Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Desire to be a Warrior (open to all - please join!!!!)
on: August 14, 2006 06:57
Jada followed Aldor,She hoped he was right.
Although she didn't know what to say to Aidan when she found him.Maybe she would tell him the truth,she didn't know.

What she did know is that she had to find Aidan and for now she had someone to help her.Aldor had been a real good friend in the last couple of months,and Jada was glad he was there.

"Aldor,I just wanted to say thank you.For helping me."Jada said as she searched amongst the warriors for her brother.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 04:16
"Aldor,I just wanted to say thank you.For helping me."
Aldor smiled gently, "It was no trouble at all, Jada. Anything to help a friend." He meant every word he had said.
He fell silent as he helped search for her brother, he had to admit, Jada was...special. More then a good friend to him, almost like a sister, but not quite. He shook his head of such thoughts, and resumed searching. He spotted something.
"Is that him over there?" He indicated a figure lying against the wall. Starting to move towards him.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 04:19
Diore looked around, she felt useless and alone. "What am I to do!" Diore said. Then suddenly she became determinded. She wanted to help destroy the foes that killed her true love. Tera had left to help with the injured so Diore searched around for Jada. She saw her looking around. Diore grabbed her arm. "Jada I need you to help me. I want to fight as you have." Diore said, she looked not afraid.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 06:05
(hehe i'm special! lol sry)

"Is that him over there?" He indicated a figure lying against the wall. Starting to move towards him.

Jada had started to follow him,when someone grabbed her arm.
"Diore?"

"Jada I need you to help me."

"What is it?"

"I want to fight as you have."

"You want to join the Rohirrim?I don't know."
Diore stared at her.
"Alright,fine.Your training starts tomorrow.Meet me at the stables in the morning."Jada said as she ran to catch up with Aldor,he still haden't make it to the man by the wall.

"Would you like to help me train someone to fight?"

(hey what happend to Lila and Ara?)

[Edited on 15/8/2006 by Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 10:47
Aldor waited for Jada to catch up. Continuing to walk when she was at his side.
"Would you like to help me train someone to fight?"
Aldor raised an eyebrow at Jada. "Well, that depends...who are you talking about? Was it Diore back there?" He looked at Jada critically.
"I have no problem doing it, I just want to make sure she isn't just running into this because I know she just lost someone."
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 11:01
"Yes it's Diore.I don't know her reasons for wanting to join.But if they are because she lost someone,I can't stop her.If I don't train her then she'll find someone else.And I would prefer it was me,or someone I know that can fight well."Jada said.

She walked on thinking for a moment.

"Either way,I'm going to train her,With or with out your help."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 11:28
Aldor gave her a curious look, "Jada...you know I will help you. And , yes, I will help Diore as well. At least with me there I can make sure you are learning everything correctly." he grinned broadly for the first time in days.
"And in Diore's case, not just out of cold-blooded anger, because that is a true warrior's bane." The approached the soldier at the wall. It was Jada's brother.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 11:43
"At least with me there I can make sure you are learning everything correctly." he grinned broadly for the first time in days.

Jada glared at him."I've already learned.It will be Diore who will be learning."Jada said,then she smiled."But thank you for helping,i'm meeting tomorrow morning in the stables.Make sure to be there on time."

They got to the wall and Jada looked down at the man.She gasped and her smile disappeared.It was Aidan.

She got down on her knees and sat there staring at him,he was wounded badly.A spear had gone through his stomach.He was un-conscious,There was also a gash where something had hit him on the head.
She didn't know what to do.
Tears started rolling down her cheeks.
"He's dying."She said coldly to Aldor.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 11:49
"He's dying."
Aldor went over to Aidan's side, confirming for himself that the man was dying. He called a healer over. A young woman, her hands and dress covered with other's blood, came.
"Can you do something for him?" Aldor asked her.
The healer looked Aidan over, examining his wounds critically. Eventually she shook her head.
"I am sorry my lord, he is to wounded to be saved, and even if I were to tend to his wounds he will probabably pass from loss of blood."
"Thank you." He managed to choke out, letting the healer leave to tend to others.
Aldor bit down, or tried to, his despair. So many were dying.
He clasped his hand on Jada's shoulder, knowing that she would need it.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 12:09
When Jada heard what the healer said she stared in disbelief. If he died all of her family would be gone.
Aldor had put his hand on her shoulder.She was thankful that he was there but she just wanted to be alone.She tucked her knees to her chest and laid her head on her knees.

"Aldor,if you don't mind.I'd like to be alone."Jada said quietly,hoping that he wouln't feel rejected.He was just trying to help.But she didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment,unless it was Aidan,but that seemed hopeless.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 12:39
"Aldor,if you don't mind.I'd like to be alone."
Aldor nodded, "Very well, but if you need me, I will be at the stables." Aldor turned to leave.
"Keep strong, Jada, tomorrow we shall begin to find a way to exact vengance for your brother, and everyone else who has died here." His eyes had turned hard, his hands clenched into fists. He was sick to death of all the death and sorrow. And tomorrow he would do something about it.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 12:50
Diore had gone into the stables. She brushed Darkfire then cleaned Hilderincs sword. Then suddenly a woman rushed in, she was a healer. "Make yourself useful girl. Men are dying out there!" The woman said. "what can I do? I'm not a healer." Diore asked. "You can wrap the bandages, now come on!" The woman said. Diore walked out, then she saw Jada with her brother. She walked over. "Is he going to be alright?" Diore asked. When Jada looked at her she knew that he was dying. "There must be something I can do." Diore wondered. But if a healer couldn't do anything neither could she. She walked over to another young man and began wrapping his wounds. Her heart was broken, first Hilderinc and now Aidan, and more were still dying. "Will there be no end to this death?" Diore whispered. "The sun will break through my lady." The young man she was bandaging said. "I'm sorry for doubting." Diore said. "You've lost your love, you have the right to be sad." The man said. Diore smiled at him. Some still had hope. Diore couldn't wait to fight, she wanted to teach those wildmen a lesson for destroying so much.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 06:08
Jada looked up,it was starting to get dark.
"I must have fallen asleep."She thought.She looked up to see Aidan still lying there.She looked at him closer.He wasen't breathing.
"Aidan?"She said as she shook him gently.He didn't move.Jada got up and took a step back.
"No!"She said as she ran to the stables hoping to find Aldor.
She ran through the door and found him standing there.Jada stopped and took a breath.

"He's gone.I didn't even get to say goodbye."She said,then she collapsed.She had been so worried about Aidan,she haden't thought about herself or her wounds from the battle.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 03:42
"He's gone.I didn't even get to say goodbye."
Aldor turned around at the sound of Jada's voice, when she collapsed he ran to her side. Picking her up off the ground he carried her gently out of the stables and into a nearby building.
He took his own cloak, covering her in it. And he sat there, waiting for her to wake up, knowing she would need the comfort of a friend. He called a young boy over and asked him to fetch food and water. He would wait.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 04:06
Diore woke early the next morning. She waited for a long time but Jada didn't show. "I wonder where she is?" Diore thought out loud. Then she saw a young boy walk by, maybe he would know where she is. "Excuse me, do you know where Jada is?" Diore asked. "Nope." The boy answered. Then Diore remembered Jada had a warrior name. The boy would probably know her by that name. "Then do you know where Sigor is?" Diore asked again. "Yeah, he is being tended to. He didn't get to the healers and he collasped, thats all I know." The boy said. Diore gasped then ran to find her. She bumped into Aldor as she tried to find Jada. "Where is Jada? Is she hurt badly?" Diore asked.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 04:53
Jada woke up sore the next morning,She felt like a stone had just fallen on her head.She couln't remember what had happened before she fell,She didn't even remember falling.
She moaned and opened her eyes to find Aldor and Diore sitting beside her.

"What happened to me?"She asked.Then she winced in pain as she tried to get up.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 11:27
"Where is Jada? Is she hurt badly?"
Aldor looked up, he had dozed off, "As you can see, Jada is right here. She is not hurt, only exausted. She was so affected by her brother's death that she forgot to eat or rest." Aldor shook his head sadly.
He noticed Jada wake up. "What happened to me?"
"I wouldn't try to sit up just yet if I were you." Aldor said sternly, pushing her gently back down, he handed Jada the food and water that the boy had brought earlier.
"You passed out, you were so shocked from lack of food and water. You came to me and I carried you here." Aldor said gently, he lifted Jada up, knowing she would still be weak, and let her rest on his shoulder while he helped her hold the plate steady, she could eat without aide, that much was clear, but she was to weak to sit up right on her own.
He looked at her sadly, he did not want to mention her brother's death, even though he knew he would have to, sooner or later.

[Edited on 17/8/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 07:25
"I wouldn't try to sit up just yet if I were you." Aldor said sternly, pushing her gently back down

It felt weird having someone telling you what to do.
Aldor had explained what happened and she sat there thinking about it all.

He had helped her up and she was now leaning on his shoulder so she could eat.She didn't like having to depend on other people for help,but what else could she do in this situation.Aldor handed her the food.
Food sounded good at the moment.She was starving.
"Thank you"

Then she remembered that she had promised to help Diore with fighting.
"Oh Diore i'm so sorry.As soon as i'm strong enough i'll teach you."
Then she asked curiously.
"How long was I out?And why isen't Aidan here?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 02:50
"Oh Diore i'm so sorry.As soon as i'm strong enough i'll teach you."
Aldor smiled faitly, of all the things to remember first.
"And don't forget that I promised to help you two as well. You wont be kicking me out of any fun now will you?" He laughed softly.
"How long was I out?And why isen't Aidan here?"
Aldor shifted uncomfortably, the moment of reckoning was at hand.
"You were not out overly long, only since sunset of last night, it is now nearly mid day..." He paused, how could he break the news, she already knew that her brother was dead but exaustion had made her forget temporarily. Best do the direct approach, otherwise Jada would never forgive him.
"Jada...Aidan...Aidan won't be joining us at all."
Your stalling, his mind said.
"He fell on the battle feild yesterday. I'm sorry Jada." He pulled her into a hug, comforting her without words, or trying to at any rate.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 03:21
Diore bowed her head sadly. She didn't know that Aidan had died, but she knew that he didn't have much of a chance to survive. "Don't worry about training me right now Jada. You need to rest." Diore said. Diore knew how Jada felt. Diore still couldn't forget Hilderinc.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 05:32
Jada laughed."Of course we're not kicking you out,If we did you would end up with bruises."

"He fell on the battle feild yesterday. I'm sorry Jada."

Jada sat there silently thinking,then Aldor hugged her,quite unexpectedly.

"Aldor,I don't mind hugs,but your hurting me."Jada said as she tried to squirm out of his arms.

"Don't worry about training me right now Jada. You need to rest."

"NO!I'll train you.I'm fine.As soon as I can get out of bed.I'll go crazy if I don't get out soon."She said.She knew she wouln't be able to teach much in the condition she was in,but she had to do something to get Aidan off her mind.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 06:31
"Aldor,I don't mind hugs,but your hurting me."
Aldor gave her one last squeeze and pulled away sheepishly.
"Sorry." he said, his face slightly red.
Don't worry about training me right now Jada. You need to rest."
"NO!I'll train you.I'm fine.As soon as I can get out of bed.I'll go crazy if I don't get out soon."
Aldor shook his head. "I will train her, and after you have recovered then you can take over from there. You may watch but not fight, you are in no condition to hold a sword let alone weild it!" Aldor looked at her sternly.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 07:04
Jada laughed,was he blushing?

Aldor shook his head. "I will train her, and after you have recovered then you can take over from there. You may watch but not fight, you are in no condition to hold a sword let alone weild it!" Aldor looked at her sternly.

"Your acting like my brother!"Jada said sticking her tongue out at him.
"But since you will only let me watch,I insist that we start training now.We'll go to the Armory get Diore a sword and then YOU will teach her."Jada said as she looked around for her armor and sword.

"What did you do with my stuff?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 11:46
"But since you will only let me watch,I insist that we start training now.We'll go to the Armory get Diore a sword and then YOU will teach her."
Aldor laughed lightly, "Very well then. Diore, shall we carry our companion with us then...and fetch you a sword worth of a warrior."
"What did you do with my stuff?"
Aldor looked at Jada curiously, "Oh...um...it is being cleaned. It was completely filthy and to prevent it from rusting I had to take it off of you and get someone to clean it. Do not worry, I took off no more then was needed." His ears turned slightly red but other then that he remained calm.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 12:43
Tera was in the armory, swordfighting in mid-air. She wanted her moves to be effortless and flawless for the next battle. She couldn't risk dying. Two of the toughest men she knew had died, Hilderinc and Aidan, and she knew if she didn't practice enough, she would be next. Jada was still recouperating, and Lila and Ara had disappeared, so she was practicing alone. Then Aldor walked in with Diore, sword in hand.

"What's going on? Is she wanting to learn to fight to avenge her lover? Typical. If you need me to, I'll help as well. Aldor, if you will." She held out her sword to fight Aldor, and show Diore what she would eventually learn.
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 02:47
(Hey i'm there too,i'm just not fighting because of a certain someone*glares*)

Jada was watching Tera and Aldor fight.They were good.
She only wished she was half as good as they were.
They reminded her of when her and Aidan would fight each other.She would miss that.

Jada called Diore over and explained what they where doing.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 04:50
Aldor smiled, drawing his sword. He circled Tera, slowly, cautiously, false stepping, laying wide swings to find an opening in Tera's defenses. He thought he found one. In a flurry of motion he swung at her head, then suddenly brought his sword down in a wide arc. He knew she would block it so he moved onto the next move, he brought his sword back, then launched a stab that turned into a cut. His feet moved just as fast as his hands, and he was loving this battle.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 04:07
When Aldor thrusted, Tera parried, but she was too slow. It grazed her arm, and she let out a small gasp. But she didn't slow down. If you made a big deal of every scratch on the battlefield, you were as good as dead. Instead, she did one of her trademark moves, ones her enemies never countered. After she parried, she brought her sword up as though aiming for his head, and then swooped down and slashed at his feet. But he was quick and saw her plan. He leapt up, grinned at her, and at that pause where he grinned, she scratched him where he scratched her.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 04:25
"Hey!" Aldor said with a laugh, bringing his sword up.
"Cleaver move that was...where did you learn it?" He asked, ducking under a swing and bringing his blade up and around under her guard.
He pushed back with his strength and suddenly had her pinned against the wall. His sword at her throat.
"Do you yeild?" He asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 05:46
Diore watched closely. She was amazed at how fast they fought. "Do you yield?" Aldor said to Tera, his sword was at her throat. Diore looked at Jada. "I hope I'll be able to fight as well as that." Diore said. Then she noticed Hilderinc's sword leaning against the wall. It was in the sheath. Diore walked over and picked it up. "I will fight with this sword. May it cut down every wildman in Rohan." Diore said as she pulled it out of the sheath. The sword's name was Amarth which meant doom. She swung the sword around a little. "When are we going to start?" Diore asked.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 06:08
"I hope I'll be able to fight as well as that."
Aldor looked to Diore with a nod, "In time...you should be able to fight well enough. The first lesson is do not attack in cold anger. It will, more likely then not, be your doom. Revenge is bitter, and it does not feel like enough...ever." He looked at Diore with hard but gentle eyes, he needed for her to understand what she was doing before jumping into it.
"I will fight with this sword. May it cut down every wildman in Rohan."
"It is a good sword, and it will serve you well...but we will begin training with these." he hefted a long wooden sword. "It will hopefully prevent any decapitation and/or other serious inguries of the sorts." he grinned broadly.
"When are we going to start?"
"You already have."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 03:37
"Do you yield?"
"I will never yield!!" Tera screamed, knocking Aldor's sword out of the way, and pushing him onto the ground. He got up, still holding on to his dignity by a string. He began talking with Diore, explaining to her that an Eorlingas' life is not all galmouras, and that revenge is not always the smartest thing to do.

Tera sat next to Jada, and began talking with her while her brother began showing Diore the basic steps.
"Jada, have you seen Lila or Ara anywhere? They disappeared when we arrived, and I haven't seen them since. And Baldor and Eofor have disappeared as well. Of course Eofor is always off by himself. What does he do?"
Jadawen_Lady_Of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 06:52
"Jada, have you seen Lila or Ara anywhere?"

"Actually I haven't seen them anywhere I was looking for Lila but i never found her.And about your brothers,I never see them,well except Aldor.I think your brothers try to avoid me."Jada said laughing.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 03:05
".I think your brothers try to avoid me."
Aldor laughed slightly, "And does that surprise you Jada?" He said teasingly.
He worked slowly with Diore, going over basic movements and positions. Correcting her gently when needed, and complimenting her when she succeded.
"Not bad, Diore, for someone who hasn't fought before." He grinned, "Let us try a little faster."
He launched a slow (by his standards) pattern letting various targets become apparent so that Diore would go for them, improvising the battle as it were.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:20
Diore was very pleased with the skills she was learning. She thought she was fighting well.
After the training Diore went to get a drink. When she came back she smiled at Aldor. "Thank you so much Aldor. I never thought I'd learn..." Diore stopped suddenly. She remembered one of the last things Hilderinc had promised her, he had promised he would teach her to fight. Just for her own protection though.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email