Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: September 13, 2006 11:14
"Run!"

"Come on!"Jada yelled to Diore and they both ran off.Then Jada felt something grab her and turn her around.There was now a blade pressed against her throat."Put your weapons down or she dies"The wildman yelled.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 12:49
Diore whirled around. "Jada!" Diore cried. But a kind guard grabbed Diore and pulled her back. "You had best stand behind me, you wouldn't want to be caught again." The guard said. Diore nodded, as she stepped back. Diore wondered what would happen, Jada was in great danger. Diore suddenly got an idea. "Sir you must help me." Diore said to the guard. The guard turned and looked at her. "I've learned to use a bow and I know I can shoot that man, can you help me find a bow and some arrows?" Diore asked. The guard nodded, and the both of them slipped out.
When they returned their was still a debate going on about Jada. The guard stood firmly in front of Diore as she prepared to shoot. When she was ready she shot and wounded the wildman. The wildman was so surprised he dropped his sword and fell back. Guards quickly grabbed the man and took him away while Jada and Aldor embraced. "You're quite brave. My name is Andros." Andros said with a smile. "I'm Diore, thanks for helping me." Diore said with a smile. Then Diore walked over to Jada. "I'm glad you're alright, I thought you'd be killed!" Diore said. "If it wasn't for Diore you would have died, she was the one who shot the wildman." Andros said as he walked up. Diore blushed, but she had to admit she liked the attention.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 02:29
Aldor paused...suddenly fearful of the dagger being held at Jada's throat. An arrow suddenly flew past him, striking, and wounding, the wild man. Aldor ran to Jada, embracing her, and not carring for the fact that everyone was probably looking at them.
"I should have known, Jada..." He whispered feverently to her, "I should have come to get you...please forgive me..." There were tears of relief and joy in his eyes. He kissed her gently, hoping she would return it.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2006 02:53
"Thank you Diore!If it wasen't for you I may have been dead."Jada said smiling.She saw Diore and Andros smiling at each other.Jada smiled inside.She was happy that Diore was happy again.
Then Aldor ran up to her and embraced her,she held him back.

I should have known, Jada..." He whispered feverently to her, "I should have come to get you...please forgive me..."

She tryed to answer but she was cut off by his kiss.She kissed him back,thankful that she was alive to do so.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2006 06:18
Tears of happiness rolled down Diore's cheeks, she couldn't help but be happy when she saw Jada and Aldor together. Diore then turned and walked out. "I never did get to giving Darkfire a ride, I should go and do that. I hope you will excuse me Andros." Diore said. "I will go with you, I don't want you running into trouble again." Andros said. "Thank you." Diore said with a smile, she had never had someone who cared so much about her since the day Hilderinc fell. The two of them mounted their horses and rode off. "It's amazing to me that you were able to injure that wildman, I didn't think maidens knew much about battle or weapons." Andros said as they slowed their horses to a walk. "Thats ridiculous! Woman can do anything a man does!" Diore siad, she was quite surprised. "I'm sure they could if they had a will to, but you seem so delicate, not the type to fight a war or use a weapon." Andros said. Diore was a little offended by this although she knew he didn't mean to be offensive. "Well, I am tough and I can fight." Diore said calmly. Andros looked over at her, his browns looked confused. "You wouldn't be one of those women that put on armour and sneak into battle looking like a man, would you?" Andros asked. "I haven't, but I could and I think women should be able to fight, there shouldn't be a rule against it." Diore said. "But women are not as strong as men, they would only be killed." Andros said. "You mock me sir! I am strong and can fight! I need not your company to keep me safe, if thats what you think!" Diore said, then she turned Darkfire around and rode off back towards Edoras. "Wait Diore! I meant no offense!" Andros called, but she was too far off to hear. Andros hung his head sadly then slowly followed.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 12:08
OOC: I'm BAAAACK!! school weeks are so long!

IC: Tera was pacing her bedroom. She was happy for Jada and Aldor, she was. She was afraid of being left behind. Of everyone moving forward and of her staying here, being a warrior maiden, nothing more, no one to care for her, no one to care for, nothing to do except be loyal to the king, her father. She remembered suddenly the man she had met earlier. "He was so handsome," she said aloud, "and so kind." She paced more, and came to a decision.
"Jada and Aldor are fine together. They don't need me right now. I'm going to go find that man. I don't even know his name!" She rushed out of the room, and down to the hall, which was empty. She turned around to head to the armory, when she ran into something large and furry. It was him! He was taller than she remembered, and was wearing a really soft tunic. He pushed her back gently, and looked into her eyes.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?"
"I...I...I. Oh, it's you! I wanted to find you. You interest me, and I want to talk more with you. What is your name, again? I apologize, I forgot." She awaited his reply.

OOC: Minstral is controlling this guy now - helloooo someone else besides Aldor!
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 02:35
He smiled gently, "My name is Leoma, but I am curious as to why I interest you...I am not so important as to warrent much notice." Leoma looked at her with curiosity and intrest. She was beautiful, no denying that, and strong.
"Perhaps it is because warriors are often drawn to one another." He said with a light laugh. "You are a warrior." He said simply.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 03:35
Diore quickly put her horse away and stormed into Meduseld. "How could I even think he was handsome!" Diore mumbled. Then she bumped into Jada. "Excuse me." Diore said, her voice was still rough.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 05:32
Aldor looked at the flustered Diore.
"Diore, what is the matter?" He asked, concerned by her behavior.
He looked at Diore, and sat her down on a near by bench, "Diore what happened?" He looked up at Jada, perhaps she would be more insiteful to their friend then he.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 08:10
"Thank you. You interest me because I barely know you, yet you treat me like you've always known me. And your eagerness to join the Rohirrim provoked me into speaking with you." He had said drawn to one another. Tera got a fuzzy feeling in her stomach, but brushed it aside. She was acting foolish! She didn't even know him! Although he was handsome.
"What brings you to Edoras? Besides the yearning of the Eorlingas life," she said with a slight chuckle.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 11:52
Leoma smiled broadly, "I often trade, and I come here to trade, to help support my family. We do not have alot in the villages, and so we do what we must to survive. We need goods and protection, so I can trade and learn to defend the villages both while here." He said this easily, it was common knowledge that the villages needed help.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 03:42
"That...that man!" Diore shouted as she crossed her arms across her chest. Aldor looked curiously at her. "Andros! He called me weak and unable to fight! He said women shouldn't fight!" Diore said angrily. "I never want to see him again." Diore said as she looked down the hall. Then suddenly Andros rushed up the hall. "Diore? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean toi offend you." Andros said, His voice almost a whisper. Diore looked away. "Hilderinc wouldn't have offended me so. He believed in me." Diore said, tears she had back for so long rolled down her cheeks. Andros turned sadly and left.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2006 03:54
Aldor looked at Diore, she was very upset, and he didn't know what to do to console her.
"Andros! He called me weak and unable to fight! He said women shouldn't fight!"

Aldor recognised the name, he was a good warrior, he had fought beside him before...perhaps though, he had a talent for not being able to read people very well. Just as he thought this Andros came in.
"Diore? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean toi offend you."

That won't work, Aldor thought looking at Andros.
"Hilderinc wouldn't have offended me so. He believed in me."

Aldor winced, that was a harsh thing to say. He looked at the two as they separated, Diore angrily, Andros sadly. Aldor looked in both directions then back at Jada.
"I'll talk to Andros if you will talk to Diore." He said, "There are some things that men need to learn, and Andros learned that the hard way. I think I can get him to appologise again, if you could get Diore to listen. Or do we wait for him ourselves, and both go to consoll Diore? This is your call should you wish it." He said.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 08:30
(sry guys,i've been gone)

"I'll talk to Diore if you talk to Andros."Jada said as she sat down by Diore.

"Diore,i'm sure he meant no harm in what he said.You should at least give him a chance to apologize and state why he said what he said."Jada said,she wasen't sure if it would help or not but it was worth a shot.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 09:53
Diore thought this over. Maybe he didn't realize what he was saying. "He had no right though!" Diore said. "But I will forgive him, if he takes back his words." Diore said, she was still upset but she tried not to be angry.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 01:41
Aldor went out after Andros, sighing to himself. He knew that men could be stupid around women...from spending a lot of time with Jada he had learned what not or what to say. He caught up with the crestfallen soldier.
"Andros! Hold up a moment." He called out.
He caught up to the man, "Ok, you have the opportunity to correct your mistake there. And don't deny it was your mistake, but you must go back again as humble as a man can get and appollogise again." Aldor said this quickly, knowing that little else would get through to the guy.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 01:57
Andros furrowed his brow after hearing Aldor. "You think I still have a chance?" Andros said. Aldor looked at him and nodded. "I guess I'll try." Andros said.
Andros and Diore met in the middle of the hallway. Jada stood a little ways behind Diore and Aldor behind Andros. "I'm very sorry I said those things Diore, I didn't mean to offend you." Andros said, his eyes focused on the ground. He expected to hear Diore yell at him again, but what he heard was a soft angel like voice. "Its alright Andros. I was upset, but I did overreact." Diore said as she gently lifted Andros chin so he could look her in the eye. Andros grinned. Diore smiled, her eyes sparkled. "I knwo you are probably one of the best maiden warriors." Andros said. Diore blushed slightly. Then Andros slipped his hand in hers. Diore looked up in to his eyes surprised, but his kind smile calmed her and they walked down the hall, heading outside.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 03:37
Aldor smiled softly, pleased, and doing his best to contain his joy for the two of them. He walked silently over to Jada, putting his own hand in hers.
"Come on, lets leave the two to themselves for a while." He said, moving his arm around Jada's shoulder's, and kissing her brow gently. And he led her in the opposite direction, still smiling.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 09:30
Diore and Andros walked for a while. Diore had never felt so loved since the day Hilderinc left and never came back. Then suddenly a guard raced up to Andros. "Wildmen are coming! Hundreds! We must get more men!" The guard shouted. Andros nodded then turned to Diore. "I'm sorry but I must go. I know you are a warrior but please stay here." Andros said. "Be careful Andros." Diore said, she was so afraid. "I will Diore. I'll be back soon." Andros said, he kissed her forehead then left. Suddenly Diore felt alone, then she heard Andros and her voice playing back, saying their farewell. Then she remember that that was the last thing Hilderinc had said to her. "I'll be careful. I'll be back soon." "I must go and fight!" Diore shouted, she rushed to find her armor.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 11:27
Diore then ran past them."Whats going on Diore?"Jada asked.Diore then explained that the wildmen were coming.Then she ran off again.
"We must get ready for battle.Come on!"Jada said as she started to run for the armory.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 03:06
Diore didn't ralize she was crying until she felt tears rolling down her cheek. She didn't mind the tears though, she had to get ready. "I'm not going to lose him like I lost Hilderinc." Diore said.
When she was ready she quickly ran out and readied Darkfire. "I hope you'll be swift Darkfire." Diore said. Then she rode out with the other men. She didn't ride near Andors though, she didn't want him to recongnize her. Suddenly the wildmen came into view. They held torches so they would seem more firece. "Ride men!" Said their leader. They charged forward. they clashed with the wildmen. Diore was thrown from her horse. When she hit the ground she felt her breath leave her and she gasped for air. When she began breathing normally she stood and prepared to fight, she had to remember everything she had been taught. Then after killing a couple wildmen she saw Andros being confronted by two wildmen. Diore ran over and sliced the wildman down. Andros nodded his thanks and ran to attack another. Diore looked after him. "I saved him." Diore thought, then she turned to see a wildman charging at her. She stabbed him and quickly turned to kill another. She began to feel tired, but if she stopped fighting she would be killed. Suddenly she felt something hard hit her shoulder, she fell forward but turned over quickly, only to see a smiling wildman staring down at her with a knife. He thrush the knife down but Diore rolled over. The wildman shouted something she couldn't understand at her then he stabbed again, and he hit her. Diore cringed from the pain. Then she sliced the man down with the only strength she had left. "You may have finished me, but you have not won the battle." Diore said, then she fell backwards, and fell into darkness.

(I want Andros to be the first to discover her wounded on the battlefield. I don't mind if they see her anytime before that though.)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 03:47
Aldor had immediately run for his sword and armour. Once gotten, he got his horse, Wind Chaser, the old palomino stallion was rearing for battle. And so they engeged. Hacking away at heads, limbs, or anything that presented itself as a target. Eventually everything began to thin out...lucky again. And Aldor was pleased to find that he had not been seriously injured.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 10:52
Andros looked across the battlefield. He was glad not many had been injured. Then he saw a small boy,laying completely still. "He must have fallen during battle. He can't be older than sixteen." Andros said sadly. Then when he got closer he realized this was the boy that had saved him. He knelt beside him and pulled the helmet off. "Diore!" Andros said, shocked. Then he lifted her into his arms and wept. "Why? I loved her so much, why did she have to be taken from me?" Andros whispered. Then as he held her he saw her eyelids flutter open and then close, she was still alive.Andros jumped up and raced back to Edoras.
He quickly put her in her room and called upon a healer.
"Is she going to be alright?" Andros asked anxiously. "Yes, her wound was not to deep." The healer said. Andros thanked her than walked in. He sat by her bed as she slept. He wondered how the others had fared.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 11:25
The battle lasted for only a short time then they were heading back.Not many people had fallen.When she gotten back she went to find Aldor.When she caught up to him she asked him where Diore was.He didn't know.So she went around asking people.Finally she found out that she had been wounded.Jada ran to Diore's room and when she got there Andros was there."Is she going to be alright?"She asked him?
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 11:29
Aldor ran into Jada, but became concerned when she said that she hadn't seen Diore, as he hadn't seen her either. He went with Jada, asking around for any knowledge of his friend. When he finally found out that she was in the healer's ward he went as fast as he could there. Jada was there before him, and Andros was there as well.
"How is she?" He asked, sitting down beside his friend. Fearful for her health.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2006 04:32
"She is going to be alright. The wound wasn't deep." Andros said. Then Diore started to wake. She looked at everyone staring at her, then her memories flooded back. She quickly looked at her wound and saw it was wrapped up. "Lay back Diore. You're still hurt and need to rest." Andros said as he helped her lay down. She winced from the pain then relaxed. "I thought I told you not to fight this time." Andros said. "I'm sorry Andros, its just...it reminded me of the day I lost Hilderinc. I didn't want to lose you." Diore said. "At least you're alright. And thanks for helping me, I guess I could have ended up like Hilderinc." Andors said. "Well, we had better let her rest if she is going to gain her strength back." Andros said with a smile. Then the three of them left Diore.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2006 10:16
Aldor smiled at Diore, then turned and left with the others, taking Jada's hand in his own.
"I am glad the two of you made up." He said to Andros with a grin.
"i don't know about you but I'm starving. Anyone care to join me in my search for food?"
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2006 11:17
Jada had been wrapped up in her thoughts when someone grabbed her hand.She smiled weakly at Aldor,she was exhausted."Food does sound good.Then maybe some rest."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2006 11:53
"Agreed." he said, "Come on, I know where we can get some food." He eagerly led Jada away down the corridor, until they came upon a small wooden door.
"The cooks use this when coming to work, I stumbled upon it one day when I was exploring. It has prooven useful many atime." He opened the door, leading them down into the kitchen.
The cooks there greeted Aldor, remembering him from his often excursions down there.
"I see you bring a friend." The head cook said, pulling out a pot from a cupboard. "And what can I get for yout his time?" She asked.
"Just some meat and fruit I think. I don't believe that we could eat much more then that after the battle."
"Oh Ai, rotten battles, always ruins the appetite. Well, no matter, we'll have it ready for you in no time at all. And you would think that the meal had been prepared for the king."
After about half an hour dishes of meat and fruit, with bread and butter, were set before them.
"You have my eternal thanks." Then he looked at Jada, "Enjoy."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2006 06:16
"Thank you"She said as she took a bite."This is the best food i've ever had."She ate somemore,Then she yawned."I'm really tired,I think i'm going to head off to bed."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 11:07
Hyldo had been quiet while he ate. Then he saw Jada leave. "Aldor." Hyldo started, Aldor looked at him. "Aldor, I think I love Diore, but I don't know how to ask her if she feels the same way." Hyldo said in a shy voice.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 01:34
"Aldor, I think I love Diore, but I don't know how to ask her if she feels the same way.

Aldor paused a moment then chuckled. He knew how Hyldo felt.
"Well, I would say that she does, love you I mean, or at the very least like you a lot." He paused, "I don't know how exactly to ask, I just blurted it out in the moment...but I think that you should ask her first as a friend, and second as a warrior. She does not want to be codled, but treat her like a lady at the same time...Am I making any sense to you?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 02:18
Hyldo smiled. "Strangely enough, you are making sense Aldor." Hyldo said. "Well, maybe I'll go see if Diore is awake, I don't know when I'll ask. She might need more rest before I ask her." Hyldo thought aloud. "Thanks Aldor." Hyldo said as he shook Aldor's hand. Then he stood and made his way over to Diore room. When he walked in she was awake. "Hello Hyldo." Diore said with a smile. "How are you feeling?" Hyldo asked. "Pretty good, but it still hurts a little." Diore admitted. "You are so strong Diore." Hyldo said as he sat next to her. "I have to be, I'm a warrior." Diore said. "You don't have to be strong all the time Diore, you are still a lady." Hyldo said, he leaned close to her and took her hand. Diore looked up at him and smiled. "I guess I forgot that." Diore said, then she laughed. She hadn't laughed for so long. Suddenly she felt so sad, she threw her arms around Hyldo neck and cried. "Hold me Hyldo!" Diore cried. Hyldo was surprised but held her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 02:40
Aldor nodded at Hyldo. When the man was gone he smiled, got up and followed him quietly, when he overheard the conversation it was all he could do to keep from applauding the man. He quietly stole away down the hall, letting the two be alone in their company.

OOC: Ok, um...how or when is this going to end? I hate to say it but it is dragging on a tad.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 08:26
ooc: it's not ending yet, coz i want Tera and Leoma to fall in love, and elmaidne, fyi u put Hyldo instead of Andros.

ic: Tera was walking down the hallway after the battle. This secret was becoming increasingly hard to keep, and her friends were doing it on their own now, and not as a group as Tera had intended. She had still rode out there, after excusing herself from Leoma, and had done her part, but it wasn't fun anymore. It was more of a drag now that she was used to it and now that she was alone. She had just left from visiting Diore on her own, and was trying to find Leoma again. They had a lot in common. He, too, wanted to be free to do what he wanted, as well as be a warrior for his country, and liked the company of people. Tera turned a corner and gasped at what she saw.

ooc: apparaently, the chars of Lila and Ara have disappeared. someone should say what happened to them in the story, and run to tell the others, coz they are GONE.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email