Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: January 26, 2006 10:30
Lothwing nodded to Laerwen. Kindan- that was what Laerwen had called him- knew what he was doing.
She followed Laerwen out of the clearing, thinking to herself, 'To lose such a young life would be horrible. I hope Kindan can save him.'
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 04:48
Zephyr watched as the women girls(?) left, then looked up at Kindan.

"Why did they have to leave?"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 09:07
Kindan sat crosslegged beside Zephyr, his eyes shut, and answered quietly, "I'm going to heal you. I can't do it when anyone but me and the person I'm healing is close, unless they're not watching. So they had to leave so I can heal you...or at least try." he paused, opening his eyes and meeting Zephyr's. "I heal with herbs, but I heal some other way too. I don't know what it is, but I heal people, and the wound is just...gone. The same with the pain. I don't know why, and it doesn't always work. I think if someone could teach me I could make it work any time under any circumstance. But I told one person, a healer, and they...did not think I was telling the truth. When I showed them, their reaction was even worse. So I didn't show anyone else, just used it when I could. I don't even know how I do it, or why it works. It just...does. So I hope I can heal you." ((OOC: I'm just going to pretend Tinquendi's gone as well, okay?)) He gingerly found the wound on the back of Zephyr's head and covered it with his hand, clamping down his jaw as the sinews in his hands stood out with tense concentration. His mind was blank, and he reached through darkness for what seemed forever. Forever. He had the strange sense they were all just ripples...ripples...forever...ripples...forever...ripples...healing, he could feel it, he could-
Suddenly it was gone and he 'woke' with a shock. It had almost worked. He gritted his teeth and began again. This time, it would work. He would make it. Everything faded to darkness in his mind, everything faded to darkness in his sight, and he reached blindly. Those ripples again. The whisper-ripples. forever. ripples. forever. ripples. ripples. forever. ripples. ripples. ripples. ripples. losto si, losto, mir-ithil eria...losto si, losto, thilia-el síla...losto si, losto, duath i talt...losto si, losto, sollen lin hin a elei annan...
And then he felt it. It worked. The pounding on the back of his head made him certain, and the release of the void. He moved on to the other wounds, ignoring the pain.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 12:25
Zephyr felt Kindan's hand on the back of his head, right over the pain. Kindan closed his eyes and for some reason, Zephyr felt the need to do the same. There was a strange feeling on the back of his head... almost like rain, but heavier. Yet, more soothing. Then all of a sudden, it stopped. Zephyr opened his eyes and looked at Kindan who was gritting his teeth. Then Zephyr felt it again. Only this time, it carried on longer. And when it was over, he couldn't feel pain in his head anymore.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 05:54
Kindan blinked, feeling oddly dizzy.
"Strange," he murmured, shaking his head before he moved on to the wound on Zephyr's arm. The healing came quicker, easier, this time. It filled him. He felt the tingling, the pure painless absence of any feeling for a moment before a crushing pain in his arm caused him to gasp. Painfully, he moved the arm to rest on Zephyr's stomach, and hastened to do the same there. A delicate balance, that-the healing of wounds. Which one to heal first? The worst because it was the most dangerous, or the least because he would better be able to go on to the next? No matter. As he felt the wound seep from Zephyr, he gasped, clutching his side, and reeled back, gritting his teeth. Panting, he lay beside the child, his body aching. The wounds were not truly there, but by feel he would swear it. A sudden wave of pain swept him, and he nearly cried out. How had the child endured this? Too bad he couldn't take away his pain; but there it was. Perhaps because the pain was not truly from a wound. At any rate, he could feel it.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2006 01:10
Tinquendi reached a suitable place just before Kindan sent the others away. "Why do they leave them alone?" she asked herself and watched as Kindan moved his hands over the boy´s wounds. Suddenly Kindan fell to the ground as if he was in great pain, and it took some moments til she remembered where she saw something like this before. Tinquendi gasped, he was a healer! Obviously he did not want anyone to watch him do it, but now she was really interested in Kindan: where did he come from? Who are his parents? She knew there was no way to find answers tonight, so she decided to stay in her tree and guard the others as she had told Laerwen. There were only two hours left til the moon would vanish, a little more than three hours til morning. Tinquendi was looking foreward to breakfast, and she needed the time to think about some things. Maybe in the morrow it would be easier to make decicions, and maybe even find out why all this people met here tonight...
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2006 12:37
Zephyr felt the pain in his side vanish and opened his eyes. He looked at Kindan. He was bent double with pain, clutching the place in his own side where Zephyr's injury had been.

"What... What's happening?" Asked Zephyr. He put his hand on Kindan's arm.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2006 03:26
((I was wondering when you guys would get around to it I apologize for posting in the wrong thread, but it turned out slighlty different from what I expected. Thanks for the warning. To all the members, just keep going on the other thread, okayish?))

Kindan lay flat on his back, his eyes closed, and didn’t move, not even very much when he shook his head. “I’m-fine. I’m not...really hurt.” He bit his lip at a slight twinge, but he knew he was fine. The pain would pass. He stopped himself from flinching as Zephyr touched his arm. “It’s always like this,” he continued quietly, steadily. “I always...feel what the other person did, even if I’m not really injured. I know there’s a ....way to block it but I don’t know how. Yet.” He started to say more, then fell silent for a bit before adding, “It will be completely gone by tomorrow night, I think. I’ll just be sore tomorrow.” he opened clouded blue eyes and scrutinized Zephyr. “Are you alright, Zephyr?”
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2006 07:01
“I always...feel what the other person did, even if I’m not really injured. I know there’s a ....way to block it but I don’t know how. Yet.”

Zephy hurriedly took his hand off Kindan's arm. "I'm... sorry." He muttered.

“Are you alright, Zephyr?”

"Yes... the pain's completely gone. I... thankyou..." It was only now that Zephyr realised this was the first time someone had done anything for him.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 03:12
Kindan offered Laerwen a half-smile, rather flustered by her praise, then turned to Zephyr.
"It's fine," he reassured him. "And you're welcome. So...where do you come from?" Kindan rummaged with only a little difficulty in his poucha nd found a leave. He put it on his tongue and waited, listening attentively.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 05:04
"It's fine," he reassured him. "And you're welcome. So...where do you come from?"

Zephyr sat cross legged oposite Kindan. "Gondor... Um, Minas Tirith."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 12:50
Kindan nodded slightly. "You're not Gondorian though, not by those ears," he said, then added, "I'm from Dol Amroth myself. Have you ever been there?"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2006 09:42
"You're not Gondorian though, not by those ears,"

Zephyr shook his head. "But I have always lived there."

"I'm from Dol Amroth myself. Have you ever been there?"

Zephyr shook his head again.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 11:59
Kindan nodded slightly, drowsily, feeling the leaf on his tongue beginning to take effect. His eyes drifted closed and he let out a quiet sigh as he felt the world slip away into darkness.
The night passed.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 01:11
((hey you guys.. it's a very interesting story.. could I join?
My character is half Elf, half Dúnedain.. she has a wolf named Gray.. and loves adventures. You'll find her in DB))

Méaltha woke up.. A noise..
She looked a bit confused around. 'Where am I?'she thought for a moment, but remembered again.
Her father, the fight.
She turned to her side, closed her eyes again and tried to caress Gray. She opened one eye and looked around. 'where is he?', she thought in panic. But then she saw his steps into the sand. Méaltha grabbed her knife and followed Gray's trail, silent as the grave...
After a while her nose captured the smells of Horses and a campfire. Quickly she came closer. And there she saw Gray laying on the floor, well hided. 'What are you doing here, Gray?'she wispered at the wolf. Gray looked at her and then he pointed his nose at some dark pool. Méaltha looked at it and touched it... Blood.

[Edited on 5/2/2006 by Ellesàdriël]

[Edited on 9/2/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2006 03:44
(You're welcome to join, Ellesadriel!)
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2006 12:52
Zephyr watched as the leaf took effect on Kindan and he fell asleep. He heard a noise not far off in the forest and turned around.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 04:24
'o no.. they've heard me' she thought when she stepped on a branch. "Gray, stay here and observe them.. when you've discovered who they are, come back." whispered Méaltha. And silently she went back to her own camp. Dawn was coming, so she had to be quick. Méaltha put the fire out and grabbed her stuff. Her sword, which she'd found in Lothlorien, her bow with some arrows and her bag with supplies and water. And her little red flute of course..
Méaltha checked if she didn't forget something and began to erase all traces.
'Why was there blood on the floor? Has there been a fight?', she thought curiously. She had to find out! It would be great to have another adventure.

((Ooc: My grammar isn't that good, sorry about that! ))
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 06, 2006 12:00
Forgive me for asking but after 3 pages of thread I'd like to know where is this taking place, where is it going and what is its point?

Could someone please tell the mods the answers to those questions?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2006 03:29
Not to be rude, BerethEdhellen, but must it have a point?

(1) Where does it take place? It's taking place in Middle Earth in the realms of Gondor. Near the Bay of Belfalas, actually.

(2)Where is it headed? It's currently heading towards Gondor, why and to what end I am not sure. Perhaps for Kindan to find himself, perhaps for Zephyr to find out some suprsing things about himself. Perhaps for someone else's benefit. Perhaps we just don't know. Perhaps it's something we, like someone reading a story, are waiting to find out.

(3) What is its point? Don't know. I started it because sometimes it's nice, when you're starting out, just to feel out your character and develop your writing style. Sometimes, even if you're experienced, it's nice to practice and just let yourself go. You may find some ypu write suprisingly good things when not under pressure, which can spark suprisingly good ideas.

So I guess it doesn't really have a point, or a clear sense of direction. This is just creativity taking flight. We're winging it. And we're having a good time doing so.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 11:28
Zephyr stood up and walked slowly over to the end of the clearing. He was sure he'd heard the noise coming from here.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2006 10:01
Lothwing stirred and sat up.

'I must've slipped into dreams while waiting for Kindan... that's strange. I don't usually get tired this easily.'

She brushed her hair back out of her eyes and twisted around, looking for Zephyr. He was looking at the bushes at the other end of the clearing.

"Did you hear something?" she asked in an almost silent whisper, not wanting to scare away whoever was in the bushes.

((Ooc: sorry for not having posted on here! I'm still getting used to checking on this daily.))

[Edited on 9/2/2006 by BunnyBliz]

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by BunnyBliz]
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 03:07
Tinquendi only noticed the wolf when a stranger came towards it and talked to it, passing the tree she was sitting on right underneeth her. The elvish-looking woman did not look hostile, so Tinquendi did not attempt to warn the others-wich proofed to be a good decicion, because she did so herself only a few seconds later. After she ordered the wolf to stay where uit was she turned around to go back into the woods, but from her tree Tinquendi aimed at her with her bow and said "Do not move, or you will die!" just before the stranger reached the tree. Tinquendi knew she was save up here, and she knew that the woman, appearently half-elven herself, was trapped between the camp and her arrow, with no weapon drawn. "Draw your weapons and come here!" she shouted to the others, not taking her gaze off the woman "Look out for the wolf!"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 04:01
"Do not move, or you will die!"

Zephyr couldn't help but jump as he heard a woman's voice from the trees.

"Draw your weapons and come here!" she shouted to the others, not taking her gaze off the woman "Look out for the wolf!"
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 04:33
"Do not move, or you will die!" shouted someone at her.
Méaltha froze, Gray set up his hair and growled dangerously, Méaltha looked around. She wondered where the voice came from.
Then she heard "Draw your weapons and come here!, Look out for the wolf!" above her. She looked up and saw an arrow pointing at her. "Gray, wait" she whispered.
"I.. I... who are you?" she said out loud, while she slowly grabbed her knife.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2006 08:41
Lothwing pulled her dirk from her belt.

"Laerwen, Tinquendi is just being careful."

Lothwing inspected the wolf. 'He could be very dangerous if the woman ordered him to attack us,' she thought. 'Fortunately Tinquendi has the upper hand.'

"I...I... Who are you?" the woman asked, fear in her voice.

"We are travelers. I think we have more of a right to ask who you are," she said softly, walking closer, her dirk at the ready.

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by BunnyBliz]
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 02:36
"Travelers. Oke, I'm Méaltha daughter of Méaldien of Lothlorien. And this.."she pointed at the wolf, which was still growling."this is Gray, my best friend" and she bowed. "Me and my wolf come in peace, if you are so.."
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 04:25
"I am Lothwing. What are you doing here?" asked Lothwing, relaxing a little. Méaltha didn't appear to be much of a threat. She eyed Gray considerably, then offered her hand.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 04:31
"From Lorien?" Tinquendi asked, looking puzzled, and took down her bow. After she jumped down from the tree right in front of Mealtha, she bowed her head slightly and said: "My name is Tinquendi, I am from the Golden Wood too. I did not recognize you, or I would not have been so unpolite, but this night has brought us here by a strange chance, and to be honest, it made me a little uneasy. I hope you understand that I could not let you walk off without inquiring you first after you found our camp."
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 07:19
"I'm not sure," admitted Lothwing, tearing her eyes away from the wolf. "He must be very tired from-"

She stopped and looked at Méaltha. Kindan hadn't wanted them to know about his gift, so what would he think if she revealed it to this stranger?

"Let him sleep for a while longer," she decided.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 07:46
They concealed something, it floated in the air like a mosquito with his annoying zoom. The people who had 'welcomed' her didn't seem dangerous, though.
Gray relaxed a bit and began to sniff everybody exuberantly.
Méaltha grabbed the hand of a women and thought 'should I tell them about the fight?', but said "I am also a traveler, nice to meet all you.".
But then Méaltha remembered her bow and flute, "I have to pick up my stuff, would someone like to join me?" and Méaltha whistled at Gray. Gray stopped immediately his sniffing and joined Méaltha to take off.

((OOC: sorry guys, my grammar isn't that good. :blush: If something is not right just tell it, or PM me!))
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 08:38
"I have to pick up my stuff, would someone like to join me?" Méaltha asked. She whistled to the wolf, who had been sniffing at Lothwing's hands.

"I will," she said, putting her dirk back into her belt. "Where is it?"

((Ooc: It's okay, I didn't notice any major mistakes. I don't think you need to worry.))

[Edited on 14/2/2006 by BunnyBliz]
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2006 09:04
Ooc: You guys are all doing great! There's been a myriad of posts since I was last on (I was banned for 3 days from the computer), I'm really pleased! Whenever anyone is ready to wake 'Dan up, go right ahead
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 03:59
Zephyr shook Kindan to wake him up.

"Kindan, we have a visitor..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 09:14
Kindan blinked foggily, shaking his head as if to clear it. He scrubbed at his face gingerly, as if unsure whether he was sore or not, then grimaced slightly, but stood with comparative ease, pulling Zephyr to his feet. "Who is it?" He asked softly, watching with mild amusement the group of rather menacing women, then to Zephyr, "I feel slightly outnumbered, what about you?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email