Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for Conquering Helcaraxë (KEEP)
on: November 21, 2007 10:48
Oh. That indeed is sad news.
Well, the show must go on. Thanks for being around as long as you did.
"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2007 01:02
Hey Rumel,

It's me!! I joined in!
So can I join up your thread? I'll think of a few characters and let you know about them as soon as possible.
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 03:11
My post is finally up! It's not quite as I imagined it, but I guess it'll do. If there are any errors, let me know and I'll edit them out.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2007 10:48
Welcome, Isil.

And Maralyn,
A wonderful beginning. Please post in your characters' descriptions, so we can store the links here for reference purposes. You need to enter them in the database (in case you don't already know ) and send us the links.

The light from the stars presented a light that - I like to think - bathed everything in a silver glow. I have also mentioned the appearance of the "northern lights" which will provide another means of light. Remember, it is freezing there, and winds are constantly blowing. No respite from them.

Since you asked in your post, I am putting in the names of the leaders of the host once again.

The leaders of the 3 HOSTS:

1. The Beginning:

Nolofinwe
Findarato
Arakano

2. The Middle:

Artanis
Aikanaro
Angarato

(my characters fit in here)

3. The End:

Findekano
Turukano and Elenwe
Ar-Feiniel
Artaresto

Please remember to mention the Quenya names of the Tolkien characters. I place them again here:

Fëanor = Fëanáro "Spirit of fire"/ Curufinwë/Kurufinwë, Finwion

Maedhros = Nelyafinwë/ Maitimo/ Russandol

Maglor = Makalaurë "Gold-cleaver"/ Kano/ Kanafinwë/

Celegorm = Tyelkormo "Hasty-Riser"/ Turkafinwë

Caranthir = Morifinwë "The dark finwe"/ Carnistir "red face"

Curufin = Curufinwe - after his father because he looked like his father/ Atarinkë "little father"

Amrod = Pityafinwë "little finwe"/ Ambarussa

Amras = Telufinwë "last finwe"/ Ambarussa/ Ambarto = However "Umbarto" proved to be a prophetic name, for Amras was accidentally killed in the swan ships of the Teleri, when his father ordered them to be burnt at Losgar.

=======================

Fingolfin= Nolofinwë

Fingon = Findekáno

Turgon = Turukáno

Aredhel = Ar-Feiniel, the white lady

Argon = Arakáno ("High Commander")

=======================

Finarfin = Arafinwë

Earwen = Earwen

Finrod = Findaráto Artafinde Ingoldo, Nóm, Felagund

Angrod = Angarato, "Iron Champion".

Eðellos = Eldalôtë

Aegnor = Aikanár or Aikanáro, meaning "Sharp-flame"

Galadriel = Alatáriel, Altáriel, Artanis, Nerwen

Orodreth = Artaresto

=======================

Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2007 01:19
Just put up my first post! :disco:
I am so proud!

Of course, Rumel helped me with a lot of it - but I am sure I'll get the hang of it soon - researching online is quite an art, I find. And - the owner of this thread is quite a taskmaster, if I may say so. (And finicky and ... oh well ... ) But I loved the entire process! :hug:

Hope it's all right. :feedback:

Oh, I forgot to put up my character link. Here she is:
Silmë

Hi, Turin. Hi Maralyn.

Maralyn, just read your post - it's beautiful.
Oh and since you are going to be in Fingon's host, I was wondering if our characters could be friends? Silmë is travelling with Elenwë, who is travelling with Turukano, who is travelling with Findekano (hope I got that right - or I'll get a tongue-lashing!) ... so I was - well, just thinking it would be cool to have our characters know each other. If you don't think it is a good idea, that is all right too.

Er, I guess that is about it - or I'll go on babbling.
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2007 01:25
My characters:

Eärlindë and Ondotano

My last post was mainly from Eärlindë's point of view, so my next will probably be from Ondotano's. I'm currently toying with the idea of killing one of them off, but will probably decide against it as they play a role in the history of another one of my characters.

Erumelmo: Thanks for the names and information.

EDIT: I think it would be a great idea for our characters to be friends, Isil. Otherwise my characters would probably have nobody to converse with, lol. Lovely post, by the way!

[Edited on 11/23/2007 by Maralyn_Imladiel]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2007 04:06
*Ignoring Isil*

Interesting characters, Maralyn. And you are most welcome for the names. About the death of characters, you don't have to kill one of them to provide angst, you can make one of them close to some character within the thread whom you know is going to die for sure.

Elerosse - or Elenwe, for example.

On second thought, I am not ignoring you, Isil.
Just re-read the post, and I was thinking since you are Elenwe's sister, would you like to think of a way a Vanyar Elf could end up injuring her foot? It can be mentioned within the same post, if you wish to edit it.

[Edited on 24/11/2007 by Erumelmo]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 23, 2007 05:32
Okay, no fighting, children....siblings or not. *giggling* I'm really going to enjoy this.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2007 03:25
Grinning in the direction at BerethEdhellen. A wink and then, quietly:

Rumel, it was not I who had the idea of the injured foot - I was merely following suit to YOUR idea. But I'll think of something, never fear... :angel:

[Edited on 25/11/2007 by Isillindë]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2007 04:03
I am glad you did, sis.

Now to matters at hand. I had a long chat with BerethEdhellen and Gwendeth (two lovely role-players, with whom I have had the lovely chance to RP in "A Precious Gift"), and they have agreed to help me with a few posts in Conquering Helcaraxë. Since it will be a bit difficult for me to play the characters of so many in the upcoming Council of Light.

The Council of Light has been called for to discuss the journey across Helcaraxë. And at least two leaders, assigned to each Host, are called to attend.

Accordingly, from the First Host (former part of the group), Nolofinwë (Fingolfin) and Findaráto (Finrod) shall attend the Council.

From the Second Host (middle part of the group), Artanis (Galadriel), Aikanáro (Aegnor) and Erumelmo shall attend the Council.

From the Third Host (rear part of the group), Findekáno (Fingon) and Ar-Feiniel (Aredhel) shall attend the Council.

I shall undertake the task of working with the characters of Artanis as well as Findekáno.

Gwendeth is thinking about playing the character of Nolofinwë, whereas BerethEdhellen is thinking of playing Aredhel. Since their characters have guest appearances in the thread, they will take the time to write for them, after having read the posts here and on the RP thread of Helcaraxë. (If either of you decide to change your characters – feeling you may not do justice to them – you are most welcome to do so.)

For Reference to the character of Nolofinwe that I have pictured please look to the post put up on 7/5/2007 at 02:14 AM.

Furthermore, I have thought of these points that will be mentioned in the Coucil for deliberation and probably debate.

1) Route: it has to be nearer to the coastline since it would be less cold than the interior part of Helcaraxë. But the ice here would be thinner and more precarious. (For the description of Helcaraxë please read one of my earlier posts.)

2) Fires: Wood has been carried – but in meagre quantity, so the use of it for fires – other than medicinal purposes – will be banned? Even for signalling it will be unnecessary, since the Elves do have the Horns of Nessa (my post dated 7/5/2007 at 02:14 AM), for communication.

3) An approximate guess of the time they would lose for travelling over Helcaraxë. It would be a month as we decided.
But Nolofinwë and Erumelmo shall come with the theory of estimating the amount of time by judging the time spent by Fëanáro sailing off into the East and then the burning of the ships at Losgar – this would be 3.5 days!
(I figured this out by working out the 39 days spent by Al-Pharazon to take the Great Armament over a span of 1200 miles over the sea to Valinor.)
So actually, the journey over Helcaraxë in the most dire conditions would take about 15 days! Even so, given the nature of the trail the provisions would have to be rationed over a conjectured period of a month!

4) Rationing the food: and who would be in charge of rationing the food. Monitors would have to be appointed.

Through the months they have spent on Araman:

Nessi have learnt to fish, they will now do so through holes cut in the ice to drop their jigging lines. They also gathered roots for food or medicine. They sew skins, tan hides, knit mittens and blankets.

Neri trap and hunt, watching the weather closely. Nets are set in holes cut in the ice. They hunt for seal. Popular meat could be caribou, reindeer, bear, beaver, beluga, seal, walrus, and baleen from the whale. They carve ivory, soapstone, or jade, making miniature animals or jewelry. Clothing is repaired. Tools are put in order.

Aurola borealis: When solar electrons that are trapped in the earth’s magnetic field strike gas particles in the upper atmosphere, colorful lights appear in the northern sky, sometimes green, red, blue, or purple, sometimes gauzy like a sheer, blowing curtain, and sometimes in the form of an arc. Displays are concentrated above the Arctic Circle and occur most often in the spring and fall. Some say these northern lights sound like the rustle of a stiff taffeta skirt. I, of course, made up the theory of the light left behind by the Two Lamps working as the Northern Lights.

These are the points that I have come up with. If anyone thinks of anything else please put in your inputs.

[Edited on 7/12/2007 by Erumelmo]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2007 04:26
Maralyn,
This goes out to you. I have just been thinking about the last line of yours and Isillinde's posts:

"She didn’t get the chance to finish her sentence, for at that moment a heartrending wail pierced the air around them."

And look forward to hearing what is to happen. But I am assuming it is an upheaval of sorts. I just want you to know that the Council of Light is due to happen in my next post and whether whatever you had in mind would impede your character and Isil's character in their meeting the Council.

Please let me know what you had in mind.

Turin,
lovely new post; declarative of character for Taurohtar - just one tiny bit that needs to be rectified. There were no blankets, but fur and overcoats upon Elerosse.

BerethEdhellen and Gwendeth,
My post is up, I have created the entrances for both Aredhel (Ar-Feiniel) and Fingolfin (Nolofinwë). Feel free to post as soon as you can.

[Edited on 29/11/2007 by Erumelmo]
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2007 03:26
I threw in the wail at the last moment, hoping it would provide an entrance for another character. Besides that, I was in a bit of a hurry to finish my post and didn't bother to come up with a better ending. Rash, I know. :blush: Since I am pretty much making it all up as I go, I have nearly nothing in mind regarding the wail and its origins--perhaps it has something to do with the Dagor-nuin-Giliath? Whatever works out best. I'll give it a lot of thought before deciding anything, but if there's anything that definately wouldn't work out, do let me know so I can scratch it off my list of ideas. As I said before, I'm new to this sort of thing (though that's no excuse, lol).

Sorry if that was confusing. Beautiful post, Erumelmo. :love:
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 06:52
Thanks, Maralyn, for replying so promptly. And yes, if the 'wail' has no follow-up then can we strike that off both your post and Isil's? I really would like it if you understood the character of Silmë, if your character is going to be one of her best friends.

For the purposes of understanding plot and character better - you can add me up on MSN: [email protected] - we can chat sometime and you can understand my ideas better. If you wish.

And thanks again for the compliment for my post. :blush:

P.S.

Was working on this image, since I want everyone on this thread to get the feel of the Council of Light. It shows where the attendees will be seated. The way I would like it to be.

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 10:38
Okay, does Ar-Feiniel have any animosity towards Arakano and Findekano as seating partners that I should know about? (sorry about the lack of accents but my old computer has 'issues' and tends to forget how to do them). Is there any animosity in the group as a whole?

When this group meets, are there 'sides' anyone will be taking against any others?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 11:00
Ber,
You can play the character as you like. You know where she is coming from. I believe her to be in love with Celegorm, Feanor's son. She is wilful, and completely contradictory. I would also think she has terrible mood swings.

Erumelmo and she never got to be close. But she is close to Turgon - not to Fingon. She adores and respects her father. And, yes, she does not like Galadriel. Quite a few actually don't like Galadriel - believing her to be too outspoken and too 'unwomanly'. As we discussed, Aredhel and Galadriel are opposites - though they both love wearing white.

But you can play the character as you deem fit. I am sure you already have constructed her character in your mind, please go ahead with your own instincts. Would love to see what you come up with.

p.s. I have also, I believe, mistaken her name in Quenya.
Irissë was the Quenya name of Aredhel ("noble Elf") or Ar-Feiniel ("noble white lady"). I shall change it in my posts accordingly.

Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 12:16
I think the image gives a lovely idea of the Council that is about to take place. I have an idea, if Maralyn agrees, we can both sort of "eavesdrop" onto the Council's discussion - much in the way Sam, Merry and Pippin did, much later in another such council. :d

And, I have edited my post and given it a different ending.
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 12:37
A quick question. Does Taurohtar have anything to do with the Council, or will he be part of another series of events at the same time? And I have edited my previous post as per your request.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 01:59
He will be a part of another series of events. I have decided on something and Taurohtar will have to be around Elnaira. He does treat her like a sister, and she needs him there with Erumelmo gone. Also, Taurohtar will be coming to call Erumelmo at the end of the Council.

My next post shall explain all. Working on it as we speak.

Also when I was writing the last post, and then again as I was helping Isil write hers, I came across the problem of time. With the Trees dead, how does one keep tabs on Time. I tried to explain it this way:

“So be it.” He looked up at the stars and then down at the churning sea. “The tide is in. The stars shall pull the sea back soon. But when the tide returns, so shall you.”

As gravity and the pull of the sun and the moon affect tides, in the absence of these celestial bodies, the Stars can have the same function - although with a lesser intensity. Therefore, we can also attribute a 15 day trip over Helcaraxe prolonging to a month (by the time set by the sun and moon).

What do you think?

[Edited on 30/11/2007 by Erumelmo]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 02:31
Since JRRT did not explain how the matter of time was calculated (at least I don't recall anywhere that it was written...so correct me anyone who knows differently), your method is as good as any, Rish.

But one thing..............WHAT THE HECK IS MY NAME? You have mentioned at least 4 so what shall I call myself? *grins*

And let me quote/paraphrase from HOMES 12:

Irisse was Fingolfin's daughter and sister to Findekano, Turukano and Arakano.

Arakano perished in battle of the Lammoth so never got a Sindarin name, tho' he was called (in memory) Argon.

There is some question about Irisse's parents. In one place JRRT states she's Fingolfin's daughter. But he also says she is saved from the ice by her father (Turgon, aka Turukano) though her 'mother' Elenwe dies in the water, for which Turgon's enmity against Feanor never ends.

So, is she Turuk's sister or his daughter in this story? Or was it just that Turukano named his own daughter after his sister? Will Elenwe be lost in the ice? JRRT has always confused me with his frequent changes.

[Edited on 30/11/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2007 03:39
Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the Time issue, Ber. Now, to your questions.

1. Irissë is your name. She was called Aredhel and Ar-Feiniel later.

2. About Arakano:
His Quenya name was Arakáno ("High Commander"), named so partially for his character. Argon set foot on Middle-earth with his father and brothers, but he was killed during the Battle of the Lammoth.

Arakáno thus never received a true Sindarin name, but Argon was later devised for him in the records. It is recorded that this later became a popular name under the Eldar.

Arakano (sindarin form is Argon) was, and is said to have been taller than all of his brothers: therefore, taller than Turgon ... and Maedhros (since he was said to be a very tall Elf as well).

Arakano is mentioned in HoME volume 12.

3. Irissë is the daughter of Nolofinwë and Anairë. So she is Turukáno's sister.

4. Turukáno is married to Elenwë. They have a daughter named Itarillë (later Idril - who marries Tuor).

5. Yes, Elenwë and Itarillë both fall into the ice, and TUrukano tries to save them but can only save his daughter. (Thus the angst - and also lovely scope for characterisation in Silmë - who Isillindë has created as Elenwë's sister.)

I was waiting for you on chat, but Gwendeth mentioned that you are down with the cold. Hope that is better and I hope your questions stand answered.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2007 12:38
When Artanis mentions to Erumelmo that he is going to suffer "loss", it came to my mind to create confusion... The first thought that Erumelmo gets is that Fanui shall die - and in fact he does. The day the Noldor on Helcaraxë form the Council of Light is the day when the Dagor-nuin-Gilliath takes place. But Erumelmo doesn't know for sure. He doesn't even think about Elerossë - for he thinks his brother is out of danger.

I have left it to the unpredictable nature of Artanis - the kind of woman she is who never talks directly. But then that is how most elves are wont to be. She may know about Elerossë or about Fanuiamarth - or about both - who can tell?

To formulate angst, I decided on the end of Elerossë at this point. I thought he would get better and then die on Helcaraxë with Turukano's wife, Elenwë. But since Silmë entered the picture I did not want to divide the focus from her.

My posts have come in quick succession here - because the gamut of thoughts just poured in and I wanted to give Taurohtar's character some scope for worry and despair himself. It is sad writing the death of a character, and I am in quite a mood now. So when the idea struck, that this was just the right time, I wrote in the post. Listening to Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" over and over again.

Also, Turin, Taurohtar will be the one to break the news to Erumelmo, because he will have to go and fetch him. But remember Erumelmo cannot leave the Council before it ends.

Ber, Gwen, have you decided on how to play your characters?

Maralyn, are you around? Will you be posting shortly?

Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2007 05:18
Sorry for my brief absence--the past few days have been exceedingly busy. Starting tomorrow, however, I'll finally be able to work on my post. In the meantime, I can edit the ending of my first post.

Isil: Interesting idea; I think it would be fun to have Earlinde and Silme 'eavesdrop' on the Council, so to speak.

Lovely posts, everyone, as usual.
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 11:38
Thanks, Maralyn. Though I must say that eavesdropping in the situation that Erumelmo's family now finds itself in (I read the last two posts Rumel sent in), doesn't seem quite right...

How does this sound: your characters and I go out in search of the Aleaningwë family and you meet "Taurohtar" - whom you know - and HE could lead us back to "Elnaira"?

We can all help "Elnaira" cope with the death of her brother until Erumelmo returns. Sound good?

Hi, Turin. Does that sound okay with you? If your character knows one of us? Of if that is a problem in your perception of the character, we could always ask where the leaders of the Mid-Group are people could guide us. Either way would be cool, I suppose.
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 01:10
Well, it doesn't bother me, but just a suggestion, you could know that I serve Erumelmo's family and ask me to take you to Elnaira.
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 02:16
Well, all right. Done. So Silmë recognises Taurohtar. Do you have an idea how they would know each other? I read through the character of Taurohtar - he is very interesting. The image I got was that of a gentle giant - who should never be provoked into anger!

Silmë has worked with Fëanor in jewel craft, and since Taurohtar has worked with metal, perhaps their paths could have crossed then? I think it would be best if Silmë chances to see Taurohtar and asks him if he knows anything about Fanuiamarth's family.... hmmmm.... just putting things down here as I think them. :blush:
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 02:39
Sure, they could have crossed paths when Taurohtar would take finished swords to have their hilts inlaid with jewels.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 02:59
It is nice to see co-ordination happening. I am really glad.

I read through Taurohtar's character, too, Turin, and I must say Erumelmo is truly pleased.

While reading your character I noticed that he has a beard. Just needed to pass on a few facts about that:

"The third cycle of life," aging, and facial hair

Despite Tolkien's statements in The Hobbit that Elves (and Hobbits) have no beards, Círdan in fact has a beard, which appears to be an anomaly and a simple oversight. However, Tolkien later devised at least three "cycles of life" for Elves around 1960; Círdan had a beard because he was in his third cycle of life. (Mahtan, Nerdanel's father, had a beard in his second cycle of life, a rare phenomenon.) It is unclear what these cycles exactly are, since Tolkien left no notes further explaining this. Apparently, beards were the only sign of further natural physical aging beyond maturity.

The Tolkien Gateway says this:

Círdan is described briefly in The Lord of the Rings as appearing very old save for his eyes, with a consistent long silver beard. The beard, which originally was a subject of controversy among Tolkien fans as Elves allegedly did not have beards, was rationalized in the History of Middle-earth when it came out, where it is said that elves could grow beards in the "third cycle" of their lives (although what a cycle is remains uncertain). Other beard-growing elves included Mahtan and Tinfang Gelion (uncanonical). His apparent age may come from the many pains and troubles he has seen on Middle-earth (though Galadriel and Celeborn saw comparatively few less), though the terminology might also be a way to emphasize his ancientness.

Círdan is said to be over 10,000 years old. Thus the third cycle and thus the beard. Of course, Taurohtar could be in his second cycle of life, which would mean he is the contemporary of Mahtan, Nerdanel's (who married Fëanor) father. Mahtan was the contemporary of Finwë.

[Edited on 6/12/2007 by Erumelmo]
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 03:23
Hey there,

Finally having a chance to pop in here. Both work and Real Life have been extremely busy of late, and my apologies for holding things up. Anyway, I *am* working on a post for Nolofinwë, and hopefully I can get it posted soon.
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2007 04:57
Wow, so many new posts here!

Alas; being an avid perfectionist, I have yet to finish my post. If I am holding anything up, then please let me know post-haste so I can post a rough draft, at least. I have already edited the end of my first post.

Lovely ideas, Isil. Perhaps Ondotano could know Taurohtar, as well? Judging from Turin's descriptions, I know that he (Taurohtar) used to be a smith; therefore, since Ondotano was somewhat involved in smithwork (his main skill is masonry), perhaps he could have met Taurohtar briefly. Just an idea, let me know what you guys think.

Again, I apologize for the amount of time it is taking me to write my post. :blush:
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2007 02:45
I'll just say, whatever you think is fine by me.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 04:28
No problems, Gwendeth, Maralyn. I have not put up any post on the Council. Will wait for your posts first. Take your time.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Turin, if you don't want Taurohtar to be older than Erumelmo, Galadriel, Fingon, etc, you need to edit the part of his having a beard. If you want him to be as old as Finwe, then you can keep the beard. Just let me know, it would help whenever I am forming conversations with him in the future.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 10:27
Rumel,

I think a short post (or long if you are so inclined..*smiles*) outlining the order of arrival at the council would help. While Irisse is related to both Findakano and Arakano, both brothers of hers, they represent two entirely different hosts, therefore would probably not arrive together.

It would help me (and I think Gwen as well) to know who arrives when and in what order so my char will act/react accordingly.

Thanks.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 11:04
Sure.

The Council is scheduled after the first host has passed by the place it is happening - since the location proves feasible as it takes care of the winds that blow out there: The curvature of the natural formation would help and that was what was noticed by Nolofinwë.

Nolofinwë decides to have the Council before fully setting out over the Ice. And sends Findaráto to Artanis with the idea. Artanis sends Elnaira to call Erumelmo and Angarato to call Findekano and Turukano; but since he cannot come, Irissë comes in his stead.

Now the order of appearance:

Findaráto - already present with the Mid-host, leaves Artanis' company earlier and comes to see the place with Aikanáro for company;

Findekáno comes next with Irissë (and Túrë Alassindo, her escort sent by Turukano);

Erumelmo comes later after Elnaira decides to stay back with their ailing brother.

Artanis follows.

Nolofinwë is the last to join the Council.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 11:51
Okay...I've got name and host problems:

Accordingly, from the First Host (former part of the group), Nolofinwë (Fingolfin) and Findaráto (Finrod) shall attend the Council.

From the Second Host (middle part of the group), Artanis (Galadriel), Aikanáro (Aegnor) and Erumelmo shall attend the Council.

From the Third Host (rear part of the group), Findekáno (Fingon) and Ar-Feiniel (Aredhel) shall attend the Council.

You will note that previously you said that Findarato was with the First host....how did he suddenly end up in the Mid host? (PG.4)

Also on PG.4, in your circle of guests, you indicate that Arakano, then Irisse (also known as Ar-Feiniel (Aredhel), then Findekano sit in that order. Nowhere do you show Aikanaro. Have you got Aikanaro mixed up with Arakano?

And who is Ture Alissindo?? A she? A he? I would guess a she but why is she there?
TurinTurimbar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 12:00
Yes, I would like him to keep his beard and therefore be older than Erumelmo. What should I change his birth date to to represent this. (I'm horrible with dates)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email