Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: March 23, 2006 01:13
((Guys?....
Guys?!!...*pokes manically*))
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2006 02:34
((Yeah.. I'm here! ))

"Mealtha? I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." he started and reached her shoulder. Quickly Méaltha turned and took his hand from her shoulder. She placed his finger on his own lips and looked him in his eyes. "Shh, Kindan. Don't be sorry" she said softly. She began to smile, slowly. "Yes, I felt it too." she said. Méaltha stepped away from him and began to walk again, leaving a confused Kindan a few steps behind her.

((I wrote this post when I was listening 'Hero', from Enrique Iglesias... *sigh* :love)
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2006 03:58
"Well, that was about the only thing I noticed," Lothwing said dryly. "Otherwise my mind was just shooting mechanically."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 01:06
Callion grinned. "Lohasan only notices what they look like..."
Lohasan made a face at him. "He can find them later, if they escape, point to them in a milling crowd, and we'll find whatever the orc happened to snag from him on its body. Of course, they generally don't escape."

For once in his life, the garrulous Kindan had absoloutely nothing to say.
He just stared after her for a moment, then grinned.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 05:56
When Méaltha heard Kindan grin, she smiled in herself. But they kept on walking.
There, they saw the river. Méaltha wasn't sure any more where she exactly had laid Gray. But when she called him, she heard him replying with a forlorn howl. That howl seemed to cut Méaltha in her soul, for she could only hear the pain in it.
Immediately she ran over him, but what she saw there, shocked her even more. The wounds in his shoulder were all swollen and pus came out of it. His paws were also deeply wounded, and even one of them was broken.
Tears appeared in her eyes. Méaltha glanced over at Kindan, desperately. “Oh Kindan, what do we do? What do we do?” she asked him. Then, she jumped in the hole and hugged Gray. She kissed him, whispering; “Here I am, Gray. It’s going to be all right. We will take care of you”. But in her heart she knew it was maybe too late.

[Edited on 26/3/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 04:44
((I know I said I wasn't gonna post yet, but the words kinda just flowed out...))

Kindan followed Méaltha, musing. Gray’s howl startled him out of his reverie, and he saw Méaltha wince. She broke into a run, and he kept pace. When he saw the wolf, he stuck his tongue in his cheek, clenching his jaw slightly. His shoulder was swollen abnormally, and his paws were positively torn to shreds. One of them hung limp and totally useless. Méaltha’s eyes glistened as she looked at him.
“Oh, Kindan, what do we do? What do we do?” she asked, clambering into the hole and gathering the noble animal into her arms like a small child. She pressed her lips to the wolf’s thick fur, whispering something to him; but by her troubled face he could tell she thought her wolf was lost.
He crouched outside the tree trunk, reaching cautiously towards the wolf’s head, his voice soothing as he murmured the wolf’s name. The animal watched his hand suspiciously, its eyes glittering bright and wary.
“I think he’ll be all right, tithenain. He’s pretty alert for being in this condition.” He kept his voice low. “Do you think he’ll let me pick him up to take him back to the others so I can see what we can do for him? Or at least, could you convince him to let me?”
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2006 01:59
((It was a beautiful post, Sill ))

"You think you can save him?" Her head was bowed into her hands as her words came muffled and thick with tears.
"I'd never felt so close to an animal before." She whispered. "In the long hours of traveling, he was like a shield for me. A true friend." she spoke in herself. Then she drew breath raggedly, tying to pull herself together.

Slowly Méaltha rose, putting her hand on Kindan's shoulder. "I will let Gray allow you to carry him." She said. "But, please, be careful. His paws.." she started. But Gray had already laid his head on Kindan's hand, as a sign of acceptance.
When Kindan tried to touch his wounds, Gray growled in caution. Still, Kindan continued to find a way to carry Gray without hurting him too much. Méaltha watched him helplessly, and with admiration for what he was doing.

After a while he managed to hold him around his shoulders. So they turned around and continued their little journey...
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2006 11:26
"I think we can," he said softly, stroking Gray's head as the animal dropped his muzzle to Kindan's palm. His other hand went to rest on her shoulder, close to the base of her neck, and he rubbed the tense muscles in her shoulder gently. "Don't cry, mellui." Kindan paused, studying the tree, as Mealtha climbed out, trying to discern the best way to carry the wolf without hurting him too badly.
After a few minutes, he began to ease the wolf's body out of the ground; the animal's tense sinews sid just how much this pained him, but he did not make a sound, his eyes pinned on an anxious Mealtha.
He's trying not to worry her, Kindan thought in silent amaze as he picked up the wolf and began to walk back, Mealtha hovering over Gray worriedly.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 03:02
When they got back, the others immediately came to see what was going on. Kindan ordered Gwlirain and Lothwing to get some herbs and Lohasan had to help him to lay Gray down.
Suddenly everybody was working to heal him, except for Méaltha. It was like she was paralyzed from the pain she could feel from Gray. And then, to make it even worse, Gray fainted. And so did Méaltha.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:33
"Eru!" Kindan murmured as Glwirain grabbed Mealtha to steady her. "They're connected in some way." He bit his lip, frowning in concentration, then motioned to his brother. "Bring her here." Glwirain carried Mealtha's light body over to Kindan carefully, and Kindan took her, laying her on the ground perpendicular to Gray and resting her head on the uninjured flank. Glwirain gave his brother the small, round pouch crammed with herbs that Kindan always carried, his blue eyes concerned. Kindan muttered quietly to himself, frowning slightly on occasion and at most other times looking just worried and intense. He had produced bandages from somwhere in his pack and was beginning to cautiously care for the wolf's swollen shoulder. His torn paws he bandaged gently,the herbs he used giving off a soft, spicy scent. The broken paw he splinted before bandaging.
Turning to Lothwing, since she was the only woman, at hand, he asked,"Lothwing-would you check if Mealtha's wounded somewhere besides the obvious places?" when she nodded all the men withdrew until Lothwing called them back.
Kindan came back to sit beside the two sleeping forms. "So?"
Waiting for Lothwing's answer, he brushed a lock of hair off Mealtha's forehead gently. The fiery color contrasted sharply with her abnormally pale skin.
What's happening to you, little one?

[Edited on 28/3/2006 by Sillmarwen]
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:38
((RED!! red hair ))
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:55
((Whoops! I couldn't remeber!! *dashes away to edit while munching on cheese* Hey, so is it okay if she's injured, or no?))
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 09:08
((Let Lothwing decide. She's the one who was checking Méaltha. I don't care, so... Lothwing?))

..."Gray!"... The wind, the sun, the grass! Oh! this is beautiful! "Beautiful Gray!" I scream in the air. Gray is running around, chasing a butterfly, a beautiful, purple butterfly. My dress is white. Oh, so white, it's almost too fierce to look at. And I have a crown of flowers in my hair! "Gray! come here!" And I laugh. I laugh like I've never laughed before...
What is this place? Where am I?...

[Edited on 28/3/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 02:05
Kindan watched silently as Mealtha called out. "Gray!" a pause, and then, "Beautiful Gray!" another silence, then, "Gray, come here!" and a soft laugh.
He turned to Lothwing,his voice quiet and urgent. "Was she wounded?"
He waited for the girl's answer, his eyes on Mealtha and his hand resting on hers. Something tangible, he hoped, to keep her.
Where are you? Come back, tithenain...
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 06:14
"Where are you? Come back, tithenain..."
"Come back..." floats through my head. Who is that voice?
"tithenain" There, again. Who is that?

Wait... I see him.... almost. His eyes... Those eyes, I've seen them before...

Méaltha groaned a bit. Her mouth opened, to take a deep breath. But then, nothing happened.

No, it was no-one. Just two eyes I haven't seen before. What does it matter? Nothing, just nothing... The wind is fantastic, like the sun... The heaven is so blue... All I want to do is to run along with Gray, hunting little rabits. "Come on Gray, let's go."
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 12:13
Zephyr looked at Mealtha, Gray and the others, he couldn't do anything to help her, even though he desperately wanted to. He hovered behind Kindan and pulled his long sleeves over his hands for warmth.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 05:20
Kindan pressed his lips together worriedly as Mealtha groaned, her lips parting slightly as if to breathe; then, nothing for a heartstopping instant until she began to breathe in steady cadence once more.
"Come on, Gray, let's go."
Mealtha! his heart screamed silently. Was she slipping away? NO!
Feeling Zephyr hovering worriedly behind him, he reached back to squeeze the boy's hand comfortingly.
"They're going to be okay, Zeph," he promised softly, more to himself than to anyone else. "They will be."
They have to be. Oh, Mealtha, come back.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 02:54
((OOC: Sorry for not posting!!!))

"No cuts, but she has a long line of bruises along her sides," said Lothwing, looking at Gray sadly. "I have no idea of what to do. I've heard stories of people have mental connections with animals, but not like this. This is a strange sort of bond..."

Mealtha's eyes were closed, and she was laughing and muttering to herself. Lothwing put a hand to MEaltha's forehead. It was burning to the touch.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 04:12
((No problem, dear, it's fine))

"No cuts, but she has a long line of bruises along her sides," said Lothwing, looking at Gray sadly. "I have no idea of what to do. I've heard stories of people have mental connections with animals, but not like this. This is a strange sort of bond..."
She touched Mealtha's forehead and frowned slightly. Kindan's fingers brushed Mealtha's sides gently, almost hesitatingly. How did she get those bruises? If it was from him knocking her down, they wouldn't be on her side; he didn't recall her getting knocked around too badly while fighting.
"I think," Kindan said slowly, "All we can do is wait. And keep calling her." he swallowed, licking suddenly-dry lips. "They'll either wake up, or they won't."
But you must wake up. I won't let you go.
Kindan kept watching silently, his fingers still absently sliding along her side. Up, down, up, down-as if somehow he could erase her hurts.
He hummed softly under his breath, stroking the transluscent inside of her wrist in a steady rhythmm.
Stay here.
Gentle words floated through his mind. His mother's voice, an old memory. Comforting.

Losto si, losto, mir-ithil eria
Losto si, losto, thilia-el síla
Losto si, losto, duath i talt
Losto si, losto, sollen lin hin a elei

He automatically translated the words into elvish as he went over them in his mind.

Sleep now, sleep, jewel-moon rises
Sleep now, sleep, glitter-stars shine
Sleep now, sleep, darkness is falling
Sleep now, sleep, close your eyes and dream.

A death chant, and a lullaby. What was he thinking? She would not die! He slammed the verse out of his head.
Stay with me, tithenain. Stay with me.

[Edited on 30/3/2006 by Sillmarwen]

[Edited on 30/3/2006 by Sillmarwen]
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 09:56
Well, that was an exhausting hunt, wasn't it Gray? It was marvelous. I am sitting on the floor, eating a delicious rabbit, with Gray on my side. He had caught at least three of them, and the last one was disappearing into his stomach.
But then, the wind comes up. It's like the wind is whispering something. Thousands of little voices raises upon the leaves of the trees. After a while I can hear them, I can hear what they are saying. It's a song, comforting and warm. A woman's voice, I hear in it.

Losto si, losto, mir-ithil eria
Losto si, losto, thilia-el síla
Losto si, losto, duath i talt
Losto si, losto, sollen lin hin a elei

This song, it does something to me I cannot describe. It's strange. Everything is becoming darker and uglier. What is this? What's happening? The comforting words are warm and it's like the words are tiny little fingers. They're sucking and pulling me into the warm wind.... Yes, I'll surrender me, yes I will.

Suddenly Méaltha was back in her own body. She could feel her cold flesh and bones. And she felt something sliding along her side. And she felt pain.
Then she opened her eyes, not knowing what she was seeing. And then, at last, she caught her breath.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 02:35
"Mealtha?"
Kindan's voice was low. "Are you-?" his voice trailed off; she blinked and turned her head toward him, her eyes strangely disfocused for a moment.
He motioned Glwirain and Lohasan and the other two off to the side, and glanced from them to Zephyr. Lohasan nodded slightly and drew the boy with them.
Kindan glanced over to Lothwing, kneeling across from him beside Mealtha, and took a slight breath and grinned.
"Are you alright, tithenain?"
his hands continued to brush softly along her side, almost as if it gave him physical discomfort to know she was hurt, his eyes shimmering softly.
"Mealtha?"

BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 04:24
Lothwing sighed with relief. Mealtha's eyes had opened, and although they were still glassy with fever, they didn't have the paniced, unrecognizing look of before.

Lothiwng relaxed. There was not much she could do at the moment, so she decided to leave the two alone for a little. Something seemed to have happened between them when they were looking for Gray.

Gray. Her eyebrows furrowed into a frown. With all the excitement about Mealtha, she had forgotten to check on Gray. She knelt by the wolf and looked him over. For now, at least, she could clean his cuts. Later she could gather herbs.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 05:28
((Gray is awake, ok? I'll post later, I'm kinda busy right now. Just wanted to let you know he's also awake!))
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 05:48
((okay))

Kindan nodded his thanks to Lothwing as she began to recheck the dressings he'd put on the now-awoken wolf's wounds; he'd cared for the wounds and then forgotten about them because of his worry over Mealtha.
He looked down at Mealtha, squeezing her hand.
"I'm here."
I'm here, and I'm never leaving. Gweston.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 03:06
Zephyr looked up at Lohasan. "Are they going to be alright?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2006 12:51
Lohasan grinned at Zephyr reassuringly. "I'm pretty sure they will be, kid." He patted the boy's shoulder.
"So, how did you happen to fall in with this bunch?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 07:48
((Uh...guys?))
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 09:07
"I'm here." said a voice.
After a moment Méaltha recognized him. Kindan. She could only smile, but had nothing to say. She grabbed his hand and kissed it. When she looked at him, she had tears in her eyes.
She let his hand go and turned around on her side, with her back at Kindan, and gasped a little.

((sorry, was on a trip with my folks))
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2006 12:05
He touched her face softly, worried as her eyes glistened. She let go of the hand she'd taken and turned over, then released a small gasp of pain; he gathered her up in his arms, leaning her back against his chest so as not to aggravate her injuries. "Mealtha?" he sounded worried. "How did you get those bruises?"
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 02:06
Méaltha did not want to answer that question, so she turned around and asked; "Did you also hear a woman singing?" she tried to find the right words "it-it was... incredible. I'd never heard such a sweet and warm voice. Who was that woman?".

[Edited on 4/4/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 08:12
"I... ran away from home." Zephyr paused for a second, trying to phrase it rightly. "Because my father...hurt me. And Kindan healed me."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 03:52
Kindan refused to be diverted. "Mealtha?" he prodded, his hands caressing her body gently, as if to take away the pain. "Please? Who did that to you?"

Lohasan allowed anger to harden his face for only a moment; but though his countanece once again went smooth, he still roiled inwardly with anger at a man who would so treacherously abuse a child for his own sick pleasure.
"Yeah, well...Kindan knows summat about that, hey mate? He had something of the same thing happen to him with his uncle. But he probably told you that."
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 06:34
"Yeah, well...Kindan knows summat about that, hey mate? He had something of the same thing happen to him with his uncle. But he probably told you that."

Lothwing looked up in surprise, pausing from redressing Gray's wounds. Had Kindan mentioned that? She hadn't heard him say anything about it.

It was strange to think that someone like him had been abused. He hadn't struck her as that type of person.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 08:44
Kindan glanced up as he heard Lohasan talking to Zephyr and grinned, tipping a salute his mentor's way-actually greeting him for the first time that day. He hoped that the elf could help Zephyr like he'd helped Kindan: the elf had been the father that he'd never had; his own had died, his uncle had hurt him, but Lohasan had taken time to teach him to live and trust. Callion, Lohasan's brother, had been more of a big-brother figure than anything. Both had been essential figures in his childhood. He'd been seven when Lohasan accosted his uncle. He wasn't sure exactly what Lohasan's veiled hints meant then, and he still wasn't sure; but from what he could peice together, and sumrise, Lohasan and Callion's mother's half-sister had been his mother.
Or something like that.
With a shrug, Kindan turned his full attention back to Mealtha.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 04:58
"Look, it's nothing." Méaltha said, a bit irritated. "It's just that..." she began sighing. She felt Kindan caressing her body, nice and gently. This friendly touch gave her tears in her eyes. She felt his strong hands on her body and it even gave her goosebumps.
"No, it's nothing, really." she said, trying to convince him. But it didn't sound that way. "I'm... when..." and she sighed again. "It's just that... you see.. em..", but she had not the words to begin her story.
Then, she remembered Gray being hurt and tried to push Kindan a little away, to go through. "Let me go see Gray, Kindan." But the look in Kindan's eyes made her stop talking.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email