Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
Post Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: June 28, 2006 11:07
Wæteráedre was standing on the castle balcony in Edoras, watching the Rohirrim from a distance. They were riding west, bearing down upon their enemies, trying to kill them before they caused too much trouble in Rohan. Wæteráedre often desired to ride with them, to be one of them.

Her father, King Brego, the second king of Rohan, forbid her to take part in any kind of fighting whatsoever. She longed to fight in battle, to feel the exhilaration of destroying evil forces. Her brother Baldor was the king’s favorite son, and he often rode into battle for the victory of Rohan.

Her two other brothers, Aldor and Eofor (Baldor and Aldor are older than she is, Eofor is younger) were in the armory at this moment, mastering their sword skills. She suddenly decided to do what she had longed to do for the past 17 years of her life. She decided to slip down to the armory and join them. (her nickname is Terá)

(this may seem like a warrior princess story, but i am welcome to guy RP's too, if you are interested - like ones for Brego, Baldor, Aldor, Eofor, and i need girl RP's for new characters)

[Edited on 6/29/2006 by Aravis17]
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: June 29, 2006 11:30
Lila was watching the battle from another balcony. Her twin brother, Lysel, was helping. She knew how to fight, being taught by her brother, but she was never allowed to join. The other men didn't think she could do it. Didn't think she could do it.

She sighed as she thought about how she used to fight with her brother if danger came their way before they ended up in Edoras. Now, she had to act like the perfect lady, with meant no fighting whatsoever.

Her white cat came over, jumped onto the railing and walked over toward her mistress. Cuddling up to her Snowball let her mistress know that she was here, and she knew that her mistress could take care of herself.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 12:19
The battle ended, and the remaining wildmen were slaughtered. As Baldor came out to congratulate the Rohirrim on their victory (he wasn't able to join them on this day), Tera slipped past him on her way downstairs to the armory, which was located near the dungeons. She felt her brother's arms catch her, and she knew she couldn't fight him.

"Tera, where are you headed?"
"The armory," she replied defiantly, deciding the truth wouldn't hurt.
"Why?"
"Because I want to practice my sword-fighting skills with you and Aldor and Eofor."
"What sword-fighting skills?" he asked, chuckling.
"You know, the actions you taught me when I was seven: chop, duck, slash, jump, thrust, parry..."
"Don't tell me... do you think that is all you need to know?"
"No... that's why I want you to teach me!"

Tera and her brothers were very close, and she knew he would give in. He nodded, and Tera ran to get her sword, Mor Alata (Dark Radiance) and decided to search for her best friend, Lady Lila, who would also be able to give her some pointers.

She entered her room, fetched her sheath and sword, fed her hunting falcon, Dur Faroth (Dark Hunter), and walked to Lila's quarters, since she was no fool to run with a sword in hand.

[Edited on 6/30/2006 by Aravis17]
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 01:38
(I hope this is ok.)

Jadawen sat in the armory sharpening her sword,she was waiting for someone she knew to show up,but she doubted that anyone would show.
"What are you doing?"Aidan her older brother asked as he sat down beside her.
"Sharpening my sword,and waiting."She said plainly
"Waiting for what?"He asked.
"Someone,anyone,who will practice with me.Would you practice with me?Your an Eolingas,teach me what you know!"Jada begged.
"I'm not sure if that would be a good idea"Aidan said not wanting to do teach her.
"Oh come on,you even said yourself that I need to learn how to defend myself better,besides I already know some stuff.It wouln't be hard for you at all.Please"
"Fine,I give in."Aidan said getting up to grab his sword.

[Edited on 29/6/2006 by Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 03:58
As Tera reached the armory, she noticed Baldor wasn't there yet. She was about to practice what she knew alone, when she noticed movement in the corner, near the furnace. She recognized the voice of her childhood friend, Jadawen, but the other voice was inrecognizable. Jada was asking this person to fence with her, since no one else was there. He was about to give in, when Tera interrupted.

"Hey, Jada!"
"Tera? It is you! I haven't seen you for months!"
"I'm waiting for my brother. He was going to teach me some new fencing techniques. Do you want to practice until he gets here?"

"Sure - My brother here doesn't seem to be able to decide if he wants me to learn how to better defend myself or not! Besides, when your brother arrives, he can teach us both! Unlike my brother." She glanced sideways at her brother, and Tera arranged herself into the beginning stance. They began to fence.
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 04:17
Lila walked into the armory she noticed that Tera and Jade were prepared to fight. She stood over beside Jade's brother and watched. She didn't say anything. She wasn't really the type to speak to someone unless they were speaking to her.

She watched, waited, and memorized their moves. That was how she was. She waited and watched her oppant in all the other battles before hers then she has an easier time beating them.

Suddenly Lysel walked in and saw his sister. He walked over to her and smiled. Then he handed her Ithildin (star-moon), her sword. He, too, leaned against the wall and watched carefully.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 10:37
Tera hadn't seen Jadawen in two years. She thought is was because Jada didn't have time for her anymore. Maybe it had been for the best. They had known each other since they were five years old, after all.

When they were twelve, Tera had met Lila. No one really knew Lila's past, but Tera didn't mind. She liked having a new friend. Lila had spent time with Tera and Jada for three years, but then Jada suddenly disappeared, and no one knew where she had gone. Lila remained Tera's friend, for which Tera was glad, for Lila was now her only friend, besides her brothers.

But today, Tera was so overjoyed to see Jada again, she didn't really care where Jada had gone, she was just glad she was back. As they fenced, she noticed Lila enter the armory. She had told Lila to meet her there, but she didn't want to stop fencing. She decided to fence for a few more moments, then she broke away and went over to Lila to talk. Jada recognized Lila, but she paused.

[Edited on 6/30/2006 by Aravis17]
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 01:01
Lila was in a conversation with her brother when Tera came over. They started talking a bit when Lila noticed that Jade hadn't come over. She turned to look at her and smiled.
"Come on Jade. Surely you're not planning on standing there without saying anything to me."
Lysel tried not to laugh at his sister's attempts to either make Jade laugh or at least speak to her.
"I mean, come on. How long have we known each other? At least around five years maybe?"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 04:10
Tera was upset that her two best friends were not saying anything. At least Lila was making an attempt. What was wrong? Lila had moved to Edoras when she was twelve, but no one had any idea where from, and Jada had disappeared for years. What was going on? Tera longed to discover the truth behind these questions.

"Jada, what's wrong? You remember Lila, right? We met her when we were twelve, we fenced together, rode our horses, do you not remember? You've known her for five years, counting the two that you were gone. Where did you go anyway?"

"And, Lila? This has been on my mind since the day we met. What happened that caused you to move here? I am glad that you did, but where did you come from?"

She hoped they would answer. Tera had known Jada for ten years (not counting the two years she was gone), and had known Lila for five years. Lila and Jada knew each other for three years, not counting the two lost years. They all knew each other well enough to say what the other was thinking, yet, Jada was speechless, and Tera had no idea why.
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 04:08
Lila sighed as she heard Tera ask the one question that Lysel and herself hoped that she wouldn't ask. It was one of those painful things they didn't like to think about, much less talk about it. She looked over to her brother, trying to get his opinion. He nodded his head slowly, letting his twin know that it was ok to tell her.

"Well, when Lysel and I were about five our mother died. That was also when we learned that our real mother died after we were born. Our father thought that we were old enough to know the true." Lila took a deep breath.

"A few years later our father began to hit Lila a lot. A few times she was in bed for weeks on end, it was so bad. I didn't know what to do. Our father was apart of the Gondor army and everyone in Minas Tirith trusted him." Lysel paused as he noticed his sister had her head bowed.

"I came home late one night and found him beating her, hard. We had just turned eleven the day before. He was drunk, apparently. I picked up my sword and held it at his chest. He left her alone long enough for her to slowly make her way behind me."

"A few of the soliders heard some kind of commotion going on and came to see what was wrong. That was when they saw our father lunge at Lysel with his dagger. He missed, fell to the floor with his dagger pointing toward him. It went straight through his heart." Lila stopped talking and leaned agaisnt her brother once he placed his arm around her shoulders.

"The soliders saw how beat up Lila was and they took us to the healers. It took them a long time to slowly heal the more harmless ones. By the time she was healed enough we didn't want to stay anymore so we left. By the time we figured out where we wanted to go we ended up here. We had just turned twelve."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 03:58
"Lila, I'm sorry. That must have been horrible. Now I know why you didn't want to tell anyone about your past. You wanted to start over new, and forget what had happened." Tera turned to Jada, about to reask her where she had been those two years, but tears were slowly dripping down her face.

"Jada, are you alright?" Tera was concerned now. Jada froze for a moment, and then fled the room. Tera looked at Lila and they ran after her, Lysel and Aidan behind them. They ran into Baldor in the corridor, who saw Jada run by. He stopped them, before they could go any further.

"Tera, I thought you wanted me to teach you more techniques in the armory."
"I did, I do, I... do you remember Jada?"
"Yes... she just ran past."
"Well, Lila and I haven't seen her in two years, and Lila just told us where she came from, and now Jada is in tears, and we don't know why."
" I don't think all of you should go at once, if any of you go. You should leave her alone for a few moments, then her brother should go talk to to her. Shouldn't you, Aidan?"

Baldor clasped his hand on Aidan's shoulder. They had been friends as long as Tera and Jada had been. They talked for a few minutes, then Aidan left to find his sister. Baldor led Tera, Lila, and Lysel back to the armory to continue fencing, as if nothing had happened.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 04:56
((joining as Baldor))

Baldor lead the now restless group back to the armoury, glancing to his younger sister: he wasn't entirely sure what had just happened, but knew it was too big of a situation to explain in summary.

"Pick a practice sword," he gestured to his younger sister. "It's no use blunting yours for beginner's practice."

"I'm not a beginner!" Tera spoke up in protest.

"As far battle is concerned, you are...Not that I want you to join any anytime soon," he added quickly: his sister had a way of putting words in his mouth. "You're going to have to learn fighting with a broadsword--no more of this light play."

Tera selected a suitable blade, blunted for practice.

"Now," Baldor began, seeing the others on the sidelines, "You have an audience, so watch what you're doing." With a smile, "I'm sure Lysel will tell you if you botch it up. Hold the sword with both hands above your head--that's right, just like that. It's easier to block that way." He had an off way of teasing--only his friends could tell when he was joking; "This isn't Gondorian nobility training."
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 03:48
Lysel smirked at that and watched. Lila was alittle drained after having to resee what happened all those years ago. She shook her head and looked at the other brother/sister swordsmanship class going on.

It was always fun to watch Tera try to fight with a sword. But Lila was a good friend and showed her a few things that even Baldor or Lysel didn't even know she could do.

"Your brother's right, Tera. So you better try to impress him."

Lila gave her friend that smile that only Tera could decode as something around 'show him a move or two he doesn't know'. She nodded her head and waited for the show, if it came.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 07:26
Tera nodded at Lila and began. She acted as if she were going to chop at Baldor's head, then, as he ducked, she changed her stance to slash at his legs. Since this was only practice, not a battle, she did not collide with enough force to hurt him, but it was hard enough to make him fall back. He landed hard on his thigh, winced, and said, "Well, Tera, I underestimated you. You may not know many techniques, but you are clever and coniving, I'll give you that."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 01:36
(sorry guys,i would have posted sonner,but i've been on a trip)

When Tera and Lila asked the questions,why she had beed gone and why she wasen't talking,it brought up her past and of what happened to her,she couln't bear to think of it,and she started crying and she ran,trying to get away,from the momories.She heard the others run after her and she ran past Baldor.
She ran into the stables,looking for a place to hide.

She heard footsteps approching.Then Aidan sat down by her.

"How did you find me?"
"You always come her when your upset."
"oh"
"Why are you upset now?"
"They asked where i had been the last two years and it brought up the memories and i couldn't handle them.They don't think i'm mad at them,do they?"
"I don't think so.But I think you should go and tell them,there your best friends."
"Your right"

Jada got up and started walking back to the armory.When she walked in Tera and her brother where fencing.So she just stood at the side and waited till they were done.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 01:52
Tera noticed Jada return to the armory, and pushed her brother away into the wall, where he tripped and landed on his butt once again.
"Jada, are you okay? What happened? Why did you run out of here?"

Lila rose to stand beside Tera and put her arms around them both.
"We are tied by friendship, Jada. We are always going to be here. And I certainly won't abandon you, no matter what happens. What is wrong?"
"Lila is right. And if you would prefer not to talk about it, we have plenty of swords to practice with. You should have seen me push Baldor down!" Jada smiled weakly, and...
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 07:16
She decided that she better tell them.

"Um if you still want to know why I was gone the last two years i'll tell you,but i'd prefer if it was just us three."
So Jada lead them out of the armory.

Jada sighed.
"OK how do I say this....well I killed a man from here,he was one of the soldiers,He atacked me and so I killed him,after that I fled.I was in Rivendell,I hid there.I basically became a elf for those two years,I learned elvish and talked like them and dressed like them.And well thats what happened to me...I hope you guys didn't think i had abandoned you."Jada said barley above a whisper.

[Edited on 6/7/2006 by Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2006 02:28
Baldor respected the three women's need for privacy. Watching them go, he glanced to Lysel. "Well, Lysel, how about it? I hear you've grown to be a great swordsman!"

He threw a practice sword towards the man, offering a friendly smile.
Reiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2006 02:31
Lysel looked at Baldor and smirked as he caught the sword with ease. "Well, I guess I could. Maybe my sister will learn a new move or two when they get back."

~~~
Lila nodded her head and went to hug her friend.
"It's ok, Jada. You know that we're here for you no matter what."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 12:11
A FEW DAYS LATER -

Everyone was in the armory today. Tera was practicing with Lila, Jada was practicing with Aidan, Lysel was practicing with Baldor, and Eofor and Aldor, who had finally decided to join, were practicing. Tera was becoming increasingly better than her brothers, as her new skills were collaborated with her clever tactics. When she quickly switched between moves while her opponent prepared to block the one they saw coming, she had the upper hand. Baldor told her she was ready for battle, but didn't want her to join the Rohirrim, because he knew their father would have a heart attack if he knew she was fighting. Brego did not approve of women fighting. But Tera would show him.

THAT EVENING -

Tera went to Lila's room, and Jada arrived soon after.
"Lila, Jada, I am going to join the Rohirrim! Are you with me?"
"Of course!! But how are you going to do that? Your father would never allow it!" Jada exclaimed.
"I am going to cut my hair, and go to the king as a new rider. At the opportune moment, after i prove i can fight, i will tell him who i am."
"Can we come with you?" Lila asked.
"Of course!! Why did i just ask you to?"
"Then let us prepare for the adventure!!" Lila exclaimed.
"Shhh. Lila, you don't want my father to find us out before we even begin," Tera whispered.

[Edited on 7/19/2006 by Aravis17]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 01:10
Walking past his sister's room, Baldor caught the tail end of the conversation--she'd left the door open. Tera wasn't ever that good at secrets.

Baldor approached, brushing the door open slightly and leaning on the door frame. "Don't want father to find what?"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 01:35
"Don't want father to find out what?"

Tera froze when she heard her brother's question.
"Hi Baldor!! What are you doing here?" she asked him in a sweet voice, trying to mask the conversation.
"Oh, we don't want Tera's father to find out that we are practicing fencing in the armory!" Lila covered for Tera's hesitation.
"Okay, well, be careful...our father is stalking the corridor."
"Okay, well, can you leave us alone now, Baldor?"
"Okay...why?"
"Because we are talking and it doesn't concern you. Why don't you go practice with Aldor and Eofor in the armory now?"
"Fine...but I really don't need to practice."

[Edited on 7/21/2006 by Aravis17]
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 09:20
Jada sighed"That was close!"
"When do you plan on doing this?And do Lila and I need to cut our hair?Or would your father not mind us joining?"Jada asked.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 04:21
"I plan on doing this right this second. And yes, you two need to cut your hair, I told you, Father doesn't approve of women fighters."

They cut their hair, and Tera led them out. They snuck down the hall, careful to try and avoid Brego. But they bumped into a servant along the way.

Tera covered the servant's mouth and pushed her against the wall. "Shhhh. I'm sneaking out of the castle, and you had better not mention it to anyone!" Then she realized who it was.

"Tera, don't you remember who I am? I have snuck you out of here time and time again! You know your handmaiden, don't you? Do you even remember my name?"

[Edited on 7/24/2006 by Aravis17]
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 11:48
(Joining as Eofor)

Eofor was returning to his bedchamber from the armory, where he had been practicing his sword skills with his older brother, Baldor. The torches cast long shadows in the corridor. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of a shadow moving stealthily into a side passage on the right, followed by the soft sound of a door closing. Moved by curiosity, he turned into the opening to investigate. Opening the door, he tiptoed down the side passage and turned a corner. What he saw next shocked him: he saw three women, one of which was his sister, their long hair cut off, donning armor and sheathing long swords. He checked the exclamation on his lips, and, inspired by his sister's idea, hurried quietly back to the armory to fetch his sword.
Legolass_Leading_Lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 03:08
Tera looked at her with a dumbstruck look on her face.
"Tera. It is me, Arabella."
"Arabella! I haven't seen you in such a long time that i forgot who you were. I need you to do us a favor", Tera said to her once she realized who she was.
"Anything for a longtime friend", Arabella replied.
"We are trying to join the Rohirrim, but nobody can know of it. We need you to show us a secret passage to lead us out of the castle."
"Alright, follow me", Arabella said as she led then down a secret passage located behind the wall.

I hope this was alright!

[Edited on 24/7/2006 by Legolass_Leading_Lady]

[Edited on 24/7/2006 by Legolass_Leading_Lady]

[Edited on 26/7/2006 by Legolass_Leading_Lady]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 05:25
Baldor was not entirely deceived by his sister's deception: he'd mentioned the incident to Eofer. When he and his brother finished practicing in the armoury, Eofer left, and Baldor remained for several more minutes, parrying air--some would say he liked fighting too much. He considered it healthy interest.

Suddenly the door at the end of the armoury flew open, and Eofer burst through.

Instantly Baldor whirled, and seeing his brother's face asked, "What's going on?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 07:40
"Diore look!!!" Hilderinc shouted from the doorway."What is it?" Diore asked. "Wildmen! They're coming to attack!" Hilderinc said. "Well what are you waiting for,get your armour and get out there!" Diore said. Hilderinc quickly prepared."Heres your horse.Be careful." Diore said as she handed him the reins of his horse. "Thanks,I'll be fine." Hilderinc said as he mounted. Diore watched him ride away with many other men. She walked back in the house,she wondered if he would come back. She looked out the window and saw the King and princes ride out also. "I wish I could help,but I know nothing of sword play." Diore said sadly. She heard the horrible sounds of war all that day.

When night fell the riders came back victorious. Diore wrapped her arms around Hilderincs neck and hugged him. "I was so worried about you,I thought you would never make it!" Diore said. "You worry so much Diore,you must relax!" Hilderinc said with a laugh. Diore blushed slightly. "Well maybe I wouldn't be so worried if you would teach me how to use a sword." Diore suggested. "Why?" Hilderinc asked. "So that I know that I could protect myself." Diore said. Hilderinc nodded and they both walked to the stables.

(hope thats alright!)

[Edited on 10/8/2006 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 11:08
(in a way, this is a joint post with Legolass_Leading_Lady, Jadawen_Lady_of_Rohan, and Reiya)

Tera, Jada, and Lila followed Ara out of the castle and into the stables. They mounted their horses, and waited for the Rohirrim to ride up to the castle. They inconspicuously joined the end of the group, and followed them into the castle. Ara was still in the stables, grooming the horses as if she was oblivious to anything outside. Tera came up to the king during the victory celebration, and introduced herself.

"Good day, Highness. My name is Leo. This is Sigor and this is Wulf. We have come to join the Rohirrim," Tera said, pointing at Jada and Lila.
"Do you know how to fight?"
"Yes, Highness."
"Then welcome!" As the three of them went off to join the celebration, Lila hissed in Tera's ear, "Wulf? Wulf? I don't understand how those names entered your head so quickly, but why must I be Wulf?"
"Lila, just cooperate. You want to be an Eorlingas, right?"
"Yes."
"Then except it."
"Tera?" a small voice whispered in her ear. Tera jumped and whirled around to find Ara standing there, with her hair cut off.
"Ara, what are you doing?"
"Helping you. And now my name is..."

[Edited on 7/25/2006 by Aravis17]
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 04:10
Eofor wasn't expecting his brother to still be in the armory.

"Nothing," he replied calmly. "Want to practice?"

"Sure!" replied Baldor. They selected their practice swords and began to fence. Baldor aimed a blow at Eofor's legs; Eofor parried it nicely. Then Baldor lifted his sword and aimed several quick strokes at the boy's chest and head, all of which the 16-year-old defended against. Then Eofor feigned a slash at Baldor's waist, changed his stance, and quickly hit him on the shoulder with the flat of the blade (so as not to hurt him). Baldor recovered too late, and once more found himself on his butt. [O.O.C.]Poor Baldor! He's always getting kicked around...[/O.O.C.]

"Ow!" exclaimed Baldor. "It seems I've underestimated you too." He got up, and the two fought for a while longer, until Baldor stopped suddenly, and said he had a few things to do and it was getting late.

Eofor waited a few minutes after Baldor had gone, slashing a few strokes at the thin air, and then he quickly disguised himself as a Rider of Rohan. He put on armor, a long green cloak, and a helmet. Then he grabbed his own real sword and slipped out into the night.

He went to the stables and found himself a horse that no one owned. Mounting up, he rode up to the king's chamber.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2006 07:54
"Sigor?Hmm I like the sound of that!"Jada said to Tera.
"And Wulf?Well it suits you well Lila."Jada said nudging Lila trying not to laugh.

Then Jada saw Tera turn around quickly,then Jada turned to find the girl Ara,the one who had helped them before standing before them with her haid cut off and her sword.
"Odd"Jada thought"I guess she wants to join too."
Legolass_Leading_Lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 01:50
"Helping you. And now my name is Beorn," Ara said with a pleading look on her face. Tera agreed to let her join as well and they all began to drink to the victory the Rohirrim had won. They were just about to retire to their rooms when the alarm sounded.
"This is our chance!" Ara said as they ran out to the stables. They mounted their horses and joined the Rohirrim in their first battle as part of the Rohirrim.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2006 02:27
The wildmen were attacking a town on the other side of Rohan. Leo, Sigor, Wulf, and Beorn (as Tera, Jada, Lila, and Ara were now called) rode with the Rohirrim to answer the attack. It took the entire day to reach the other side of Rohan. When they arrived, most of the village was burned, and the wildmen were moving to another. The Rohirrim were outnumbered, barely. They fought their hardest, and many of them were injured.

"How many did you kill?" asked Leo/Tera.
"Ten," answered Jada/Sigor.
"Nine," answered Lila/Wulf.
"Eleven," answered Ara/Beorn.
"I killed fifteen," Tera said, slightly boasting. But then she noticed how many of the Eorlingas were on the ground, dead or injured.
"Lila, we must go help them! We were trained in healing for the while that Jada was gone, remeber? Sorry Sigor," Tera said, noticing an Eorlingas passing by, "But we had gotten to the age where the palace healers thought we were ready to learn, and you weren't there," Tera apologized.

She went to the first man, who had an knife protruding out of his arm. She yanked it out, and ignored the man yelling at her to leave it, and let him die.
"With an arm wound like that, you won't die. You will be in pain for months, then it will fester, and you will become sick. It is best to help you now," she explained as she ripped some of the fabric off of the bottom of her leggings, and wrapped it around his arm to stop the flow of bleeding. She looked around, and noticed Lila doing something similar with another man's leg.

"I thought they only taught women how to heal," said one of the unharmed Eorlingas as he was passing by, helping drag the dead to a pile in the distance.
"We were taught how to heal by the village healer when she found that we wanted to join the Rohirrim," Tera/Leo explained, "She wanted us to be prepared." Tera thought this was a pretty good lie, since she came up with it right on the spot, and that part of it was the truth.
"hmph..." he said, and continued dragging the dead man to the pile of carcasses.

Tera looked into the distance, searching for whom else needed her curing.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 08:15
Jada cleaned her sword.
"Just because I was gone does not mean I didn't learn something.Remember I was with the Elves.I leaned some healing from them."Jada/Sigor said as she went over to Leo/Tera and got a bag out.

"Here put this on his wound before you wrap it.It's an Elven herb,it will numb the pain and help it heal faster."Jada/Sigor said as she gave some to Leo/Tera then went over to Lila/Wulf and gave her some.

"Do you know anything about healing Beorn?"Jada/Sigor asked."Oh and i'm Jada.I don't think i've ever met you."
Legolass_Leading_Lady
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 01:48
"I think I have seen you around the palace a few times, but I don't think we have met. And yes I do know a fair amount about healing," Ara/Beorn said in answer to Jada/Sigor's question. Jada/Sigor gave Ara/Beorn an Elven herb and than left to tend to an injured man. Ara/Beorn took the herb and began to heal an man who had a deep wound in his arm. After about four hours, all of the injured men were on their way to recovery. Once all of the remaining Rohirrim had mounted their horses Leo, Wulf, Sigor and Beorn rode back to the castle with the Rohirrim men.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email