Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Duath i Talt (free, unscripted go ahead and post)
on: February 15, 2006 10:13
"Who is it?"

"I don't know. Just some woman, but there's a wolf with her."

"I feel slightly outnumbered, what about you?"

Zephyr looked over to the others and laughed.

"Yeah..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2006 02:58
Kindan watched the group with avid interest. "A wolf, hmm? What is she doing? If she's just a traveler then she's probably harmless. Why are they holding her up?"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 12:25
"I don't know. Maybe they thought she was going to attack us?"
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 01:57
Lothwing glanced over her shoulder and noted that Zephyr had woken Kindan up. She was slightly surprised, for she hadn't heard anything. The boy must have very good skills at staying quiet.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 05:04
"Where is it?"Asked someone at her. "It's near by.." she answered.
Another man had joined the group. "Good morning." she said and gracefully bowed. "Me and my wolf are going to pick up my stuff, with the aid of... em.. I'm sorry, I forgot your name." Méaltha looked around, she looked at the people around her. "I have a little red flute over there, would you all like to hear some music?"

[Edited on 16/2/2006 by Ellesàdriël]
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2006 10:41
"I have a little red flute over there, would you all like to hear some music?" asked Méaltha.

Lothwing smiled and clapped her hands. "Yes, please! I love flutes. I used to play it a bit."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 04:07
Kindan tilted his head, studying the newcomer, then the boy beside him. Sitting down, he said quietly to Zephyr, "How...why...did your father do that?"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2006 11:01
Zephyr was shocked at the sudden question. He turned back to face Kindan.

"Umm... he just... does it. Or did it all the time. I don't know why..."
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 11:19
"It's hard." Kindan's tone was not questioning; it spoke of knowing from experience.
He saw how much he had discomfitted the boy, and looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry. I know it's...awkward...to discuss, at least at first. I should not have been so abrupt."
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 12:35
"It's... it's okay, really." Zephyr still couldn't stop himself from casting his eyes downwards though.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 02:37
"Well I´m glad I met this many friendly people in one night. And it is a pleasant suprise to meet someone from the golden wood here! But since the sun will be up within the next hour, I think I´ll have to pass out on this one and take a nap near the fire. Oh, and after that we ought to worry about breakfast, I am sure it is not too hard to find fresh food around here. I know it is a little queer to eat roastet meat in the morning, but I have not eaten properly for days!" Tinquendi added with an apologetic look at the others, and a bow towards Laerwen, but a gleam in her eyes and a smile on her face. "I shall be sleeping now, but I hope we get a chance to talk, Mealtha!"

[Edited on 20/2/2006 by tinquendi]
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 11:06
(( OOC: Sounds good to me ))

Zephyr peered up the tree at Laerwen. "They... might not be?" he more hoped outloud than suggested.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 03:11
Lothwing looked consideringly at Gray, then back to Méaltha. "Is your wolf a good fighter? We may need his help. Zephyr, if it is orcs, I think you should stay in the back a bit. You're probably still too weak to fight well."

She didn't add that she thought it would be a little, well, wrong for a child to fight. Granted, he was an elven child, but still...

"Kindan? Do you think you'll be okay, after last night?"
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2006 02:24

"There seems to be a group of people coming... it's still a bit dark to see who they are, but I have a feeling they're not friendly. We should be on our guard, for they look as if they out-number us," Laerwen commented down to the others.

"Oh great! So now we finally get some company in this wilderness! Anyways, I think they are orcs, Zephyr. Here, take this knive, just in case. You´d better climb up a tree a little way further in the woods, but don´t go too far." Tinquendi hoped the boy would not need the knive, but in any case it was better if he had one. "I think we should place some people round the fire, so they don´t expect anything, and the rest of us should hide til they are here. I myself will climb back onto a tree." With that she climbed onto atree close to the clearing of the camp and withdrew her bow and an arrow, waiting silently and unseen for the approaching orcs.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2006 06:38
"Is your wolf a good fighter? We may need his help." asked Lothwing.
"Yes he is! He's a really good fighter, aren't you, Gray?" she proudly said and Méaltha caressed him a bit. But then she remembered something. "oh, my bow! I have a bow!" she stood up and almost fell by the sudden action. "I'll grab my bow and my knife, oh, and my flute, of course." she said with a smile to Lothwing.
"I'll be back in a minute. Gray will stay with you, in case if the orcs arrive faster than me. I will climb in a tree and will try to shoot some orcs... If they ARE orcs.." and Méaltha went off and became one with the night, like a wolf does.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2006 12:09
Zephyr took the knife, praying that he wouldn't need it, and climbed a nearby tree. He made sure he could still see the others but that no one who didn't know he was there couldn't.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 06:51
((I don't mind either way))
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 07:20
((yeah, good for me ))

Méaltha ran fast and quickly through the night. Her heart bounced in her chest. She loved adventure!

There she heard them, they made awful noises, real orc noises. They seemed to have fun, they were laughing...

Quickly she ran towards her campfire and grabbed her bag and her bow. Then she turned and began to run back to the ones with Gray.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2006 02:27
(OoC: I think that's a good idea, I'll get one up. And, yes, Sprite, I think that a little action is definitely a good thing.)

Kindan nodded in decisive response to the girl's question; he was slightly tired and sore, but he would be the same most days from sparring or simply just activity; this was normality for him. "I'm fine." He glanced around, counting silently. Me. Laerwen. Lothwing. Tinquendi. Mealtha. Gray. Six.
"How many are they?" he asked evenly, moving over to the fire to retrieve his brace of daggers and his sword. "Have they seen us, do you think?" he began to douse the fire.
I wish Glwirain and Eadan were here. But at the same time, I'm glad they're not. Six against a band of orcs...people only win fights like that in stories.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 02:18
Lothwing pulled out her bow and checked it for signs of weaknesses acquired from traveling.
"None," she said under her breath. "That's good."

"Have they seen us, do you think?" asked Kindan, beginning to put out the fire.

Lothwing swung herself up into a tree. From there she could glimpse the band of orcs- coming directly towards their camp.

"I think they saw us, they're coming straight to us!"
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 02:35
Kindan nodded. Expected, but not welcomed.
Six.
"Laerwen, Lothwing, Mealtha, Gray. Into the shadows. Fast. Tinquendi and I will stay here; come out when you hear us shout 'gray wolf.' Be ready to fight. How far away are they?" he asked rapidly.
"Zephyr," he added, "Under no circumstances are you to come out for us or to help us. If you can climb to another tree from that one without touching the ground, do it. They are sure to have trackers. Run through the trees if you have to run."
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 04:10
ooc- I think that an ooc-thread is a good idea!

ic- `All I wanted when I went to Rivendell was peace!' Tinquendi thought, nodding towards Kindan, but her body reminded her that, even if she did not like killing, she definitely liked fighting. "I'll stay up here, though, Kindan. Maybe I can shoot some arrows before they reach us. Then I will get down and fight on the ground." Tinquendi moved on the tree towards the fireplace as far as she dared, and then wistled sharply, but quietly for her horse. Her sword was still on the left side of her saddle, but it would not be of any use to her up here, even if it did not hinder her so much.
Then the wind turned a little and with it came the loud noises of the traveling orcs, quickly approaching them, and their smell...
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 07:04
Gray seemed ready to fight, Méaltha could almost feel it. It was like thousands of little hairs where tickling her mind and soul... She would be all right, she knew, with Gray on her side.

"Laerwen, Lothwing, Méaltha, Gray. Into the shadows. Fast." said Kindan.
"I'll climb in a tree at the other side of Lothwing's" she answered to Kindan. Then she shouted to Lothwing "Are you comfortable?... Let's kill some orcs today!" and swung herself up in a tree.
Méaltha did a little pray and felt the wind rustling at her ears, her heart began to bounce faster and she felt great.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 02:39
Lothwing nodded and offered a hand to Laerwen to pull her up into the tree. She readied her bow and pointed it towards where she thought the orcs would come out.

"Might as well kill them quick as we can," she muttered.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 07:17
Kindan nodded, sitting down, still and motionless, waiting for the orcs.
He was on his feet the instant the first orcs entered the clearing, light on his feet, handling the sword-one of Glwirain's best yet, he hadn't had an opportuinty to use it until now-with the practiced ease that came from long work.H
He saw the hail of arrows hiss softly through the night, and did not shout 'gray wolf.'
Not yet.
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2006 09:53
There they were!
Méaltha quickly readied her bow and tried to shoot one of them. They were so smelly, it was horrible.
They came right at the place Méaltha and Lothwing thought they would come. Their arrows pierced some orcs in the chest.
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 02:19
Lothwing whipped out arrow after arrow with practiced ease. A mortal would've been hampered by the angle and the tree, but she was in her element.

She waited for Kindan to call 'Gray wolf'. The orcs kept coming, a few sinking down with arrows in their chests, more falling under Kindan's blade. Tinquendi was still in a tree closer to the fight, loosing out arrows quickly and accurately.

tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2006 02:37
When the orcs came into sight Tinquendi was ready, shooting her arrows fast at the ones running towards the forest. The oncoming orcs were confused be the number of arrows flying at them, because they could only see Tinquendi. Finally she put down her bow next to her and jumped down to the ground, drawing her sword in an instant. Kindan was not far away, maybe 2 or 3 metres, but still a little too far for them to help each other. He did not call for the others yet, and it was not her task to do so, so she fought her way in Kindan's direction, until they were close enough to keep this filthy brute from the others back without hindering each other. She could only hope that the boy had climbed a little further away from the fight, but as always when she was fighting thoughts did not trouble her for long.
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2006 11:36
Kindan flashed a breathless grin at Tinquendi, grateful for her help, and sucked in great panting breaths as he continued to fight.
"Gray wolf!" The cry tore itself from his throat as a particularly large uruk inflicted a nasty gasp to his arm, adding another to the myriad of wounds he'd accquired; small ones, all, except for that. "Gray wolf!" Between himself and the three womens' arrows, they'd taken down a good dozen and a half; there was still at least a dozen more left to kill. Despite the chill air sweat beaded on his forehead, and sheened his skin; his footing was not terribly good and ripe for slipping. And slip he did, just barely rolling away from a merciless stab in time to avoid being impaled. It did not, however, prevent his side recieving a painful score. He shoved himself up mercilessly, but did not seek the fray; he killed only if they came to him.
"Gray wolf!"

[Edited on 13/3/2006 by Sillmarwen]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 27, 2006 12:22
Sillmarwen,

No one in Middle Earth had the kind of 'instant' healing powers your character appears to have, certainly not a Haradrim, half or otherwise. Even Lord Elrond, the greatest healer in Middle Earth, took many long long days to heal Frodo of his wounds from Amon Sûl. Aragorn took ages to heal Eowyn, Faramir and Merry, using herbs primarily. I really hate to say this, but sadly your character is going to have be edited and suffer his wounds and heal them herbs and bandages after the conflict like everyone else would have to do.

Please keep you character within the realm of Middle Earth from here on.

Thank you
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator.

[Edited on 27/2/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Ellesàdriël
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 03:17
'Oh no...' she whispered, when she heard her wolf howling from pain. Gray was hurt.
Méaltha immediately jumped out of her tree, ignoring the orcs who were trying to attack her from the back. She putt her bow on her back and took her knife from her belt.
She was like a mad man trying to get to Gray, trying to help him, but there were just too many orcs...

Then suddenly her anger gave her the strength to get further. 'Aaah..' she groaned and slashed an arm of an orc. Méaltha pushed them away. Her main concern was to reach Gray and to save him.
There he was... She could see his wounds, his shoulder was ripped apart and the fur on his paws were almost gone. He was bleeding a lot, but he was still fighting. Gray was still biting, with the strength of a young puppy.

She finally reached him. Méaltha was deeply breathing with her final strengths to get to Gray. And she covered him with her back, trying to save him for the attacks of the orcs.

Méaltha knew it... Gray knew it...
It was too late, they would die. They would be slaughtered by these filthy creatures of Mordor...
BunnyBliz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 02:08
The moment Lothwing heard Kindan shout "Grey wolf" she leapt out of her tree. She landed on an unlucky orc's head (luckily for her) and knocked him to the ground, leaving an opening for her trusty dirk.
She knew that the group had no hope. There were too many orcs, too few of them. Thoughts whirled quickly through her head as she methodically ducked and stabbed, ignoring the growing pain in her leg and her arm.

But what would happen to Zephyr? He was still a child- when the orcs were finished with them, they'd move on and discover him.

Lothwing gritted her teeth and set into the fight again.
tinquendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 02:39
They had killed so many orcs by now, but they still were outnumbered! Kindan was injured, Tinquendi was injured herself, but it was nothing serious, just a cut on her left arm. Suddenly Kindan reappeared, but he did not look too good. "Kindan! Come with me, we have to reach the trees and form a group with the others!" And, by doing so, she hopefully would get a chance to get on her horse- a well trained war-horse- and manage to confuse the orcs, who were starting to notice that they were having a good chance to win the fight...
Sillmarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 12:12
((Okay BE-Kindan lost his powers. They don't work anymore...sorry, I've got a bit of writer's block..))

Kindan followed Tinquendi grimly across the clearing, fighting their way towards the rest. The air rang with shouts. The earth vibrated. The smell of blood threatened to overwhelm them. White noise. Senses dulled. Focus only on survival.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 01:04
Zephyr notced Kindan and Tinquendi move across the clearing and climbed higher into the tree as the Orcs followed them.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email