Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: August 21, 2006 05:27
"Thank you so much Aldor. I never thought I'd learn..."
Aldor looked at her curiously...why had she stopped talking?
"Diore? are you alright?" He asked, coming up behing her. She seemed sad, so he put a hand on her shoulder.
"Do not worry, he would be proud of you." He said, taking a guess at her thoughts.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 08:23
Diore smiled. "Thank you." Diore said. Then she pointed her wooden sword at him. "Shall we continue?" Diore asked, she had a sly smile on her face. She practiced for the rest of the day.
That night she could barely sleep because she was so excited about learning swordmanship. She fell asleep dreaming about fighting beside the greatest warrior. Then she suddenly woke out of her dream. She felt sweat droplets on her forehead. "It was only a dream." Diore convinced herself. She had had a nightmare about losing her friends to a horrible battle. "It will not happen!" Diore said as she laid back down.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 08:53
"And does that surprise you Jada?"

Jada glared at him,he had to much fun teasing her.

Jada stayed there the rest of the day watching them practice.Diore was getting good.If Jada didn't get well soon,Diore wouln't need Jada to teach her.

After they had finished the lesson Jada went up to her room and sat there reading.She had just put down her book when she heard something.It was a rustling outside her window.
"Who's out there?"She asked.There was no answer.
She reached under her bed for her sword,It wasen't there.She cursed in elvish.She had remembered that Aldor had taken it,and that it was still being cleaned.
She looked around franticly for a weapon,she remembered that there was a dagger in the drawer of her nightstand.She opened the drawer as quietly as she could and grabbed the dagger.She heard the noise again.
"Who's there?"She demanded.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:11
Aldor practiced the rest of the day with Diore. She was a fast learner, he had determined, and had controlled her anger well. Later that night he had redressed the wonds he had received not two days ago. He sighed, they still hurt him.
For a long time Aldor sat on his window, looking out over Rohan. He could not sleep, nor could he think. So he went out seeking Jada, if she could turn to him, perhaps he could be brave enough to turn to her.
"Who's there?"
Aldor stuck his head in through the door to see an armed Jada, "Relax, it is just me, Aldor. May I come in please? I can not sleep."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 06:38
As Aldor stuck his head in,he looked surprised,he probably wasen't exspecting her to be armed.But Jada was relieved that it was only Aldor.

"Aldor. May I come in please? I can not sleep."

"Oh yes.Come in."Jada said as she looked at the dagger and smiled then put it away.
"I can't sleep either.It must have been all the sleep I got when I was un-concise."

Jada looked at Aldor,he had a worried look on his face.

"Is something wrong?"She asked
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 06:06
"Perhaps it is just a feeling...but it is keeping me awake. I can't help but feel restless, like...like there is an important ceramony and I'm ready several hours before everyone. Waiting was never my strong suit." He shook his head, sitting beside Jada.
"I can't help but feel that something is going to happen, for good or ill...I can't exactly answer that. I don't know..."
He growled slightly, got up and started to pace around the room. "This is very frustrating!" He exclaimed.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 06:20
Jada sat there thinking for a moment.She wasen't sure what to say.

"I've had that feeling before,but it was long ago"She paused before she continued."But it also was before an important ceremony.So i have an excuse."Jada said trying to lighten up the subject.She had absolutely no idea what to tell him.

"But if something does happen,i'm sure it wouln't be to bad."

"Is there any way I can help?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 07:00
"Is there any way I can help?"
"I...I don't think so..." Aldor stopped pacing and stood for a moment starring at his feet.
"It is just very frustrating, and I have never been able to deal with waiting for any length of time." He sighed and moved over to the window.
Aldor looked out over Rohan. His home, his very life was connected to this land. But he could find no peace.
"Jada...um...why don't you join me for a ride. I doubt I will get much more sleep this night. So how about it?" He asked calmly, the tiredness in his voice barely noticable.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 07:19
"Alright.It sounds fun."She said as she got up.I just want to change and i'll meet you at the stables."She said as she pushed Aldor out the door.

When she was ready she ran down to the stable.Aldor was already there,readying his horse.
Jada got her horse saddled and bridled and soon they were off.They rode out past the gates of Edorus.

"It's such a beautiful night."Jada said as she stared up at the stars.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 07:58
"Indeed it is." Aldor said. He was already starting to unwind. The tension vanishing as the horse picked up speed.
He grinned, urging the horse to jump a nearby ditch. The horse aquiested to his request.
"Thank you for jooining me...I fear that I should have been quite lonely without anyone but my horse."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 09:06
Diore woke to the sound of horses running across the fields of Rohan. She stood up and look out the window. "Where are they going?" Diore wondered. She still recalled the horrible dream she had. "I will not let my friends die." Diore said determindly. She quickly dressed and went to the stables to get her horse. She mounted Darkfire and rode after them. "Wait for me!" Diore called. They began to slow down so she could catch up. "I had a horrible dream that you were all killed by a creature with a shadowed face, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I don't want to lose anyone else." Diore said as she rode at a steady pace beside them.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 09:30
"Your welcome.Anything for a friend."Jada said as she smiled at Aldor.
She heard someone ride up behind them,she turned her head to find Diore riding up to them.

"I had a horrible dream that you were all killed by a creature with a shadowed face, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I don't want to lose anyone else."

"Night changes many things."Jada said reassuring her friend."It was only a dream."

They rode on,soon they had entered a territory that was unfamiliar to Jada."Where are we?"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 12:14
Tera was in the stables, brushing her horse, Glinaglar, when she saw Jada, Diore, and Aldor ride out into the night.
What is my brother doing with them? she asked herself. Is he falling for one of them? Are they going somewhere private to practice fighting? What happened to letting me know things? I was the one who got Jada into the Eorlingas, and we are both getting Diore in. But where are they going? Her mind was racing, and she had no time to think. She mounted Glinaglar, and rode sleathily after them. But she ran into someone before she even left the stables.

[Edited on 8/22/2006 by Aravis17]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 04:51
."Where are we?"
Aldor looked about them. The land looked little different from the rest of Rohan, but it had a darker feel to it.
"We are not to far from where we were..." he looked back...he could not see Edoras anymore.
"Perhaps...though, we might wish to turn back now." He felt as if he was being watched, he didn't like it one bit.

OOC: I'm unfortunetly leaving you for four to five days. Could either Jadawen, r Aravis17 talk over Aldor for me until I return?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:27
"You're right Aldor. Lets go back." Diore said, she was ill at ease. She turned her horse around, but she heard something. "hurry! We got to get out of here!" Diore said urgently. She spurred Darkfire to a gallop and charged across the plains. She heard something behind them, but she couldn't see it, she only made out a figure, but even then she could not tell what it was.

(You decide what the creature is.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:27
"You're right Aldor. Lets go back." Diore said, she was ill at ease. She turned her horse around, but she heard something. "hurry! We got to get out of here!" Diore said urgently. She spurred Darkfire to a gallop and charged across the plains. She heard something behind them, but she couldn't see it, she only made out a figure, but even then she could not tell what it was.

(You decide what the creature is.)
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 02:45
Tera finally made it around her obstacle, not caring whether it was an animal, human, or haystack. She urged Ginaglar into a jump, then cantered away from the thing. She rode for about two miles when she saw Diore and Aldor headed back in her direction, Jada behind them. She made out something behind them, that looked large, but not an animal of any kind. Or maybe it was. She couldn't tell. But she rode towards them as they rode towards her, but she kept going after they past her. She knew they must have thought she was crazy running towards something that they all knew was dangerous, but that was Tera. Danger excited her. And curiousity invigorated her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 05:44
OOC: Wow! I guess I didn't have to worry about falling behind here. Well, I'm back!

IC: Aldor turned his horse around, a low growl came from nearby. His horse's ears went flat against her skull. Aldor went to draw his sword, then remembered that he had left it in his room.
Out of the gloom the skulking figure of a man came out. A Southron! The man held his spear, pointing it at the group meanacingly.
"Come with us, and we won't hurt you." He said in thickly accented Rohirric.
The rest of his band came out of the shadows, weapons drawn and ready.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 06:51
"This isen't good"Jada thought to herself.As far as she knew none of them had there wepons,maybe Tera but thats only one against however many Southroners there were.

"What do we do?"Jada asked the group.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 06:06
Aldor looked around at this hopeless situation. They were trapped! He should never have suggested to go riding...especially after such dark times. Aldor thought furiously...he had little time to spare...think...think...surrender was not an option...
"What do we do?"
Aldor looked up, resolve in his eyes, he looked at Jada and said one word..."Run!"
As he said this Aldor spurred on his steed, snatching up the spear from the leader's grasp. He sliced the head of the leader clean off, then charged into the Southron's confused band.
"RUN!!! Jada, got out of here!!! Run!!!" He shouted, as the group began to overwhelm him. This was the only way to get them out of there in one peice. He prayed that she would listen.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 08:09
"RUN!!! Jada, got out of here!!! Run!!!"

She didn't know what to do.Should she run or go after Aldor and help him?Her mind was racing.What should she do,what could she do?
Finally she made up her mind,She couln't lose him,after losing her brother
She looked around for a weapon,She saw a spear lying on the ground,no one was by it so she rode over to it and got off her horse and grabbed it,right before she got on her horse something grabbed her around the back of her neck.
"I'll have fun killing you"Said a voice into her ear.
"Not if I kill you first"Jada said as she shoved the spear into his stoumack.She looked around where were Aldor,Tera and Diore?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 11:20
Diore still raced across the field. She wanted to find help and warn the people of Rohan about a sudden attack from Southrons.
When she arrived at the gates of Edoras she called up to one of the guards. "Southrons are attacking! Get help!" Diore cried. The guard rushed away. Diore waited for more men to come so she could lead them to the fight. When the men were all saddled and ready to go she spurred her horse forward and raced back to Aldor and Jada.

She heard loud crys. "I hope I'm not too late!" Diore thought.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 10:36
Tera whirled around to kill another Southroner. Her best friend, older brother, their aprentice, and her against all of these Southroners? How could they survive? Tera had a feeling that Jada and Aldor had feelings for one another, and how would they realize that if they were killed? Tera hacked down another man. She heard a horn in the distance and saw the Eorlingas riding out towards them.

How could I have been so careless? she thought. If I hadn't run past them, if I hadn't been curious, they wouldn't have felt the need to protect me. And we wouldn't be in this mess. But if we hadn't attacked them, they would have reached Rohan and attacked half of Edoras. So we were protecting the city and saved Rohan by attacking the Southrons! With this new realization and enthusiasm, she continued hacking her enemy.

[Edited on 8/29/2006 by Aravis17]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 11:15
Aldor used the spear he had picked up to the best of his ability, and he was good. His horse's hooves flashed and got spattered with gore and blood as the cracked down on the skulls of the Southrons. Aldor fought like a devil.
But it was not enough. He was aware that others had joined the battle, but he could not see them. Another spear butted him in the gut, and without his armour his doubled over at the force of the blow. Another blow rained in on his head. He collapsed off of his horse with narry a sound. But was still concious. The southrons laughed, and started to attack him witht he flats of their weapons...anything blunt. Aldor couldn't fight them off. He could barely breathe. His horse was entrapped by the southrons. It reared and bucked maddly. And all Aldor could do was curl up and hope the pain would end. He hoped that Jada had listened to him and fled...but she probably hadn't he thought with an inward smile. He felt his conciousness starting to slip, but he fought back. If he did then he would probably die. And he would NOT give in so easily. He leapt up, startling his attackers, and started attacking them with hand and fist. He couldn't hold this up for long, and before he knew it he was back on the ground again. A man held a spear above his chest. Aldor closed his eyes...

[Edited on 29/8/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 12:12
Jada was now looking around frantically,while killing off more of the men.She could hear the horns of Rohan.Help was comming.But how long would it be before they got here.
Jada finally spotted Aldor,he was surounded by the enemy,he had a spear to him and the man was about to stab him.He couln't die,Jada made up her mind,she kicked her horse in the ribs and she started running wildly.Jada made a swift movment with her sword at the man and killed him.Jada killed a few more then reached her hand out to Aldor.So he could ride with her.If he stayed on the ground he'd die.
"Come on!"She yelled.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 12:25
Aldor waited for the pain of the spear's blow that would surely come. But it did not...he looked up, tentavely opening his eyes. Jada!
"Come on!"
Aldor didn't ask questions, he grasped her outstreatched hand, and with her help pulled himself up behind her. He wistled loudly, his own horse broke free. Galloping away from the battle. He knew that she would be near.
"Is help on the way?" He asked breathlessly, his chest burned, he had probably gained a few broken or cracked ribs. "I'm afraid I lost track of what happened..." He trailled off, struggling to keep his eyes open and failing as he slipped into the uncouncious realm.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 12:41
Jada was about to anwser him when she looked back and saw that he was uncouncious.
"Great!"She said then she rode up to Tera"I'm taking Aldor back to Edoras."She said as she rode off.Aldors horse came running up beside her,She knew that the horse would follow her back to the stables.She got through the gates,and she spotted two gaurds.
"You,guard.Come help me!"She said as she got off her horse and the guards grabbed Aldor.
"Take him to the healers"Jada said as she grabbed Aldors horse and and took the horses to the stables.
She went up to the healers to ask how Aldor was.
"He should be fine"The healers said.
Jada looked out the window,the battle was slowing down.She hoped that Tera and Diore were still alive.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 06:00
Aldor didn't remain unconcious for very long. His head was sore, and he could feel the bruses caused by the attack. He opened his eyes...Jada was there with him, by the window. He grinned inwardly, she was to stubborn for her own good!
"You know, I think that the healers here have done a good job...why do you stay? You would give up the battle to make sure that I was alright." It was not a question, but neither was it offensive or defensive. He was genuinly curious.
"Where are the others?" He asked proping himself up on his elbows.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 07:58
Jada turned her head and smiled.Aldor was up.

why do you stay? You would give up the battle to make sure that I was alright.

Jada turned back to the window,she was blushing,and she didn't want Aldor to see it.She turned back to Aldor.
"I wasen't going to let someone esle in my life die."

"Where are the others?"

"Their still in battle I think.But I assume that it is almost over.They should be comming back soon.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 08:32
Aldor nodded in understanding.
"It is good to hear you say that. I feared that I was going to be forgotten...but that's just my melodramatic attitude there." Aldor paused, "I hope the others come back in one peice...I don't wish to see anyone hurt...I'm sorry I asked you to go riding. None of this would have happened if I hadn't wanted to go so badly." He sat up in the bed, swinging his legs over the side. He did not stand though.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 08:56
Diore walked down the hall quickly. She had heard that Aldor had been injured and wanted to see if he was alright. "Aldor?" Diore said as she stepped into the room. "Are you alright?" Diore asked.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 09:39
I'm sorry I asked you to go riding. None of this would have happened if I hadn't wanted to go so badly.

"No,Aldor don't say your sorry.If we wouln't have gone out riding,we would be fighting them now,inside the gates of Edoras.It's better that we found them out there."

Then Diore walked in,Jada smiled,glad to see that one of her friends were ok.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 12:54
"I'm glad you're alright Aldor, and Jada." Diore said. Then she stepped back out. She went outside and practiced her sword skills again. She laughed at her wooden opponet. "You have failed servant of Sauron!" Diore laughed, she enjoyed being a warrior. After a short time she went to the stables to make sure Darkfire was alright. He had been weary from his long charge. She gently spoke to him as she brushed his mane. "You are a strong horse Darkfire. You will carry me to battle someday." Diore said. "My career has already began." Diore said. She wondered what they would have to fight next.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 04:14
Aldor smiled, Diore was learning quickly. But perhaps she was to eager for battle, as she went out to practice. Aldor stood, walking over to where Jada stood.
"You will have to help me keep an eye on her." he said, he rubbed his clean-shaven jaw, it was quite sore from his 'battle'.
"I fear that she is to eager to fight, and that I think she shall learn soon...and hard." he looked out the window. To think...he had escaped death again in the last few days. Someone liked him out there...or didn't.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 07:50
"Yes,I agree.She is to eager for battle i'm afraid."Jada paused"It will get her killed."She stood there thinking a moment.
"I'm going out to Aidans grave."She said as she started to walk out the door.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email