Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for Conquering Helcaraxë (KEEP)
on: September 16, 2008 12:39
As I've probably mentioned numerous times, I've been trying for a long time now to come up with a post, but have kept getting sidetracked. (My life has been crazy since school started!) I'm afraid it's getting increasingly difficult to keep up with the RP, and it's just not fair to you guys to keep you waiting for posts like this. I've come to the conclusion that it would be best if I just drop out. I feel horrible about it since I've gotten to know you guys so well, but really, things will flow along more smoothly without my habit of procrastination hindering the process. Truly sorry, guys. Especially Isil, since our characters were supposed to be so close. *hug*

I thank you all for putting up with me and answering any questions I had. It was an inspirational experience to read your posts, and I wish the RP the best of success in my absence.

No hard feelings, I hope?
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 16, 2008 03:04
Maralyn,

As both a moderator and a fellow player, may I make a suggestion? You're character is wrapped up in this storyline and to just disappear from the tale without explanation is more difficult on the thread and other players than if you could come up with even a short post that works your character out of the thread for a reason. She could die (fall through the ice, freeze to death, etc .) or she could wander off in a snowstorm and be lost forever.

Please come up with something to ease her out gracefully rather than just have her disappear without reason as a courtesy to the other players.

Thanks
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Maralyn_Imladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 08:13
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Bereth! Yes, I have been planning an exit post for awhile, which I shall execute as soon as possible. I don't think I'll kill the characters off---something else will probably come up to provide an excuse for their leaving.

Isil, what is your take on all this?
Isillindë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 01:01
Hello, Maralyn. Hey, Bereth.

I am sorry for this long leave of absence myself - but work took me out of the city for a month and a half. Came back earlier this week, and have been sorting out things back at work and home after such a long stay out.
But now that I have my bearings, I have come back to check on my imaginative side.

Maralyn, I am sad to hear you say that you won't be able to put in posts...I was beginning to enjoy thinking about our characters working together.

But if you have to leave, I guess you have to...though as Bereth points out, a last posting would really help in the RP. I have not included your characters as Silme (pardon the lack of accents - I'm writing in her directly and not making use of Word) moves back with Artanis, because I thought you would want to mention their dialogues and feelings yourself. So it does make things easier - in the sense of changes I would need to make in posts already written - if you want your characters to remain behind.

Your characters made their way with mine to the mid-Host, and my character has made her way back to her sister in the rear-Host. Since you must leave the RP, I can make a suggestion:

Perhaps your characters meet family themselves in the mid-host that they thought dead? Meeting them, they wanted to be with them and Silme thought that it was all right for them to stay behind in the mid-host?

This can be done as a sort of a 'flash back sequence' since Silme has already reached Elenwe in the rear-host.

How does that sound?

Rumel is all set with his post, and he shall put one soon. I think, he plans to do so within a day or two.

[Edited on 24/9/2008 by Isillindë]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2008 01:45
I am quite pleased with my latest post - if I may say so myself. Though I had to introduce two new characters to bring the story to fruition. You see, sometime back I had written on how anarchy was pervading the host, and Hendalacon has resorted to murdering one of the host. Since I didn't want to leave any threads in the story loose, I created two new characters (albeit minor ones): Telemnar, and his brother, Silfánë. Silfánë is the one who gets murdered. Telemnar desires revenge and that is how I made him enter the story. They fit in perfectly with the rounding of the murder (which would stand unpunished as of now in this thread - since Hendalacon does move on to Middle-earth) and the breaking of the ice where Elenwe perishes.

I hope this one is good enough, Isil. I am so glad you are still with me on this one - or else I would have had to finish the thread all by myself. Bereth, if you are reading this, could you tell me if one can write on the RP thread by their lonesome? I mean, I cannot help other people not being interested enough to continue writing on the thread, so what if I found myself alone?
"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: October 08, 2008 04:00
It would depend on how far you are from the end of your tale. If it only takes a post or two to finish it, I think we'd permit you to carry on by yourself or with only Isil to accompany you. But if it means a half dozen to a dozen posts, that could become problematical...it would really become a fan fic entry at that point...and no longer a joint roleplaying game.

Sadly that happens to so many roleplaying games of extended length here. Folks become busy, move on, drop out of CoE. Do what you can to pm your fellow players to see if you can jolt them to offer a post or two (perhaps shorter ones as the lengthy ones that exist in this thread could be daunting to those who are busy with school, etc.).... and consider bringing this to a close ASAP if they're not responding.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2008 12:09
The lengthy posts could be daunting, true, but then I like the sense of integrity it gives to the thread itself. Besides, most of the writers who have participated on the thread have written beautiful posts and I would rather turn my writing into a fanfic instead of letting it slide into posts a paragraph long.

However, I spoke to Isil and she will continue to write in the thread till the very end of it...and then follow me onto the Gondolin one that I wish to start. So there will be two players writing in for sure.

As to the length of the thread - it would be a few posts more - because we still have to complete with the death of Elenwe and then move onto reach the end of Helcaraxe and then upto the first rising of the Moon. That would mean five posts each approximately speaking - give or take.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2008 04:36
Hello, everyone out here.

It has been a long time since I got into CoE...but generally it has been a time of great disillusionment for me on several personal levels. Don't want to get into that right now...but today I felt like coming back to the CoE and partaking in the refreshment that a different world offers.

Isil and I shall both complete with this story in a couple of more mails - I do not like to keep anything incomplete, and this thread has been really dear to my heart.

A very warm hi to all and I wish everyone who will read this post (I don't think any of the original posters are here on the thread besides Isil and me) Season's Greetings.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2009 01:33
Hello to all those who chance upon this thread,
A warm hug to Ber, who definitely shall be reading this.

Isil and I had both nearly completed this thread and it was turning out quite beautifully, when my HDD crashed in mid January. I was deeply saddened because I lost ALL of my data and also angry at myself for not having made a back up. In any case, I have finally got over this disappointment and anger and finally decided to complete this thread of Helcaraxe. It is very dear to me and as such I really want it to have a good end. Isil and I shall make two posts and complete with it.

We are about to start work on it. Wish us luck and good thinking.
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2009 03:08
I have finished with the RP of Helcaraxe.
Just submitted the last post. Quite psyched.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email