Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: April 06, 2006 09:48
Zephyr watched as Kindan saluted Lohasan and looke up at him.

"How do you know Kindan?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 02:05
“Look, it’s nothing.” Mealtha insisted, sounding slightly annoyed. “It’s just that…” her words trailed off in a soft sigh that made Kindan grin. He saw her eyes glimmer softly, watching her face, and kissed her softly.
“No, it’s nothing, really,” she continued, sounding as if she was trying to convince both him and herself. “I’m…when…” and she sighed once more. “It’s just that..you see…ah…” and once more, she seemed to be searching for words.
She pushed at him, trying to rise. “Let me go see Gray, Kindan.”
He turned her around, bending his head slightly so his lips were almost against her ear.
“Gray is fine; Lothwing is with him right now. She’s taking care of him. What I want you to do for me, right now, is sit here and tell me how you came by those bruises." He continued to rub her sides gently; this was one thing, if approached cautiously, that he found helped ease bruises’ soreness. Besides, he liked the way her body felt under his hands. “Please, Mealtha. I...”
He wanted to tell her the thing he most wanted was to hold her forever-keep her right there, in his arms, where he could love her and protect her. To tell her how beautiful he found her, inside and out; how she made him feel. He didn’t know how to tell her that. So he was showing her in the best way he could. The only thing he could think of to say, he said.
“I love you.”
And then he kissed her.

"How do you know Kindan?" Lohasan shrugged at the question. “We’re related. Rather distantly, but still. He’s been wandering around with me ‘n Callion since he was little-we’re only peredhel, not edhel; Kindan’s got a little elf blood in him. You’d never know it, though. He’s ugly as a bear in winter.” Lohasan chuckled as Kindan looked up with a quizzical glare, but his dancing eyes said it was something of a joke between them. Lohasan continued, unperturbed. “He didn’t much like being at home alone with his uncle, so we took him with us when we weren’t with him.” He tilted his head at Zephyr. “You from Gondor? You have the accent.”
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 09:41
"Uh, yes." Said Zephyr. "Um...Peredhel and Edhel, what's that?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 03:57
Lohasan laughed, ruffling Zephyr's hair in a friendly fashion. "Peredhel is a half-elf. Edhel is an elf."
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 06:14
"I love you."
Méaltha couldn't believe , he actually said that. She could say nothing. But only kiss him. She had to cry spontaneously, but it didn't matter at all. Kindan was just kissing her tears away. It was wonderful.
"Kindan" she said with intense love in her voice, "I love you too." And once more, she kissed him on his lips, with great passion.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 08:31
“Kindan,” she said softly, and the way her voice sounded made him positively thrill, “I love you too.”
“Good,” he answered, the first thing that popped into his head, and then laughed at how ridiculous it sounded, especially murmured through a rather deep kiss. “I mean…” he shrugged. “Oh well!”
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 10:19
Lothwing sighed and exhaled softly. She couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed at the mushy talk going on behind her. Deciding that Gray's bandages were fine, she pushed herself up and headed over to where Zephyr and Kindan's friends were gathered.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 11:09
Callion grinned as he saw Lothwing heading over, plainly discomfitted. He scooted over slightly to make room for her and bit back a smile at Kindan and Mealtha's behavior.
"They make an...interesting..pair," he commented.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2006 06:35
The reaction of Kindan, made her giggle a bit. She rolled with her eyes, giving him a playful kiss.
Suddenly she had to yawn. The large amount of emotions had exhausted her. Méaltha closed her eyes and dozed off into the arms of Kindan.

[Edited on 9/4/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2006 05:28
Callion scooted over slightly to make room for Lothwing and bit back a smile at Kindan and Mealtha's behavior. "They make an...interesting..pair."

Lothwing smiled and dropped into a sitting position, then immidiately popped back up. "Sweet Eru, I've absolutely forgotten about Laerwen! Where is she? She'd better be alright, or-!"

She left that sentance hanging and clapped a hand to her forehead. "Where was she last...?"
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2006 02:52
Laerwen jumped down from the tree after a while of remembering where she was. She had a horrible headache, due to the fact that she was knocked out for a while. She sighed. Nobody had looked for her. Nobody had cared whether she was laying lifeless in the tree with an arrow in her side. Nobody had cared.

She had seen it all. Everyone had been all worried about Gray, and then about Mealtha. And Kindan... she sighed again. She had seen everything. Speaking softly and lovingly to each other, stroking each other, and then he... he kissed her. And there she was, dozing blissfully in his arms.

And no one cared about her.

OoC: *pokes Laerwen* You're being a brat!

[Edited on 9/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2006 04:46
Lothwing left the ring of people and began to pace, a rather un-elflike attribute. Where had Laerwen been in the fight? In a tree. Which tree?

She tried to remember where she had been. Laerwen had been above her, or was it in the tree next to her?

She abruptly stopped pacing and headed into the trees. Laerwen had to be around here, she had to...

"Laerwen? Laerwen!"
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 09:27
((Sill??? Bunny?? Sprite?? TQ?? Where are you?!!:cry)
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2006 11:03
(( I... I was waiting for Sill >_<; ))
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 07:54
((sorry guys, banned. WB, Sprite!!))

After Mealtha fell asleep, Kindan slid carefully out from behind her, covering her with his cloak before making his way over to the others. Glwirain gave him a look, and he patently ignored it.
My life and feelings are not yours to dictate, brother, he thought silently, tersely. Glwirain shrugged at Kindan's barely-apparent anger and continued his quiet conversation with Rume.
Kindan counted silently, making sure everyone was present. "Damn! Damn it all!" he burst out suddenly, after counting twice and realize one of their number was missing. "Where's Laerwen?"
H kept a steady stream of mental curses and self-imprecations at his carelessness. The elf-maid was either wounded and unconcious, or captive, which he doubted and did not want to consider anyway-knowing what the orcs did to women they caught-, or..he forced himself to say the word softly.
Dead?
He would never forgive himself if the girl was; she was far to young to die. Far too young; he doubted she had passed her sixteenth year. But then, she was an elf, so how she looked was no guide...
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 12:52
Laerwen leaned on a tree with one hand on the oposite arm. She hadn't had any major injuries except a gash on her arm. It didn't hurt all that much, but the loos of blood was making her light-headed. She sank down and leaned against the tree, her throbbing head not permitting her to go on.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2006 02:32
Kindan could see Lothwing was frantically searching already. Callion had gotten a fragmented idea that they were searching for a she-elf from Lothwing's distressed exclamation, and he and Rume and Lohasan were already helping search. Zephyr was sound asleep against a tree, Mealtha still slept, and Gray was also sleeping.
He began searching through the treetops and on the ground, looking for anything that might clue them in to the missing girl's whereabouts.

Glwirain saw a flash of color and walked curiously around the tree. He had gone a bit further than the others, and as he rounded the small cluster he saw a panting she-elf sagging against a tree as if she were unable to move or perhaps even breathe effectively; she didn't appear to be wounded anywhere but her arm-and that was bad. Her arm was covered in dried blood and the liquid ran in rivulets down her arm, rivering through the fingers of the hand she'd clamped over it. He walked towards her anxiously. "..Laerwen?" he asked, pretty sure that was the missing girl's name.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 01:12
Lothwing cursed softly. If Laerwen died, she'd never forgive herself for forgetting about her closest friend.

A rush of senseless, blind anger towards Mealtha rose up in her. It was all her fault! If she hadn't made such a fuss about Gray that she'd fainted, Lothwing wouldn't have lost track of Laerwen!
She sighed and was instantly filled with remorse. It wasn't Mealtha's fault, she couldn't help it. It was Lothwing's fault for forgetting.

She wondered faintly where Laerwen's horse, Aranhil, had gone. If they found Laerwen, she'd help her search for him.
No, when they found Laerwen.
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 04:26
Learwen's eyes opened slowly at the sound of her name. In front of her was a man, who bore a family resemblance to Kindan. She nodded her head and attempted to stand up, putting most of her weight against the tree. From her dry lips came one word, spoken in a hoarse whisper, "Lothwing..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 07:24
Glwirain hesitated momentarily, then moved forward and picked the girl up, since she clearly couldn't walk by herself. As she stiffened in protest, he gave her a reassuring glance. "It's alright, Laerwen, I won't hurt you. I'm taking you back to the others. I'm Kindan's brother, Glwirain." he almost laughed, ruefully, as he heard himself. Oh, Eru, Kin's brainwashed me. Our whole family was brainwashed into the healer mentality... he shook his head, almost amused and relieved that they had found the missing girl, then started walking back towards the others.
"Kin! Lothwing! I've got her!"
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 12:13
Laerwen didn't like the idea of being carried, especially by someone she didn't know, but her ever-throbbing head told her that she couldn't walk. As soon as they were in the clearing, and the man (she thought he had said Glwirain) had called Kindan and Lothwing, she dropped out of his arms to her feet and steadied herself on a tree. "Thank you," she said quietly, her voice coming back. She winced and leaned on her other arm, remembering the gash she had. She was relieved to see Zephyr unharmed, and waited for Lothwing and Kindan to come out of the trees.

[Edited on 16/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 02:39
Glwirain let go of Laerwen as she moved to stand, but stood nearby for a few seconds as she steadied herself, ready to grab her, then nodded at her thanks. He quirked his mouth concernedly as she winced.
Kindan, trailing Lothwing, came back into the camp.

Kindan let out a sigh of relief as he saw Glwirain and Laerwen. Lothwing's tense face relaxed noticeably, too, and they both hurried towards Laerwen. "Are you alright?"

Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 09:13
Gray woke up. For a moment he could not remember were he was, but then he saw his soul-mate, Méaltha, sleeping and he remembered it. He stretched his body out, slowly and carefully. He did not want to have more pain than necessary. Gray yawned and walked forward in the direction of Méaltha, to see if she was alright. He knew it. He had dragged her into his hunting dreams when he had passed out. He knew it. He had seen her being there. While he yawned, Gray smelled the awful smell of humans being too long on one place. The smell was almost too disgusting to bear, but Méaltha was happy with this folks, so he was too.

Méaltha felt a wet and cold thing rubbing against her cheek. She could not help to giggle a little and began to open her eyes. Then, she felt a huge tongue licking on her face. That made her burst out in laughing, trying to push him away. "Gray" she said with a big smile on her face. She hugged him strongly, but still carefully. They were happy together. Nothing could break their friendship. Absolutely nothing. She felt still a bit dizzy, but she knew it was not so bad. "Come on, Gray. Let's hunt a rabbit or two for us and our new friends." she said, knowing it would please him and that he still had the strength for a good hunt.

Then she heard Kindan sigh and saying "Are you alright?" to someone. Wondering who that could be, she stood up and walked towards the voices, Gray two steps behind her.
She kissed Kindan on his hair and embraced him. Then she saw what made Kindan relief like that. Learwen!. Méaltha opened her mouth to greet her, but closed it immediately. She saw Learwen's look on her face, when she was embracing Kindan. That look, she would not forget easily. So Méaltha said quietly; "Learwen, glad you're back." Trying to find the correct words to break this awkward moment, she said; "You must be very hungry." and looked around "You must all be very hungry. Let me and Gray hunt for some rabbits or more."

And off they were. Leaving the company behind, taking care of Learwen.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 10:37
"Kin! Lothwing! I've got her!"

At the sound of Glwirain's voice, Lothwing turned around and rushed back through the trees into the clearing. Laerwen was supporting herself against a tree. She had a gash on her arm, and it was coated with blood.

Lothwing hugged her gently and stepped back. "I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I can't believe I forgot!"
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 02:35
Laerwen was overjoyed to see Kindan and Lothwing unharmed as well, though Lothwing did have a bandage on her leg. Mealtha and her wolf woke from where they were sleeping, snd they got up and came over as well. Mealtha hugged Kindan, and Laerwen stiffened. Mealtha was about to say something, but closed her mouth quickly. She said softly instead, "Laerwen, I'm glad you're back." Laerwen nodded politely at her.

She knew she shouldn't be like this towards Mealtha. It was their decision, not hers. Still, she couldn't help feeling overlooked and forgotten. She looked at the worried faces around her and answered their questions.

"Yes, I'm fine, for the most part," she said looking down at her arm. When Lothwing hugged her and apologized, she smiled and replied, "Don't worry about it."
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 03:47
"Yes, I'm fine, for the most part," said Laerwen. In response to Lothwing's apology, she brushed it off. "Don't worry about it."

Lothwing pulled her into a sitting position. "Hold still. I need to clean your arm."

Her water bottle was still sitting on the ground where she had left it. She tored a strip off the sleeve of her shirt and wet it, then began wiping off the dried blood. "Kindan, do you have any bandages left?" she asked.
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 05:34
Laerwen obediently sat still and let Lothwing begin to clean her arm. "So... what'd I miss? Anything important?" she asked her. "It was an orc arrow," she said, indicating her arm. "If it had had a little better aim it would have gone through my arm. I lost my grip after it scraped me, and fell back onto a lower branch, hitting my head. That's why I was unconcious for a while. I have a horrible headache; could I have some water?" She appeared to be only talking to Lothwing, and not really paying any attention to the others.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 08:23
((OOC: Oops, I said water bottle.))
Lothwing listened as Laerwen described what happened to her.

"I have a horrible headache; could I have some water?" she asked. Lothwing handed her the water skin. "Do you think the arrow was poisoned?" she asked.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 10:43
Kindan reached behind him to squeeze Mealtha's hand surreptiously as she kissed him and put her arms around him briefly, turning his head to smile at her, then shifted almost awkwardly and looking down at Lothwing and Laerwen. "Do you need help, or are you okay?"

Glwirain glanced at Kindan, giving a slight shake of the head with a disbelieving, disapproving expression at the show of affection that was so obviously out of place at this moment. "I can, if they need help," he said sharply, his tone flat. "Go on, Kin, it's fine." the 'assurance' seemed to be more of a dismissal. Glwirain could tell by the expression on Kindan's face as he turned away that what he had not said stung more than what he had.
"I'll take first watch," Rume said, breaking the silence, and promptly disappeared.
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 11:42
Laerwen gratefully excepted the water skin and drank from it. "Thank you," she said when she had finished.

"Was the orc arrow poisened?" Lothwing asked.

"No, I don't think so. I didn't have much time to look, but I still don't think it was." When Kindan asked if everything was okay, she replied with a nod and a smile. Laerwen was a little surprised at the sharp words that were exchanged between Kindan and Glwirain. She looked curiously at Kindan as he walked away, but shrugged it off as simply sibling rivalry.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 02:20
Lothwing nodded her thanks to Kindan and Glwirain. "Hold still," she advised Laerwen. "I need to bandage up your arm."

She paused. "On second thought, maybe someone else should do it. I'm bad at that sort of thing."
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 05:45
It had been a good hunt, despite the wounds of Gray and Méaltha and that the sun was almost gone. They had caught three whole rabbits. Two of them was digging a hole right underneath their hiding place, that one had been just to easy. The other one was a little harder to catch. Fortunately Méaltha had thought about bringing her bow with her, so she eventually could catch the other rabbit.

When they returned, tired and sweaty, the other ones were all busy. "Hello again." Méaltha greeted everyone. Proudly she showed the two rabbits and Gray had one in his mouth. "Someone's hungry?" she asked and looked around. "The last time we eat was... this morning, I believe."

[Edited on 18/4/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 07:46
"Morning, was it?" said Lothwing distantly, still pressing her rag to Laerwen's wound. "I lost track of time."

As she looked around, she added, "The fire is still going."
SpriteTheBunny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 10:10
"Well, it was sunset when I got here, and it looks like it's getting light on the eastern horizon," put in Laerwen. She winced a little at the pressure Lothwing was putting on her wound.

Her eyes strayed to Grey and the rabbits he had in his mouth. Her stomach growled rather loudly, and she smiled sheepishly. Laerwen never onced moved her eyes to Mealtha's face.

"I can cook, if someone will skin those," she offered, motioning towards the rabbits. "I don't mind cooking the meat, but cutting the animal up is not my favorite past-time."

[Edited on 18/4/2006 by SpriteTheBunny]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 10:17
Glwirain began to root through Kindan's pack, tossing numerous things out while muttering various imprecations at his brother's disorganization, going into great detail about how large a blockhead he was, and exactly whom his ancestors must have been for him to be such a monumental blockhead; he even went so far as to insinuate that his grandparent had mated with one of Sauron's spawn. When he finally did come up with a flask and a bandage, his face was flushed with annoyance. However, he was gentle as he began to clean Laerwen's wound a second time.
"I'm sorry it stings, but it'll clean it thoroughly," he apologized, almost absently, careful to cause as little pain as possible, the tip of his tongue protruding from the side of his mouth in concentration as he finished cleaning the wound and bandaged it.
A mischievious grin creased his face as he began to roll up the bandages, and when he had tied one of the rolls up, he flung it at Kindan, who was skinning a rabbit. The soft roll hit him square in the shoulder.

Kindan winced, swearing softly, before springing up and spinning around to face his brother. He bit his lip, trying not to smile in spite of the pain that his brother had caused to the small wound on his shoulder. He set the rabbit down with deliberate caution, then hurled himself at his brother, careful of his injured shoulder, and tackled him, tickling mercilessly.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email