ, that's fine! Go right ahead. This sounds interesting so far. Like I said before, PM me with any ideas/etc, and any new members are welcome!))

Kindan grinned and strode over to help the elven maid up. Sticking out his hand,he pulled her to her feet.
"Kindan," he told her. "Pleased to meet you, Laerwen. Where do you hail from?" he noticed the horse behind her, grabbed the reins, and handed them to her. "And I would assume that this handsome rascal is responsible for your rather...unexpected entrance? Elves don't normally fall out of cover into clearings, do they, my dear?" his eyes sparkled with supressed, good-natured laughter-although his face was straight, he was struggling to keep the laughter in his eyes from spilling down to a mouth made to smile.

((OOC: TQ, if you please, bring Zephyr to the campsite and we'll start to interact with him, alright?))

[Edited on 8/1/2006 by Sillmarwen]
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 03:58
(Hey there I hope you won't mind, because I didn't PM, so I'll stay "uncercover" for tonight... I'm gonna use my dearest rp-char:Tinquendi, half-elf,2

As she stopped her night-black horse, Tinquendi regretted that she ever heard of Imladris once more. Of course, Elrond always welcomed her with open arms, and she had learned so much in this peaceful place since she left her home in Lothlorien, but now there was only one thought in her head: "Why did I ever agree on folowing this girl? Why didn't I say no? If she does not learn to be careful, she will die soon in the wild...and now she is talking to this stranger!"
But despite her anger she knew why she burdened herself with this task, but after years of wandering she had to get used to the fact that she was responsible for this young elf, even though she could hardly remember her name.
Of course no one heard or saw her as she built her camp near the others, and of course she would be the only one standing guard all night...

[Edited on 9/1/2006 by tinquendi]

[Edited on 10/1/2006 by tinquendi]
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 08:34
((Sure thing Sillmarwen))

Zephyr came into a clearing and saw two people and a horse. He'd lost so much blood by now he'd could barely keep himself concious. Struggling to walk had weakened him too much, Zephyr collapsed onto the ground and lost conciousness.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2006 02:35
But what was that? "What is a boy doing here?" Tinquendi asked herself, struggling with the desire to help him and find out everything about the strangers, and the odds that led them all to this place in one night.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 01:32
((OOC:I'm sorry kiddos but I'm banned from the comp four 4 more days. Please be patient.))
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2006 04:54
((OoC: Thanks guys. By the way, you can all call me Sil for short, Silmarwen's kind of a mouthful And it's perfectly fine Tinquendi, your post was great hon. Welcome! ))

Kindan laughed. Gods, but the girl was curious! "I'm from Dol Amroth. Sort of." he shrugged. The shuffling step of a limping person, then the thud of someone falling, caught both their attention. At the edge of the clearing, he could see a small huddled shape. A child. He sprang up an hurried over to the young elven(?) boy. He couldn't see what was wrong until he turned him over-a rapidly spreading area of his tunic was bloodsoaked. The child couldn't be more than ten. His arm was bent at an odd angle. Even an all-but-untrained healer such as Kindan could see that he was dying, and quickly.
"Oh Gods," he muttered softly, brushing a strand of bloodmatted hair off the boy's filthy face. "We need a healer. Now."
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 03:58
[i]
"Oh Gods," he muttered softly, brushing a strand of bloodmatted hair off the boy's filthy face. "We need a healer. Now."

Great! Was that girl a healer? Tinquendi couldn't remember. Well, she wasn't exactla what ou would call a healer, but she had some herbs and talent in treating injuries. Thinking shortly about the two possibilities, she made a decicion and stepped out of the shadow. Walking up to the little group, noone seemed to notice her til she came to a halt right behind Kindan.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2006 06:45
Zephyr managed to open his eyes a little, but imediately regretted it. Even the faint light from the moon made his head hurt. His hands felt sticky from blood, but he could feel someone holding him. He opened his eyes again to see this person's face. Assuring himself that he didn't know this man, he closed his eyes again.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 02:25
Oh, good! So Laerwen is a healer! Good thing...and very impressive..."she didn`t even take notice of me!" Tinquendi thought, as Laerwen walked right past her twice, concentrating on her task so hard, that she did not notice her.
Uncertain of hat to do next and slightly regretting to have come out of her hiding-place at all, she decided to stay where she was, since there was no chance of slipping back into the dark unnoticed, not moving a bit. Only a slight smirk appeared in her deep eyes, quickly spread through her whole body and almost curled her lips as she was standing there, waiting to be discovered...

[Edited on 17/1/2006 by tinquendi]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 11:05
Kindan passed a hand across the boy's eyes as they fluttered open, murmuring something softly to the effect of soothing him. Barely glancing over his shoulder, he rummaged in his pouch. "Laerwen, I need powdered kelp if you have it. Poppy, too. I don't have much of anything. And you behind me-" he gave the elven woman a quizzical look "if you are a healer, we would need your assistance. I don't think I can heal him fully myself. Either way I would greatly appreciate it if you would get the flask over by the fire please." He pulled out a few dried leaves, shook his head, and selected some others. Muttering to himself, he took out his dagger to cut away the boy's tunic, so he could see exactly what type of wound they were dealing with. Hopefully, now, if ever, he'd be able to use his 'healing' abilities. He wasn't sure what it was and he wasn't barely trained, but he could use them at a pinch. Most of the time.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 02:37
Tinquendi went over to the fire and got the flask Kindan had asked for. After she handed it to him, she took some leaves out of her pocked, handed them to Laerwen, saying "Put those in his mouth, or if possible make him swallow. It will stop the pain. He´ll probably fall asleep, but he needs rest. -I´ll go get some Kelp for you." she said to Kindan and imitaded the sound of an owl. Immediately her horse came out of the night and stopped in front of her, and after rounding the great animal to take the Kelp out of her saddle bag she reappeared with a small pouch full of powdered Kelp.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 07:27
Kindan nodded gratefully to Tinquendi. "You from near the sea?" he asked as he grimaced at the jagged laceration crossing the young boy's torso and began to wash it. "Very few healers-even those who grew up by the sea-know of its uses. And almost none who didn't live near it." His hands were calmly sure as he put the powdered kelp liberally on the wound, rocking back on his heels as he watched the hemostatic plant do its work, then bandaged it.
"Do you think his arm is broken?" Kindan asked, scrutinizing it as it lay twisted at an odd angle. He probed at it gingerly, and nodded, muttering to himself.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 07:02
Zephyr felt someone touch his arm, it made a sharp pain run up his arm to his neck. His eyes shot open and he couldn't help but scream.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 09:32
Kindan winced visibly as the boy screamed, pressing his lips together.
"Let me," he said a bit more gruffly than he intended to Laerwen as he produced spicy-smelling dull green leaves from his pouch and damped them in the water, ever so cautiously turning the child's head to face him. "I have to set your arm," he told him, "and it will hurt. I'll give you comething to make it hurt less, but it will still hurt." he used the cap of his flask as a cup, pouring a pinkish powder and some water into it, then swirling it together. "Drink it," he told the boy firmly, holding the makeshift cup to the boy's lips. "All of it." he nodded with satisfaction as the child drained the cup, then waited a few moments. "Watch him. Don't touch him, just watch him." he said to Laerwen and Tinquendi, rising and moving silently off into the woods. It only took a few moments to find the first stick-but the second was gigivn him considerably more trouble. He couldn't find one that was straight enough or long enough. He found long crooked ones aplenty, and the same with short straigh, but none of the type he needed. He had to hurry or the painkiller would wear off.
About ten minutes and a few dozen sticks later, Kindan found a stick. He nearly ran back to the clearing and knelt beside the boy.
"Are you ready?"
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 11:09
:blush: (Me join?)

Lothwing hummed a little tune to herself as she stepped along lightly. She had just set out from Rivendell and was planning on wandering for a while before going to Mirkwood to meet her sister.
"I wish I was as good a singer as Lindënel," she said to herself. She was leaning down to brush off her boots when she heard a child scream. She straightened quickly and dashed in the direction that it had come from.
She glimpsed firelight through the trees, and heard a soft murmer of voices. Two elves and a man. It was safe, so she stepped into the clearing. The scream that she had heard must've come from the elven child lying on the ground.
"Laerwen!" she gasped, recognizing her friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you are new here, I'll be gentle...but my suggestion is you read this and 'dump the kitty' from future posts and edit it from this one.

Thank you,
BerethEdhellen

[Edited on 21/1/2006 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 21/1/2006 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 22/1/2006 by BunnyBliz]
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 12:34
Zephyr nodded and tried his best to swallow whatever it was. The man was right, it did help a little. But his arm still felt like it was burning. Zephyr tried to lie back and take his mind off the pain, but it didn't work.

A while later, the man returned with two sticks in his hands.

"Are you ready?"

Zephyr couldn't bring himself to nod. But he managed to whisper "Yes."
Atuiañala
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 04:55
[OOC: Might I join? I love RP'ing, and this is my first post here.]

Enter Lomewen, an elf maiden as quiet as the trees themself. Her dark hair hidden by the hood of her cloak, no one can see her eyes under the dark hood.

Swiftly and silently she speeds through the forest. She knows someone is hurting and in need of healing. Her feet make almost no sound, as the sound of grass being rustled softly by an unknown breeze.

Lomewen's sharp eyes pierced the shadowy darkness, and her cloak blended in. Hearing a cry of pain, she headed towards it and hoped that grace of the Eldar would be with whoever was crying out.

She carried her sword now, for not all creatures that roamed in this forest were safe. But now it didn't matter.

A fire flickered from beyond many trees ahead, and she grimly set forward.

"Is someone hurt?" She asked quietly as she stepped into the fire-lit clearing. "I may be of help."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 03:12
(OoC:Yes, you're all welcome! Don't mind 'Dan, he gets a bit prickly sometimes, but I'm delighted to have you!)

Kindan knew he was being rather rude and unreasonable but at the moment he ignored it. He would make amends later. Right now his entire attention was focused on the child. The Gods curse his 'gift'! If only it worked dependably! Knowing he might be able to do something was all the more maddening since he couldn't, but he still was aware of the boy's pain. The herb healing he was able to do now was not what the child truly needed. He needed healing in the literal sense of the word, healing Kindan currently couldn’t give him. What was it that made him unable to use it at will? Why did he hate to do it before others? Perhaps it was his mother, Kindan mused. She had been called witch for her gift that he inherited. He was afraid of the same. Grunting as he shoved the thoughts away, Kindan concentrated on the task at hand; perhaps later when things were quiet. Perhaps later...carefully, for he could feel the child’s pain although not in a physical sense, he straightened the arm, flinching once again as the child cried out. His hands were gentle but sure as he bandaged the arm, then used strips of cloth to tie the sticks to the side of his arm. Kindan crouched beside the boy and peered into his thin face. “What is your name?” he queried. “I am Kindan.”
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 08:43
"Why is it, that I come to Rivendell, hoping to find some peace and rest, and all of a sudden I end up here, where I did not intend to go at all, meeting half a dozen strangers and an injured child in the middle of the night in the wild?!?" Tinquendi muttered sternly as another person stepped out of the trees, but it seemed that Laerwen had heard her, and so she added quietly "I don´t mean to blame it on you, don´t worry. I´m just not used to be around so many people. Besides, the only one I know is you. I don´t intend to be rude, but were you planning on meeting them here?" Tinquendi finished and looked at Laerwen. She was the only one who heard Tinquendi speak, but it was clear that the half elf was more likely asking out of pure interest instead of being angry at Laerwen.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 09:48
Zephyr flinched as the man pushed his arm straight and bandaged it up. Even thought it hurt, he knew it would be better than letting it stay the way it had been before.

Kindan crouched beside the boy and peered into his thin face. “What is your name?” he queried. “I am Kindan.”

"Zephyr..." He said with a hoarse voice. Even his throat was stinging.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2006 08:21
Kindan nodded slightly. Zephyr. A strange name. He shrugged inwardly. "How did you get hurt?" he asked, wondering how such a young child managed to come by such bad injuries, then as an afterthought, when he heard the child's rasping voice, asked, "Would you like a drink of water?"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2006 10:34
"How did you get hurt?"

Zephyr tried to reply but his voice turned into a hoarse whisper. Kindan seemed to noticed this and asked "Would you like a drink of water?"

He forced himself to nod in reply.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 02:19
"Yes, your mother is a little overprotective." Tinquendi agreed, smiling, and then added "Actually, I don´t mind it too muich. That I am here, I mean. I was just a little...suprised. It lookes like the boy will be alright, so I might just as well go back and stand guard. We are a little, well, how shall I put this, easyly noticable." With that she smiled and went back into the shadows, after she said goodnight to the others. "Perhaps tomorrow will be a good day to find out how everyone got here?" Tinquendi thought, shaking her head over this weird situation.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 11:05
Kindan held up Zephyr's head with gentle, confident hands as he helped the child drink, nodding his thanks to Laerwen.
He shrugged in answer to her question. "I hope so. I think he will be-he probably will be. But no one can say for certain. Zephyr...the blade wasn't poisoned, right? Did it look funny, was it black around the edges or anything?"
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2006 12:39
Lothwing silently crouched beside Laerwen, listening to the conversation and not saying anything. Kindan obviously had more experience in situations like this then she, so she decided not to interfere.

As she was watching, yet another figure came out of the trees.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2006 12:01
Zephyr felt his throat clear as the water trickled down it.

"Zephyr...the blade wasn't poisoned, right? Did it look funny, was it black around the edges or anything?"

"No... my father did this..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 03:45
Kindan nodded, his face impassive.
"It hurts when that happens,” he said softly, emotionlessly, his eyes distant. “It hurts physically, and it hurts here.” he brushed a hand over his heart, his eyes zeroing in on the child, holding his gaze.. “I understand, Zephyr. I left...” he paused, then chose the more neutral, “I left my home because of something of the same nature." Briskly passing over that unpleasant fact, he continued, "Did he..hurt you..anywhere else?”
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 06:44
Zephyr looked up at Kindan. He completely understood him.

“I understand, Zephyr. I left...” he paused, then chose the more neutral, “I left my home because of something of the same nature." Briskly passing over that unpleasant fact, he continued, "Did he..hurt you..anywhere else?”

Zephyr reached up to his head. "I think... my head... I can feel it bleeding. But it might have been when I fell down..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 09:00
Kindan nodded. Oh, gods, what wouldn't he give to have his 'gift' at his call whenever he needed it. Cursed thing!
He hesitated, then touched Zephyr's head gingerly, careful not to hurt him. "Bleeding...inside?" he asked, as he examined all he could see of the boy's head.
Oh, please tell me it's on the outside and I just can't see it... he thought anxiously, then looked around at the myriad of people.
"May I request that you leave me alone so I can try and help Zephyr?" he asked softly, firmly. Barely a request and more of a command. He might be able to heal Zephyr if they would withdraw to the other side of the fairly large clearing. Maybe. He hoped.
Arm, stomach gash, head...he thought wearily. He had to do it, even if he was less than fond of what would happen after. He had to do it, and he would. He would force the healing to obey, this one time, as he knew he could. Well, he thought ironically, at least if anything happens there's a few other healers. I'll live. Not that this 'healing' would kill me...but still. What a horrible expression, 'I'll live'. 'It will have no lasting effects' is more appropriate. It shouldn't-not from what I can recall. Except that I may lose some more remebering.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 09:12
"I think outside. Can you bleed on the inside?" Zephyr wondered why Kindan was asking the others to go. He felt Kindan's hand brush over where it hurt on his head and winced a bit. "There." He said.

Zephyr thought for a minute. "Kindan... am I gonna die?"

((Zephyr's only like 7 or 8 so he wouldn't know you could bleed on the inside right? ¬.¬))

[Edited on 25/1/2006 by ToasterQueen]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 04:31
"I think outside. Can you bleed on the inside?" Zephyr wondered why Kindan was asking the others to go. He felt Kindan's hand brush over where it hurt on his head and winced a bit. "There." He said.

He nodded slightly, relieved, as Zephyr said that he thought it was on the outside. Usually even a three or four year old could tell him if a wound was inside or outside, and most of the time they were right. So that was one thing he didn't have to worry about as much.
"Die?" Kindan blinked for a moment, wondering how to answer this. "Die?" he shook his head slighly, snapping back to himself, his voice holding far more confidence than he truly felt. "No. You won't die." At least, not if I can help it. If I can Heal you. If they will leave for a few moments.
He glanced around irately at the rest, his gaze an iron reinforcement of his request that they all leave.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 09:08
Kindan returned her smile absently, his mind roiling. What had he done the few times before which allowed him to Heal? He couldn't remeber. Detachedly he knew he was being quite rude and short to these people who only wanted to help; he would have to set it right later.
Deep in thought, studying Zephyr, he jumped slightly at Laerwen's words. A second smile, this time tired and almost sad, crossed his nearly-boyish face. "Thanks, Laerwen. I..." I hope I can. I hope he will. "Thanks."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email