Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: July 28, 2006 03:04
Eofor rode up to the King's hall, where he was recieved by Brego, King of Rohan.

"I wish to join the Rohirrim, Lord. I am called Eodred, son of Theodor. I hail from the Eastfold." Eofor hated lying to his own father, but there was obviously no other way.

"Can you fight, Eodred?" asked the king.

"Yes, Lord. I was trained when I was young." (This last part was true enough!)

The king gave Eofor leave to join the ranks of the Rohirrim, and he rode down towards the plain where the Riders were assembling. As he approached, the Riders galloped off west. Eofor fell in at the rear, and for the moment he was unnoticed.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 03:21
As they rode up to the castle, Brego saw the smoke rising in the distance, and knew the Rohirrim had had yet another victory. He opened the doors, and the Rohirim, after caring for their horses, walked in. Ale was brought, and halfway through the celebration, Leo recognized a few of the Rohirrim.

Wulf walked over to Leo.
"Wulf, is that man Baldor?"
"It is!!"
"Why is he here?"
"Did you forget that Brego made his oldest son join the Rohirrim?" Wulf said. In a low whisper, she added, "Didn't you know you would see your brother?"
"I remember. Isn't that other man Eofor, though? I don't remember Brego letting him join..."
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2006 02:50
Baldor was celebrating with several of his comrades when he caught a young rider looking in his direction--the lad was speaking with several others his age, and all were attempting to be discreet in their glances, but Baldor saw them.

Setting down his ale, he ambled in their direction--they seemed distressed by it. Standing before the offending lad, Baldor growled, "Is there a problem?" THe boy's face looked vaguely familiar, like he should know it; then it hit him. "Tera?" he barked. "What in the gods' name are you doing here!" There were others with her, but his main concern was his sister.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 07:59
Then a rider named Hilderinc walked over to Baldor. "Baldor,wasn't our victory wonderful!" Hilderinc said as he patted him on the shoulder. Baldor had a grim look on his face. "Come,I'll get you some ale." Hilderinc said as he pulled him away from the table.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:05
The man pulled Baldor away.

"What do we do now that your brother knows about us.He wouln't tell your father would he?"Jada eclaimed when Baldor was gone.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 12:49
"No, he would be too afraid I would challenge him to a fencing competition!" Tera laughed.
"Though he IS one of the head Eorlingas...he will probably not let us fight. But he has underestimated me before. I cannot believe we were found out so soon." Tera walked over to Baldor and pulled him away from Hilderinc.
"If you tell our father that I joined the Eorlingas, I swear, you will regret it. And besides, if you told father, you would be punished for allowing us to join in the first place!" Tera hissed in his ear. She thought she got her message through, and turned her back and walked back to her friends.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 05:25
((sorry, anile retentiveness takes over: you can't fence with a broadsword, like the Rohirrim use. it's simply swordplay, duelling, fighting, etcetera. i'm a bit of a freak when it comes to combat that way. fencing applies to rapiers and epee, not broadswords.))

Baldor was partially surprised by his sister's sudden outburst, pulling him away like that. She'd never been one to take anything lying down. He followed her back to the table, and as she sat down, he caught the gazes of Tera and her friends. He leaned down, with both hands on the edge of the table, and before his sister could respond, growled calmly, "I'm not going to tell anyone if you want to get yourselves into battle. I'm sure you'll do fine, provided you don't get knocked of your horse or lose your helmet--"

Tera tried to interrupt,

"--because," he continued, "if anyone so much as thinks you are who you are, they'll go after you double quick. If you want to risk your life, that's your business. But don't think I'm going to ignore you. You're my little sister, and my friends, and I won't stand by and let you get yourselves killed." Glancing over to Tera, "You've put me in a difficult spot, and if it looks to be going wrong, I will tell father, even if it's my head that's on the chopping block. Although, you know you'll get it too if this get's around."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:11
"Well, Baldor, you won't have to worry. You have witnessed how cunning I have become. As long as you don't say anything, I am sure I will be fine. Did you see Eofor? Did Father let him join the Rohirrim? Because he is a little young." Baldor shook his head, and Tera turned back to her friends.

"That is an example for us. We cannot linger as a group. We will be more likely to be noticed. We must wander between Eorlingas." They broke up, and Leo wandered over to Hilderinc, bought some ale, and began talking about the battle.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 06:57
"Alright."Sigor said to Leo.She didn't know who she would go and talk to but she decided just to pick someone.

"That was some battle wasen't it?"Sigor said to a man,whose back was to her.
He turned around.It was Aidan.
"Yes that was quite a battle."Aidan said"I don't think i've met you before,I'm Aidan."
Sigor just stood there shocked.
"You are?"He asked.
She was even more shocked that her own brother didn't notice her.
"Umm i'm Sigor.It's an honor to meet you."Sigor said."But I need to go and find a friend of mine.Goodbye"
Sigor ran off looking for Tera or Lila.
She spotted Tera.
"Leo!!I need to talk to you!"Jada said as she dragged Tera away from Hilderinc.
"Aidan's here!I walked up to him not knowing it was him and started talking and then i noticed him,but he didn't realize it was me.I didn't even know he was in the Rohirrim!What should I do?"Jada said panicking.Then Aidan walked up to them.
"I've never seen you fight Sigor.Would you challenge me to a duel?"Aidan said.
Jada looked at Tera desperately hoping she would get her out of this.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 09:26
"Aidan, right? Sigor cannot fight until tomorrow. s..He is still recovering from a battle wound. It has closed up, but he is still having sharp pains in his arms."

Tera hoped Aidan would believe her. That would give her ten hours (more or less) to plan how to counteract his proposal.

"But I will fight you." Tera hoped this would make him forget his challenge to Jada. She had seen him fight. He was almost as good as Baldor, but she had taken on Baldor before. The only disadvantage to this was that he might recognize her fighting style.

She decided, if need be, to become slightly distracted during the fighting, so that she would forget her cunning, and concentrate on defending, and not false attacking. Maybe then he would believe her, and forget about her and his challenge to Sigor.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:55
((Ok, I am joining as Aldor with Aravis17's permission, I am sorry I haven't been here, I was in France for the duration, I'll make this good no woories!))

IC: Aldor rode slowly, his side ached, his head ached, he was covered in hot, sweaty, armour, and blood seeped through his tunic. He couldn't stop, he had to warn the king, wildmen, hordes of them, were preparring to attack. He groaned, clutching his side, he lost balance and tumbled from his road-weary steed. He wished he could see his sister again, and his brother, and he would! He pushed himself up on his short sword, gasping labourdly. He would get back! He had to!
Edoras was in site, he had to hurry. Aldor pulled himself up onto his steed's back, but nearly fell off again, grasping a branch just in time. He grabbed his rope and tied himself to his saddle.
"Alright, Wind-Chaser, give it all you've got." He whispered through his dry and cracked lips. The great horse took off with all the speed it could musted, heading back swiftly to Edoras. Aldor went unhindered through the gate, and the call was raised that he had returned.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 12:39
Hilderinc was on guard outside, when he saw Aldor. "Prince Aldor is injured! Send help!" Hilderinc shouted. The guards let Hilderinc go. He rode out quickly and soon came to Aldors side. He didn't bother to ask him questions, he was hurt thats all he needed to know. He helped Aldor onto his horse Darkfire. "Don't worry sir, you're going to be alright." Hilderinc said reisuringly. He tied Aldors steed behind him and rode quickly to Edoras. After passing through the gate he let lose Wind-Chasers leading rope so he could be tended to in the stables. He rode to the stairs that led up to Meduseld, then helped Aldor down. The king walked. "My King, Aldor has been badly injured." Hilderinc said, he had lifted Aldor onto a strecher type carrying devise so they could take him to his room.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 03:16
Aldor bit back a groan of pain as he was taken onto the back of another's horse, it was Hilderinc, he knew each guard at the very least by name. It was something he did to gain their trust and loyalty, he treated each as a brother. He felt himself being lifted onto a streatcher, NOT YET!
He grasped Hilderinc's arm tightly, "Wait...I have grave news...it can not wait!" He said urgently, not carring about anything else but his message at the moment, "The wildmen...they are planning an attack, they are gathering troops...I couldn't get an accurate number. War is coming...you must call the Eorlings to arms..." He grunted slightly, falling back on the streatcher, gasping labourdly, his strength spent. He hoped his sister and brother wouldn't see him like this. He didn't want them to worry for him, was his last thought as he blacked out.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 03:35
Hilderinc quickly rounded up all the Eorlingas. "War has come friends, we must go." Hilderinc said. Soon the Eorlingas were in the stables getting their horses. He saw three younger looking boys, and he didn't know them. Then he remembered that Baldor was talking to them before he pulled him away. "Hello lads, I have not yet met you. What are your names?" Hilderinc asked.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 05:41
(there are four - Legolass hasnt posted in a while)

"I'm Leo. This is Sigor and Wulf. And the small one behind us is Beorn." Tera said, pointed at Jada, Lila, and Ara. She prayed that he would not recognize them. She also hoped that Aidan would forget about Sigor, and forget her promise to him. If she was to fight, she needed to be energized, not broken down from a previous fight. She bit her lip, waiting for Hilderinc to walk away.

(and elfmaiden - what happened to diore?)
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 06:49
"It's nice to meet you Sir,but we need to get to our steeds.Like you said war is coming."Jada said as she walked away hoping that the rest would follow.

She ran down to the stable to get her horse.
Then she remembered she couln't get "her" horse.Aidan would recognize it.She turned around suddenly and ran right into Someone.
"I'm so sorry."She looked up.It was Aidan.She cursed in Elvish.

"I'm sorry what was that?"Aidan asked.
"Oh nothing Sir,But umm i just remembered my horse was killed in the last battle,Are there any horses that arn't being used?"
"Yes actually there is,Tier,the sorrel mare in the last stall.It's my sisters horse but you can use her."
Jada was speechless.
"Is everything alright?"Aidan asked.
"Oh yeah,thank you Sir."

Jada entered the stables to find the other three there.

"Did you all know that I have the dumbest brother in all Middle Earth.I ran into him again and asked him if there was a horse that I could use,because i figured that if I used Tier that he would recognize me,and well he said that I could use his sisters horse.So it turns out that i'm using my own horse.He still hasen't recognized me."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 11:53
Aldor had waited until the healers had left. He felt absolutely wretched but he was not going to let that stop him. He was supposed to be in this war, and he would fight it until he dropped! But first he had to find his sister and brother!
He trudged himself out of the bed, pulling on some cloaths. Where would he find them? In the stable probably...the only place his sister would go in times like these, she could be stubborn at times. As silently as he could he stole out of his chambers, wincing with every step mind you, and headed to the stables.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 11:22
(guess I forgot about Diore, I'll add her in.)

Diore rushed into the stables. "Hilderinc you mustn't go, You already fought a war." Diore said. "Diore they need me. I promise I'll be back." Hilderinc said, Diore and Hilderinc had been friends since they were children, and in her heart Diore hoped someday Hilderinc would marry her. Diore looked at the ground sadly. "What if you don't make it this time." Diore asked. Hilderinc lifted her chin. "I will think of you every moment I'm on the battlefield Diore, that will bring me back to you." Hilderinc said. Diore turned and left, she would have gone to fight with him if she could but she knew not haw to fight. Then as she walked she bumped into another rider. "Excuse me sir...wait, is that you Jada?" Diore asked.She had seen through her disguise.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 04:25
Aldor looked around, people were milling about, horses being readied, he couldn't see Jada, or his brother. He sighed, leaning against a wooden pannel to prevent his collapse. He cursed himself for being so weak.
"Excuse me sir...wait, is that you Jada?"
Jada? Aldor looked up and around wildly, where? He saw another woman talking to a young man, could it be? He smiled inwardly, it probably was Jada.
He pushed himself up on his feet only to collapse after a few steps, all strength leaving his body.
"Jada..." He managed to say.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 07:00
(ok i'm just making sure,but is Aldor my brother?Or a friend?)

Jada ran into somebody.

"Excuse me sir...wait, is that you Jada?"

Jada looked up,surprised."Be quiet!"Jada said as she put her hand over the Maiden's mouth,Then she realized who it was and took her hand off."Diore?I haven't seen you in ages!"Jada said as she hugged Diore."Where have you been?"

Then she heard her name called.
She looked around.Then she saw Aldor lying on the ground staring at her.

"Aldor!"Jada said as she ran up to him,and got on the ground beside him."Your hurt! I need to get you to the healers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edited for language
BerethEdhellen

[Edited on 11/8/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 08:25
(Jada is a friend)

"Aldor!"Jada said as she ran up to him,and got on the ground beside him."Your hurt! I need to get you to the healers."

"It will do you no good, I've already been to them. Have you seen my sister, Wæteráedre, or my brother, Eofor? I thought they might be here but I haven't been able to spot them." Aldor rose to his feet shakily, using the beam of wood he had been leaning on for support.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 08:38
Diore didn't want to interrupt seeing that Aldor was injuried, but she couldn't help but ask Jada why her hair was so short and why she was dressed like a warrior. "Jada what are you doing?" Diore asked, she couldn't help but stare. Diore step over and helped Aldor to his feet. "You don't think you will actually fight without anyone finding out." Diore said.

(by the way, I was thinking for the upcoming battle that Hilderinc would die and then Diore would join the Riders of Rohan. What do you think? Too dramatic?)
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 10:14
"Yeah I was just talking to Tera.I'll go and get her."Jada said as she ran off to find Tera.

"Tera!It's Aldor,He's back!He's looking for you.He's in the stables."Jada said as she grabbed Tera's hand and dragged her to her brother.

When they got back Diore asked"Jada what are you doing?You don't think you will actually fight without anyone finding out."

"There's only a few people who know.And so far Aidan hasen't found out.And well if someone finds out,then i'll deal with it then,But i'm not the only one.I don't know if you know them or not but Wæteráedre,Lila and Arabella have joined to.

(I think that thats a good idea!)

[Edited on 11/8/2006 by Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 11:19
"Wait a minitue...you young ladies are disguising yourself as men to fight in this war?" Aldor asked them, one eyebrow raised in surprise. "I won't try to stop you..." He said after a moment, "But I should warn you, it will not be pretty out there. Think hard before you commit yourselves." he smiled grimly, "I know I didn't, and look how I ended up..." He said half-jokingly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 02:16
Hilderinc saw the small gathering of people in the back of the stables. "Come lads! We must get ready!" Hilderinc called to them, a hinto of irritation was in his voice.
Soon they were all on their horses, ready to ride out. Diore apporached Hilderinc, her eyes watered with tears. "Be careful Hilderinc." Diore said sadly. "You needn't worry, I'll be back Diore." Hilderinc said, then he rode away.
Soon they ran into the Wildmen. The battle began immdiately. Hilderinc rode over many of the Wildmen. Then suddenly he flet someone grab him, and he was riped off his saddle. He fought furiously. Nothing would prevent him from returning to Diore. Hilderinc looked around. The young lads he had yelled at earlier were actually good fighters, though they still needed practice on their skill. Suddenly a Wildeman jumped otu at him, he stabbed him and moved onto the next one.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2006 03:20
"Come lads! We must get ready!" Aldor heard this and cursed himself for getting side-tracked.
He called for his horse, Wind Chaser, who was fresh and eager to get into battle again. Readying his spear, which he preferred over the sword, and riding out to meet the on coming horde. True he still felt weak, he felt awful infact, but he wasn't going to show it!
He clashed into the wildmen army, spear slicing through the air. One was down, a blow to the head, another fell to the head of the spear imbedded in his throat. Aldor felt alive admist the chaos of the battle, this was where he belonged.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2006 12:20
Hilderinc was fighting well, but even a good fighter can fall. Hilderinc kept stabbing and slicing and killing all the wildmen that came at him. But then the unexpected happened. He charged up to one wildman and stabbed, then he turned to another, but the wildman was not yet dead and he stabbed Hilderinc back. Hilderinc felt the pain shoot up his back, then he fell. He felt weaker than ever, then he realized he wouldn't be going home. He knew there was one thing he had to do before he left the earth, he had to give one of the soldiers a message for Diore. He laid there, thinking about Diore, about his life and how it felt so short. Then he saw that the wildmen were retreating and a young warrior was running towards him. Before the boy could say anything Hilderinc grabbed his arm. "Give Diore this message, tell her that if I had made it through this battle I would have married her, also tell her that I have always loved her. And give her my horse Darkfire." Hilderinc said with his last breaths. Then he laid his head on the ground and passed away, to the land beyond.

(the lad that was with Hilderinc for his death scene should be one of the girls in diguise, it doesn't matter to me, but then they can give the choice of joining the Rohirrim to Diore.)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2006 02:36
Aldor slowed Wind Chaser, eventually pulling the horse to a halt. His breath came in short gasps, he hadn't been hurt to badly in that battle, but this was probably the first of many battles to come. He sighed, he had been lucky.
Aldor started to look around, for people who were injured, or...dead. He came across Hilderinc, and he felt his throat tighten, as he looked at everyone who had died, he felt tears. There were consequences to war, he knew that, but that did not make it any less hard to bear. He bowed his head in silent respect for the fallen, before turning back to help the wounded.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2006 03:04
Tera nodded, recognizing Hilderinc from when she talked to him at the celebration of their last battle. Seeing people die was saddening, but she had to bear it, as it was part of being in the Rohirrim, and battling foes. People risked their lives to protect the ones they loved. Watching Hilderinc die showed Tera what was at stake.

As they rode back to Edoras, she made up her mind to look for Diore when they got there, before she celebrated. She had Darkfire on a lead, and took Aear Wing and Darkfire into the stables, and began looking for Diore.

Diore wasn't hard to find, as she was greeting the Eorlingas, trying to search for her friend. As Tera went up to her, she noticed the girl frown slightly, and then Tera realized that she had a grave look on her face, so she immeadiately perked up a bit, since Diore was going to be sad enough for the both of them.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2006 03:30
Aldor had slowly made his way up to the stables of Edoras. Quietly putting Wind Chaser in a stall, brushing down the white horse, and bringing it food and drink. He sighed, stroking the creatures neck. How many had fallen? How many would still perish from wounds obtained? It was to much to think of. Frustraited he decided to go for a little walk outside.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 04:58
"Where is Hilderinc! Please do not say he has fallen!" Diore said, tears rolled down her cheeks. Diore felt her heart break, her love, dead on the battle field. He had promised to come home. But a promise like that she knew couldn't always be kept. She saw Tera approaching, she could tell that Tera had bad news.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 06:23
Jada had small wounds from the battle.
But after all the wildmen were dead or they had retreated she was looking amongst the dead,making sure no one she knew had died.Then she saw Hilderinc lying there telling Tera to tell Diore about his love for her.She couln't help but think of how Diore would take it.She rode back in silence.
She had put away her horse when she saw Tera go up to Diore and Diore was crying,she must have told her.
Jada didn't want to interrupt so she walked outside the city gates,Then she found a tree,so she decided to climb it and she just sat there amongst the limbs thinking.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 08:26
Aldor came up under the tree.
"Why do you sit so alone on your perch. Surely to greive alone only worsens the blows dealt to us." He pulled himself stiffly up into the tree, cautious of his own wonds and tender sides.
"Have you lost anyone on the feild this day?" He asked gently.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 09:35
Jada heard someone approaching,she drew he sword.
"Oh it's just you Aldor."Jada said as she sheathed her sword.

Aldor came up into the tree and sat by her.
"Have you lost anyone on the field this day?" He asked gently.

"I don't know.I looked every where for Aidan but I couln't find him in the field and when we returned there was still no sign of him...I fear the worst has happened"Jada said trying not to cry.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 03:10
Aldor looked at her a moment, then, tentavely, put a comforting arm on her shoulder, clasping it firmy. A warrior's grasp to another warrior.
"There is always hope. So fear not, if he is to be found he will be." He said in a firm, determined voice. "Come then, let us go find Aidan! I need something to do anyway, I feel useless admist the turmoil." He joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.
He led her towards the out skirts of the city where people were being tended to.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email