Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: At the Edge of a Knife (see OOC to join)
on: February 01, 2004 12:17
Sorry I haven't or didn't post sooner, I had it all perfectly written this morning but then I went to post it and the internet would not connect, I went back and zap it was gone!
*She finishes with a sigh* So sorry.

Evethire answered Aireon's question "Yes, I indeed it is."
He grinned at his answer, it was ready and all they need to do now was leave.
As the company of Raen and Levi returned Evethire caught sight of a maiden. They hastened into the inn with her. Drops of blood lined her features.
A table was to make do as a bed. Levi, as Evethire had thought he was named, he had noticed that Rean and himself looked identical, took hand then to heal this fair maiden. It seemed as if he was quite skilled in the art of healing. The maiden woke briefly inquiring through painful sleep of her horse. Evethire felt sad for her, it was evident that she had recieved many injuries.
After the maiden was excellently bandaged, Levi took watch over her. Raen was insconced in a peculiar drink which made a strange oddur in the room.
After a while the maiden woke to find herself in the inn. Evethire had to hand it to the man he couldn't believe his brilliance. He was surprised to hear her sweet voice say "I am grateful for you help but I must be going."
Evethire went to her side "But you cant, not in that state." It seemed to be in other peoples minds also as one of Raens gorup also stated that she wasn't able to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A beam of sun shone on the land below. Altariel followed Evethire out of the inn and cheerfully greeted everyone in sight. She was so pleased that they were nearly off on their journey. Nothing could dampen her spirits until she noticed the limp maiden covered in congealed blood being carried into the inn. Tears came to her eyes as she thought the worst. She looked like this maiden had endured a firce blow to the head. She was layed on a table. She stayed in the background fear of getting in the way as one of the black eyes men, started to heal the maiden. She notice she wasn't the only one. The other brother sat down, rather stiffly it seemed. She wondered of what had happened in the night that could cause such a thing. The last time she had seen him, he had such unextinguishable energy. She wondered of what had happened in the night that could cause such a wound.
He was insconced into a drink which caused an strange oddur that lingered in the room.
"I am grateful for you help but I must be going."
Altariel knew what she felt like, it reminded her of the kindness of Alagithildin and Randir whom saved her life. She too was grateful.
:blush: Sorry again, but I can't really move this on any further!
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 02:40
"Thank you Levi. I am Alassë Miallye."

Levi bowed his head, "Not at all." As he stood there he cast his gaze around the room and saw that everyone who was to be travelling from both companies was present. They all seemed to be watching the maiden to see how she was, except for one who was standing near the back of the room, glancing around her. He was amused to see the odd fleeting looks Raen received from their new companions as a rancid odour filled the room from his tankard. When his gaze returned to Alassë, he found her struggling to rise by herself.

"I am grateful for you help but I must be going."

She stumbled unsteadily and grabbed onto the nearby table. Levi cocked an eyebrow at the spirit of the she-elf. She had only just awoken and already she was determined to leave. He was about to step forward to help her when he heard Ari's voice from the doorway as she returned.

"Now wait just one minute here," Ari said as she walked in the door over to where Levi and the girl were. "I leave for one minute, and already you two have her wanting to leave?"

Levi looked at her in protest, "Calm down Ari. I had not uttered a single word to her about leaving, it was her who made the decision. And besides, you do not seriously think that we would allow her go any further than the door do you?" He heard Raen adding to the conversation from across the room,

"What am I to be responsible for? I have nothing to do with this!"

Levi stepped forward to help Alassë stand properly before slowly bringing her over to where the others were seated. Once she was sitting comfortably, he moved back and leant against the wall. He felt eyes on himself every so often and raised his own to meet any other eyes with a glare but found them all looking at Alassë. He frowned, disliking it when he was stared at and wondered what the cause of this extra attention was. Looking down he realised that he was covered in blood once more. Mumbling that he was going to get cleaned up he left the inn and stepped outside into the morning sun.

Crossing the street he returned to the house he had stolen the shirts from earlier and took two more. He had a feeling he would need another soon enough. As he returned to the courtyard outside the inn, he ripped off the soiled shirt and tossed it aside. His black scar was now visible, marring his skin and immediately catching the eye.

Suddenly he heard a loud squeal and caught sight of one of the horses kicking another. He dropped the shirts by the well and quickly ran over, separating them with difficulty. The last thing they needed was the horses kicking each other to pieces before they had even left. He sighed, anxious for them to leave, but he wondered what was to be done about Alassë. They could not leave her here - she was too injured. The only solution he could think of was that she joined them, but was she able to ride yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen watched the others contentedly as he reclined on the chair. He had noticed the glares and odd glances he was receivng but he paid little attention to them. Just beacuase he had to behave like a noble did not mean he had to give up all his habits. He blew out a large smoke ring from his pipe and looked down at the orange embers glowing.

"Raen,"

Raen looked up and turned to see Ari seated beside him. He gave her a half smile, his pipe jammed between his teeth, and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"I expect this inn to be just as we found it when we do leave. That poor man was more than helpful to you, and I want you to know that we're not touching this one."

He chuckled softly, the laughter rolling deeply off his throat. Taking the pipe out of his mouth he answered, "Why of course Ari my dear. He has been as helpful to me as all the others by serving me my drink. It is not me he has been more than helpful to, but however judging by my circumstances and present condition I can safely assure you that this one will be left intact." He laughed once more, "I have to leave some standing for our return."

He placed his empty tankard on the table, before quickly leaning forward to stand up. His pipe drop to the ground as he clutched his abdomen in pain. He kept his eyes clear and emotionless to the others around them so they would not noticed his discomfort as he knew they could not see his arm under the table. Glancing down to the ground he knew that he would not be able to pick up his pipe. Rolling it closer with his foot, he flicked it into the air with his toe and grabbed it quickly.

Placing his hands on the arms of the chair, Raen rose stiffly and straightened his back slowly. He glanced back to Ari and spoke, "Speaking of which we should prepare to leave as soon as possible."

"What about Alassë? We cannot leave her here!"

He glanced over to where Alassë was seated, "Indeed we shall have to take her with us. However I am not sure whether she will agree or not. It seems as if she has a particular destination of her own in mind." Raen was never one to take time to allow wounds to recover and believed in continuing on whatever he had been doing immediately every time. However he believed this was the same for eveyone much to others' dismay. He took a sidelong look at Ari's face, "Well if she can stand she ride! We shall keep a watch on her progress and I'm sure she will be alright!" He made his way over to where Evethire and Altariel were standing. Nodding to them in greeting he asked, "So when is the time of our departure?"

[Edited on 2/2/2004 by eldir]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 06:16
Rovan stood outside patiently, waiting for the company to depart. But the time was passing, and nothing happened. Two men that were totally identical by their looks, for Rovan's surprise, brought in a wounded maiden. Great! Rovan thought, now they'll have to tend her and so on... They could have just left her in the inn! He was getting impatient. One of the twins left the inn, and went somewhere, looking a bit weird in a bloodstained shirt. But soon enough he returned with a couple of new shirts in his hands. Rovan frowned. The man took off his dirty shirt. Something black on his skin caught Rovan's attention... Suddenly two horses started a fight, and the man rushed to separate the animals. Rovan still didn't move. It was not his business. His gaze was cloven to the man's back. Now he could see that it was a scar. Rovan had never seen one to... black. He stared at it, it had some power that attracted him, he wanted to touch it... But he didn't move. The man must have felt Rovan's gaze, for he turned and stared back. Rovan could tell that in his gaze there was a dark menace, and something wild that was held back only by the will of this man. They stood so for a while, then the man slowly let the reigns of the horses go. For a moment Rovan thought that the man was going to attack him, but then he turned and left to where he had dropped his shirts. Quickly pulling one over his head, he entered the inn, still casting a dark look over his shoulder.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 07:09
((ugh...stupid writers block...I'll try to post something worthwhile, I promise :dizzy: ))

Sila was uncommonly restless after the incident with Alasse, and slipped out of the common room quietly and went to the stables. "Her" horse was stabled far in the back, a sweet mare with a tan colored coat and a black mane and tail. She did not know the mare's given name, but Sila had started thinking of her as Tasar.

"I suppose it's rather nice to be you." She said matter-of-factly, stroking Tasar's nose. "You don't have to worry about politics and intrigue and such. As long as you're well treated and well fed, you're happy." Tasar nickered quietly, and nibbled on Sila's arm. "Don't eat me, now!" Without warning, two of the other horses began fighting, screaming and kicking at each other. Tasar's eyes went wide, and she pranced nervously. Sila quickly grabbed the mare's head and whispered soft words to her, calming her. After the noise had died down and Tasar was calm again, Sila poked her head out of the stall to see what was going on. Levi had apparently seperated the horses, and his bare back gleamed, his shirt missing in action. Sila caught her breath as she saw the black scar that marred Levi's shoulder. The same shoulder she had tried to touch when Levi and Raen were fighting. The same shoulder she had reached for at the well. Sila shivered, somehow frightened by it, but drawn to it at the same time.

He has secrets she told herself. And this is most definately one of them. She shivered again and retreated into the stall, burying her face in Tasar's neck. Whatever Levi's secrets were, he was probably going to keep them.

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by CarolP]
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 03:08
"Calm down Ari. I had not uttered a single word to her about leaving, it was her who made the decision. And besides, you do not seriously think that we would allow her go any further than the door do you?"

Ari pretended to think about this, but smiled as he made a fae at her. She laughed, and then took a long dirnk before remembering exactly what it was she was drinking. She choked back her drink, feeling it burning in her throat.

She suddenly noticed two others in the room with them that she had not noticed as she had come in. She recognized them as two that had been in the group of elves they had encountered before. She nodded at them as they looked around at their group.

"Why of course Ari my dear. He has been as helpful to me as all the others by serving me my drink. It is not me he has been more than helpful to, but however judging by my circumstances and present condition I can safely assure you that this one will be left intact." He laughed once more, "I have to leave some standing for our return."

"Good," Ari replied, looking at him out of the corner of her eye as she thought she saw him wince. He seemed alright when she looked, however, and so she turned back to the others, getting out of her chair. She took a quick look at the girl to make sure she was resting for the moment, and then walked outside to find someone else out there.

"Excuse me," she said, and as he turned she saw it was a boy, "are you waiting for someone?"
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 12:05
Alassë raised an eyebrow at Ari's comment. If she didn't know any better, these people didn't want her out of their sights. That definetly raised her guard.

She stood up a tad stiffly with Levi's help before she was led back to sitting. She sighed, looks like I'm not going anywhere. She looked over Levi and said sheepishly, "Sorry for spoiling your shirt."

She picked at the hem of her torn shirt, feeling quite out of place and uncomfortable at the stares that were being directed her way. She cleared her throat nervously and asked, "Would someone be so kind as to go check on my mare? Shes black with white socks. And has a white streak in her mane...."

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by CarolP]
~GilEstel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 05:35
Alagithildin awoke to the sound of someone knocking on a door. Wincing at the thought of having to get out of her warm bed she slowely got up and streched. "I'm coming!" she said somewhat moodily while puting on her cloak. She walked silently over to the door and opened it, but there was no one there. The main door of the inn closed on the lower floor. She was interested to see just who would check into an inn at this time of the night. Wrapping her cloak around herself she made her way down the stairs just so she could see the newcomers. Two tall men with dark eyes and hair led a company the small company. One was holding a limp figure of an elf maid in his arms. She watched as they tended to her. The whole in seemed to get quieter as the small band entered the room. Alagithildin jumped as she felt a hand touch her shoulder. Spinning around she glared then snorted as she recognised Randir. He chuckled at her. "Still angry are we?" he asked. "Yes, and I believe I have every right to be!" She replied quietly. "Well, I'll just not respond to that for I believe I'm right in saying that anything I could say would only offend you more!" he laughed. "Do you know who that young maid is?" he asked becoming more serious. "No, but I'm more interested in who the others are, they don't exactly look the friendly type do they!" Alagithildin replied. "You have a point Ally!" Randir said softly then taking Alagithildin's hand he led her back up the stairs, "I'm sure they don't need any more of an audience though. Besides, we must get our rest for the journey."

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by eldir]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 12:44
Evethire felt some dark eyes looking in his direction. He returned Raens nod.
"So when is the time of our departure?"
He sighed a little frustrated "When that poor maiden has agreed to come, since she needs looking after and upon that note, I have to fetch my horse,if you will excuse me."
With that Evethire left the becoming stuffy room to walk into the fresh air. On his way he saw Rovan "Greetings!I do hope I find you well." The man seemed interested in something else so Evethire left him to it.
He went to the stables, and from the looks of things, many people had left their horses there. He wondered did any of them belong to the company.

The smell of sweet hay and horses hit him first.Blethian stood at the end eating as usual. He raised his head in mock greeting and resumed back to the hay.
"Honestly Blethian, come we have work to do." He patted the warm smooth fur on his neck. It felt soft and comforting. Evethire gently put the bridle on. Blethian seemed much annoyed at this.

Once back outside the inn, horse in hand Evethire saw that many had come forth with their own horses. He through the reins woven with elvish into Eorlas's hands saying "Please" with a grin.Then he ran back into the inn to find the maiden still sitting. Evethire was glad to see she was still there. He went over quietly.

"Would someone be so kind as to go check on my mare? Shes black with white socks. And has a white streak in her mane...."she was saying.
Altariel nodded but as she left Levi just returned "Sir Levi, do you know of the maidens horse, is it one of the ones over there?" She pointed to the horse who had just stopped kicking at each other.

Back in the inn Evethire asked hopfully friendly "Im Evethire son of Elethir and I was just wondering how you felt now." He smiled at her starting to feel sorry for her when before he had felt annoyed at the delay.

Raen still stood smoking his pipe deeply. He looked back at her "It is just I was wondering would you be able to ride with us?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After listening to the reply of Levi she frowned and returne back to the inn. "The horses are getting restless Evethire." she stared at the elf. Her bit his top lip and smiled at Altariel "I know, we'll leave soon."
She bowed at the maiden and left and took the horses reins from Eorlas "Why thank you Eorlas." she spoke happily.

Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 02:22
"When that poor maiden has agreed to come, since she needs looking after and upon that note, I have to fetch my horse, if you will excuse me."

Raen nodded politely and turned away slowly as Evethire left the room. He continued to smoke his pipe, and was tempted to order another drink but knowing that he had to pay the bartender this time, he decided against it. Sighing he leant against the wall, too stiff to walk around much and not wanting to chance sitting down again. He could not begin to imagine what the journey would be like now that he was wounded in such an awkward place. He wouldn't have noticed except for the fact that it was so deep.

~~~~~~~~

As Levi separated the horses, he felt eyes on him, burning into his scar. Once again the scar began to pound, like waves of scorching fire consuming his flesh. He could feel the darkness sweeping down, beginning to overtake him once again. He shook his head and moved his shoulder uncomfortably. For years it had lain quiet as if it wasn't there any longer but now it had suddenly seemed to have awoken. Thinking over to himself he realised that it had only begun again just before he met Raen, only being a sharp fleeting pain, but now it had gradually grown stronger. He wondered what connection his brother had with his scar. He knew he would have to question him as Raen was the only person apart from those marked who seemed to know about what he possessed. He only wondered how long it would be until it regained what it once lost. But surely it could not happen again? It was not possible....

Suddenly he could feel another pair of eyes searing into his scar. Looking up menacingly, not being able to hold it off much more, his wicked eyes searched for the owner of the eyes that stared at him so. He spun around and his eyes locked with the one's belonging to the man from the other company. Levi held his gaze, his own menacing eyes staring into man's threateningly. Dropping the reins slowly, he subconsciously brought his hand to the hilt of a dagger yet he did not move.

Shaking off the dark grip he felt, Levi turned away from the man and walked over to where he had left the shirts. Picking one up he quickly donned it, throwing it over his head until it fell loosely around his shoulders. He walked back towards the inn, casting one final dark look over his shoulder at the man before stepping inside.

Once indoors, he glanced around at everyone until his eyes met the equally black ones of Raen. He saw the cocked eyebrow his brother gave him as he could clearly see the glint within his eyes. However as he stared back at Raen, the menace seemed to recoil and shrink away. Levi frowned and looked questioningly at Raen, wondering what had just happened, but his brother stared blankly at him before he resumed to smoke his pipe. Just then, he heard a soft voice speak his name,

"Sir Levi, do you know of the maidens horse, is it one of the ones over there?"

He grinned at the 'Sir' part but didn't say anything. Breaking his train of thoughts he looked at Altariel for a few moments, running over the question in his mind. He smiled, feeling much more like his usual self and replied, "Her mare is safely tethered away from those fiery-tempered horses. I have checked her over and she is in good condition with no wounds to report of."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen shook his head, puzzled ever so slightly by the strength of Levi's scar but as he looked at his brother, the menace seemed to disappear rapidly. He saw Levi's questioning look and stared back impassively, unknowing of the reason for Levi's bewilderment. As he turned back, Evethire re-entered the inn.

"It is just I was wondering would you be able to ride with us?"

Raen pulled out his pipe and cut in, "Oh course she can! Why if she can walk she can ride!" He quickly silenced himself, forgetting his manners in the excitement of leaving. He felt Levi's glare but merely mumbled quietly and walked stiffly out the door.

Levi shook his head with a glare and walked towards Alassë, "Please forgive my brother's.... impatience. He is never one to hang around in any given place for too long. Please do not feel the pressure to have to ride if you are not fit enough." He held out a shirt that he had taken, knowing it would be too large but he could not offer anything else, "Here, take this." He turned and walked over to the bartender, quickly paying for Raen's drink, realising that he was not returning, but he would get the money back from him later.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 03:20
Aidem stood in the back of the room, leaning against the wall and watching all that went on with quiet indifference. After all, what did the maiden mean to him? Just another traveling companion he'd have to lie to.

The theif looked around and suddenly felt very out of place. All the nobles and Elves had put him on edge to begin with, but now he was beginning to feel the need to get away from these people.

Aidem glanced at Levi and Raen: masters of their craft and ones who made good money doing it, too. Even among his own he was lowly..... And Ari, with her Elvish grace and delicate features and garments of fine weave. And Sila, still outside, with her proud bearing that just screamed that she was a noble. He sighed and looked down at the cloak he wore; stolen from a dead Ranger. Stolen, like everything else he owned.

His head snapped up as Raen quietly, if a bit stiffly, left the room. It was certainly a fine time for Aidem's conscience to catch up with him. Abruptly, he wondered what the cause was for such sudden guilt. He had never felt regret for anything he had done up until now. Why would he? Aidem got by in life and that's all that had ever mattered, cesides the occasional good time, of course. Maybe he had just never had the time to think about it. Looking back on it, however, it seemed to Aidem that he had nothing but time before all this. What with all that time spent in prison and no work to do, well, what else could he do other than think?

Shrugging it off, Aidem tried to think on other things. He knew Raen would be fine with his injury, as long as it didn't become infected. But all the same, he couldn't help but worry a little, as the prospect of traveling alone with Levi, his fists clenched involuntarily at his side at just the thought of the man, and all the other nobles wasn't a very pleasant one. Besides, Raen was the closest thing to a friend he had ever found. Not that Aidem had any use for them, or anything. Rogues led solitary lives: the more people there were around that knew you, the more people around to turn you in when the price on your head was high enough.

(((Alright, I tried... seems writer's block is going around.
-grimaces- Sorry for not posting in so long, I was just trying to accumulate events to write about, but, -shrugs- as it turned out, I didn't need them....)))
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 10:33
"It is just I was wondering would you be able to ride with us?"

Raen pulled out his pipe and cut in, "Oh course she can! Why if she can walk she can ride!" He quickly silenced himself, forgetting his manners in the excitement of leaving. He felt Levi's glare but merely mumbled quietly and walked stiffly out the door.

Levi shook his head with a glare and walked towards Alassë, "Please forgive my brother's.... impatience. He is never one to hang around in any given place for too long. Please do not feel the pressure to have to ride if you are not fit enough." He held out a shirt that he had taken, knowing it would be too large but he could not offer anything else, "Here, take this."

Alassë bit her lip to stop her laughter. Raen's impatience seemed to tickle her funny bone. She knew she should have been a angry instead of amused, but she felt more than able to ride. Like he had pointed out, she could walk. So she could ride. All she had to do was stick on the saddle. She nodded, "I would be honored to ride with you all."

She looked at the shirt in surprise and gratitude. And then at her own shirt, how come she hadn't noticed just how bloody and torn it was? She stood up holding unto the chair as she asked, "How soon will you all be leaving?"

[Edited on 5/2/2004 by eldir]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 02:30
"I would be honored to ride with you all."
Evethire smiled and replied "It is surely an honour to have you."
After taking the shirt from Levi she steadied herself and asked "How soon will you all be leaving?"

Evethire looked back at her and steadied his gaze "We shall leave on the hour that everyone is on horseback ready to go and lay there troubles aside. It won't be an easy road." He looked side ways at her and nodded.

After assisting Alassë outside, though she was amazingly strong for her condition her horse was brought out. Everybody stood or sat upon saddle and Evethire stood shoulder to shoulder with Altariel.
He spoke in a strong definate voice "My kind Sirs, Ladies and Elves, this expidition is going to take energy and bravery. Danger may deepen but it will be easy to conquer in a team. Fear will not defeat us, weapon will not defeat us and neither will the harsh words of threat." Here he looked around at the company. "You are strong and you will remain so."
With that he went to his own jet black horse that had been loaded and mounted with elvish ease.
He nodded at the cheerful innkeeper and grinned feeling excited and determined. "Thank you yet again."

Altariel walked to Alassë, and remarked "Here let me help you." She held the reins and the stirrup.
Alassë mounted with a strong help from Levi. Altariel thought she looked very proud and well turned out on her beautiful mare. She retreated back to her horse, Serithion and also mounted.

Once everyone had mounted Evethire walked with steady beat to the front of the company of fine gentlemen and maidens. Altariel rode at the back talking to Alagithildin "It is a fine day, if I may say so..."
Blethian seemed to sense the excitment to because he gave a playful buck as they pointed towards the road. Evethire felt determined but he never knew what might be around the corner.
"Let us leave in Hope" he shouted as the prosetion followed.
Each hoof left marks in the soily earth, these were the marks that started the journey.

Sorry to rush a little but I think its time! Change anything you want!

[Edited on 7/2/2004 by Princess_Greenleaf]
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 05:43
Blue eyes flickering with relief at the sight of the wounded maiden, now treated, mounting the beautiful mare with some assistance. Taking an extra food supply pack from her bag, after glancing at the two, Aireon ambled casually to Alassë’s side. “Here, you shall need this,” Aireon told the maiden with a kind, reassuring smile, handing her the larger of the two supplies. Giving a small gracious nod as if to say Alassë was greatly excepted, the red head turned and walked silently back toward Ëorlas. Stopping in mid stream as Evethire spoke.

"My kind Sirs, Ladies and Elves, this expedition is going to take energy and bravery. Danger may deepen but it will be easy to conquer in a team. Fear will not defeat us, weapon will not defeat us and neither will the harsh words of threat." Here he looked around at the company. "You are strong and you will remain so.” With that he went to his own jet black horse that had been loaded and mounted with elvish ease.

Plucking her soft leather bag from the ground holding an old, yet well crafted long bow, and arrows. Slinging the pack over her shoulder, Aireon decided walking at least until they reached the outskirts, and then obtaining a horse might be in order, although she never minded running. A smile rose at the edges of her cherry red lips for she knew just the horse. Sleek ebony, as dark as night, with the wildness lying within her own heart, and yet the stallion was tame and gentle. Showing only affection toward Aireon, who visited the horse each day, waiting for the day she acquired enough money to claim the strong horse as her own.

Evethire’s horse gave a whinny rearing up in excitement, and then they were off. Aireon followed with a jovial expression looking about the town as the horses plodded through the wet earth, leaving their first foot prints on the journey.

Just as they reached the edge of Minas Tirith Aireon’s bright blue eyes spotted the stables in which Bainren the black stallion stood whinnying along side Ëorlas’s white horse named Arodas in the first stable on the right. Quickly gliding toward the stable owner, Aireon paid the fee for both Arodas’ keep and the amount for Bainren’s release. The stab hand brought out the two magnificent horses, and Aireon bit her lip to keep herself from jumping up and down for joy. Flashing a smile toward Ëorlas she mounted Bainren gracefully, taking up the rear with Altariel and Alagithildin, making sure not to leave her good friend Ëorlas behind.

(YAY we’ve started on our journey!! Well Aireon is ready to go now!!)
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2004 10:38
Alassë looked down at her arms and then her torso. She was positively swimming...no..drowning in this shirt. She sighed as she made her way stiffly outside. She would change when she found the time, and this shirt was less taxing on her injuries.

Her face let up when her mare trotted up to her and nuzzled her hands. She was wondering just how to mount without agrivating her injuries when Altariel held the saddle and reins and nodded for her to get on. She sat down with a wince and a groan. She was used to being on the giving end of a beating, not the receiving end....and she definetley didn't like it.

She checked the saddle and was startled to her bag still hanging there. Thats a change She thought as she rummaged through it but she sighed. It was too good to be true she thought sourly. When her horse had ran with her, most of the food she was carrying had jumped out of the open bag.

Alassë listened to Evethire and all of a sudden thought, "Danger? That sounds like my kind of journey." When the started moving, she yelped when her staff struck her ankles. Frowning at the inanimate object she strapped it tighter along side the bag. She shook her head and grumbled, "Fine week its been. First I get lost. Then I get caught and beaten up by bandits. I find out i'm hurt badly and now, my own staff is against me. Sheesh."

She looked to her side when someone said, "Bandits eh?"

[Edited on 7/2/2004 by eldir]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 08:34
((I couldn't resist. :love: ))

"Bandits, eh?" Sila asked wryly, bringing Tasar up next to Alasse's mount. "Sounds bad. Could've been worse, though. Theres such as would kill you for the fun of it, and leave you belongings to rot." Alasse shot a look at her, but Sila couldn't really decipher it, and she wasn't going to spend her energy doing so. Her mind was still mulling over the scar on Levi's back. Some people would say it might have been Raen, and it was true that they looked identical, but Sila had noticed that they had different ways of carrying themselves, and the man in the courtyard last night had definately been Raen.

Sila pulled out of her musings when she realized that Alasse had spoken to her.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head a little to clear it. "What did you say?"
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 02:02
“Ëorlas, I want you to have this,” Aireon said, pulling the long sword from beneath the covering of black cloak. As Ëorlas studied the sheathed sword Aireon now bore in her long delicate hands, he immediately recognized it as her fathers' that she had taken from one of the weaponry shops. Ëorlas watched his cousin exit the inn again, but then looked back down at the elven sword. He bowed his head low, taking it gently from Aireon's grasp, and attaching it to his own belt beneath his blue cloak.
Ëorlas smiled at Evethire as he approached, but turned back to Aireon as she removed an elven necklace from about her neck, placing the star shaped diamond in his hand. “This is for good luck,” she added with a smile.
"Hannan le," Ëorlas breathed as he blushed, looking up from his hand to meet her gaze. He felt his stomach sink, feeling very awkward to have received such marvelous gifts and not have anything to give his best friend.

They followed Evethire into the inn where they met the company of men. Ëorlas searched for all their familiar faces around the room and spotted a wounded maiden sitting on one of the tables. She was being tended to by one of the twins, and would need to rest before their departure. While they waited, Evethire left to go fetch his horse. Ëorlas stood there with his arms folded, catching looks from their new comrades. He kept a warm smile on his face and glanced over at Aireon who looked to be doing the same. Suddenly, Ëorlas felt he was being watched, and looked to see a man standing by Altariel staring at him with black menacing eyes.

Deciding it was time to get some fresh air, he gradually walked out the door. It felt good to get out of the room that was now being clouded with pipe smoke.

~*~

As Evethire gave them words of encouragement, they all mounted their horses. All except for Aireon and Ëorlas that is, who had left their horses all the way back at the front gate of the city. The company trotted at a slow pace until they reached the gate, where Aireon paid for both their horses. Ëorlas took the elven woven reins of Arodas from Aireon and informed him that she had already paid.
“Aireon, you didn’t have to-“ he said, but before he could finish she had already mounted Bainren and was catching up with the company. Ëorlas sighed and mounted Arodas. His long slender legs falling gracefully between the horses back. The white stallion was bursting with energy, having been cooped up for a few days and Ëorlas could feel the anticipation running through him. He laughed and patted Arodas’s neck. The two sped off down the street, and caught up with the company just as they were about to exit the White City.

Finally, they had left! Ëorlas looked at the long flat path ahead of them and smiled. He was certainly grateful to have left the city of men, considering he got odd stares from just about everyone who passed him. Pulling up to the front of the group, he passed the wounded elf maiden, who looked to be doing better than she should be for such a bad injury. Ëorlas smiled at her, almost as if asking her if she was in need of help, but she said nothing. He soon reached Evethire’s side, and saw the beautiful black horse his cousin rode upon. He tugged lightly on Arodas’s reins to pull him into a slightly faster trot, and Blethian did the same so the two could pull away from the group by a few feet.
“Do you have the riddle handy?” Ëorlas said, just above a whisper. “I think we’ll be needing it by nightfall.” He continued, shifting back to an equal position on his horse.

(We've finally set out on our wonderful journey!:love: It can only get better from here and I'm so excited!)

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by CarolP]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 04:52
Levi followed Raen outside and soon it seemed that they were all prepared to leave. It was later than planned and he could see Raen watching the streets to see if a prison guard would come running down or if someone else would recognise the horses. He grinned as they all began to mount up, wondering how Raen would manage to pull this one off. He knew that Raen was clearly not wanting to expose the fact that he had a wound to their new companions. It was obvious that he could not pretend he was completely unscathed, but if he did reveal how serious his wound was it would only lead to questions. He glanced over at his brother but could see by his stern look that he would sort out his own situation.

Untying his bad-tempered stallion from where he had left him, the muscular horse began to leave already, but Levi vaulted up swiftly and stopped him before they went down the street without the others. He turned the horse around and began to walk him around in order to calm him down. A smirk appeared on his face. It was typical of his brother to pick horses such as his own one and Levi's. Levi could tell that the journey would certainly be interesting. He could tell that the stallion was indeed a very fine animal and most likely a war horse, but he had a mouth of steel as he snatched at his metal bit and snorted, prancing around and backing up.

Once he had managed to get the stallion to settle, he listened to Evethire's words of nobility and honour and it was indeed a fine speech with strength behind each of those words. He wondered how it would effect them all when they discovered the truth.

They soon all began to follow Evethire down the cobbled streets and towards the Great Gate of Minas Tirith. He heard through the sounds of the other horses' hooves another travelling at a faster pace and turned to see Raen riding up alongside him. He grinned at his brother and asked, "Well how did you manage that?"

"Painfully," Raen answered in a low voice, indicating that he did not wish to speak of it in front of the others. Nodding Levi turned his stallion away from Raen's as he could see that one of the was about to bite the other and continued on, the Great gate in sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen listened to Evethire's speech and nodded. That speech was of true dignity and courage. It was hard to deliver such a speech and make it sound convincing. Casting his black eyes about the company, he caught sight of Levi's grin as he looked at him and knew instantly what Levi was grinning about. He glared at his brother sternly which told him to leave him be. He would manage, somehow.

As the others mounted up, Raen strolled over to his stallion. He laughed to himself, thinking he could not have picked a more difficult horse to ride now that he was injured. However he was confident that his wound would heal quick enough and he would return to his usual physique. He took the reins and led the horse away from the others to give himself some space. Putting his foot in the stirrup, he winced as he could feel his wound being put under strain but clenched his fist and ignored the pain. The stallion began to twirl and circle impatiently and Raen found it difficult to mount. He cursed thinking of how something so easy could become so difficult that quickly. In the end he decided to vault up as he always did despite the discomfort.

The stallion neighed in annoyance as Raen swung his leg over and sat in the saddle. His wound caused him agonising pain as he had leant against it, but he kept quiet and acted as if he was uninjured. His stallion could clearly sense that the others were leaving and began to canter in pursuit. As it came down the street and back to where the others were located in the courtyard, the stallion suddenly took fright at some large barrels. He shied across the cobbles straight into Aidem's horse. Raen laughed as Aidem's horse was moved sideways by the impact as was Aidem. "At last we are off!" He called to Aidem as he rode his stallion forward who was now backing into Aidem's.

He rode down to Levi who seemed surprised that Raen had managed to mount such an uncontrollable beast. Raen grinned. Nothing could dampen his spirits now that they were leaving, even his wound. He turned around to check that everyone was present apart from those before them. He spotted Ari just behind him and winked at her before turning around again.

Finally they reached the Great Gates and they were soon opened before them. Raen's skittish stallion decided he didn't like the gates either and Raen had to use all of his strength to hold him from galloping off. They passed through and put Minas Tirith to their backs, the wilderness ahead of them as far as the eye could see.

Once they were out on open ground, Raen moved out and rode in level with the company but a good distance apart as he needed to calm his horse down as well as preventing anymore fights between the horses. He noticed that Levi rode quite near to the front instead of the back. For it was the back where he usually lingered and he had to change a few aspects about himself. Raen turned to look ahead of them and breathed in the fresh air deeply. The sun had risen above the mountains and it was destined to be a fine day. The journey had begun.

((Alright then here we go - let the fun begin! ))

Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 07:56
Aidem quickly, and gratefully followed the other's out of the inn and into the stables. It was just past dawn and the White City was dyed in shades of dark indigo and grey.

He found his horse quickly and stepped into the stall, laying a hand on his forehead to calm him and stop his anxious pacing. Aidem grinned, the horse's feelings were contagious, indeed. The horse was lead to the courtyard where the group of people Aidem would be journeying with waited. Soon all were gathered and quite ready to leave. Everthire, of course, took his time to speak his grave words of the joining of teams and bravery and danger. But Aidem merely rolled his eyes and mounted his horse: this was no dangerous mission to be completed lest the end of the world come! This was a journey, a new beginning and one brought upon themselves! He was suddenly jolted out of his thoughts as Raen's feisty stallion shied into Aidem's, causing his horse to snort and jerk prance away to the side, nearly unseating it's rider. Flailing momentarily, Aidem managed to pacify his horse, and shoot a mock-glare in Raen's direction. But Raen just laughed, shrugged, and called over his shoulder, 'At last we are off!' Aidem grinned at how Raen's thought's mirrored his own. If he had been forced to stay in that stuffy inn with that crowd of people anymore he would have surely gone insane.

The thief rode lightly through the streets, dropping back to the middle of the group, his accustomed and usual placement.
The homes and buildings of Minas Tirith were passed by without a second glance. However, the group of riders had received many a backward glance by the time they had reached the main gates of the city.

Aidem rolled his shoulders back and yawned, hoping to stave off the effects of not having slept all night until at least later that evening. The sun was bright in the east as they began to cross the vast plain in front of the the White City.

(((Yay!!! Let's go!!! Whoo!!!!! We're off!!!!!!)))

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by eldir]
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 03:35
"Bandits, eh? Sounds bad. Could've been worse, though. Theres such as would kill you for the fun of it, and leave you belongings to rot." Alasse shot a look at her, but Sila couldn't really decipher it.

Alassë looked at Sila wondering slightly at her words and for a moment thanking Eru that her mare, Foley had been there. Her head jerked towards the sky when she thought of her falcon. Where was Moriel? Still looking up she said to Sila, "Aye. I thank Eru that Foley and Moriel were there with me." She gently patted the mare's head.

"I'm sorry," she shook her head a little to clear it. "What did you say?"

Alassë grinned, "I merely said that I owe my life to my mare and falcon. They were the ones who saved me."

She sighed as she pushed her hair under the hood. Foley slowed her pace down just enough so that she was riding at the back of the group, her eyes on the strangers riding before her.

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by CarolP]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 01:32
Rovan listened to Evethire's speach indifferently. It seemed to him so unneded and pathetic... Whe cared for honor and valour anymore? There was nothing that would match these loud words anymore.

It was already late when they finally took off. Rovan's dark brown horse had been standing patiently, but the man felt he was as eager to get going as his master. Rovan was the last in the row and could see they were quite an impressive company. The remarkably good horses didn't skip his attention. He eyed them expertly and for a second a thought crossed his mind: these horses were excellently bred and kept. But there was one thing they lacked - the training that every Rohan horse went through. They were too undominable, in his opinion. But it didn't bother him. His own stallion was trembling slightly beneath him, eager to get out in the grassy plains, and Rovan scratched easily his dark mane: "We'll be out of here soon, Anto. I know these walls depress you, too." The horse shook himself, pleased by his master's attention.

Rovan lifted his gaze to see the wounded maiden restraining her mare to fall back at the end of the line. The man frowned. If it were up to him, she would have been left at the inn. Dangerous roads were not the best place for a wounded woman.

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by eldir]
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 03:54
Sila smiled at Alasse. She seemed a nice girl, and undeserving of the attack, she was sure. They finally reached the gates and, Thank the Valar passed through without incident. Then, with a nod to Alasse, Sila spurred Tasar forward, until she was even with Raen.

"Would now be a good time to talk, my friend?" she asked quietly. Raen looked at her, confused for a moment, before he realized why she wanted to talk with him. Casually, he reined his horse in a bit (and the horse didn't seem too happy about that) and the two of them slowed down until they were nearly at the back of the company, only Alasse behind them.

"Now," he said, not so quietly as to attract attention, but not loud enough for any to overhear. "What is it that spooked you so badly yesterday?" Sila bit her lip and frowned a bit, and didn't answer the question.

"What is the black scar on Levi's back?" she asked, equally quietly. Sila hoped, prayed, that Raen would know...it had been a burning presence in her mind, and couldn't think of much else. Please, Manwe, let him know.

[Edited on 10/2/2004 by CarolP]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 12:11
After stopping briefly to retrieve fine beasts for Eorlas and Aireon, who indeed looked amazing on their horses, they rode on through the gates and into the wide terrain. Eorlas to Evethire's delight came up to the front with him.

“Do you have the riddle handy?” Ëorlas said, just above a whisper. “I think we’ll be needing it by nightfall.” He continued, shifting back to an equal position on his horse.

Evethire looked and nodded."Here" he handed it to his cousin "You might make better use of it than I."

The dya wore on with sun beams beating and hooves stepping on dusty land. The grass stood in deep tufts around the place in a lackadaisical way. Evethires eyes looked around spotting nothing of importance so they company rode on. Night drifted in the air but it still was early. The shadows moved around them like the wind. Each step was closer Evethire thought as Eorlas brewed over his thoughts also.
"I do believe we shall camp on the side of the Entwash tonight." Evethire pushing the idea to his comrades nearest him. "I think we might get there soon."

This is short I know but I dont really have the time right now.! SORRY

[Edited on 11/2/2004 by eldir]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 12:16
As Raen rode along silently alongside the others, his eyes scanned excitedly over the landscape as he eagerly anticipated the journey ahead of them. He knew that there would be plenty of dangers ahead to encounter, lingering around corners and lying in wait besides the danger that he himself and Levi had already planned. He highly doubted that this journey would be a disappointment, unless of course things went wrong.

Just then he noticed a shadow of another horse approaching him from the back of his eye. He turned his head to find Sila riding towards him. He slowed his stallion up to allow Sila to ride beside him and he looked at her.

"Would now be a good time to talk, my friend?" she asked quietly.

Raen raised an eyebrow quizzically, not entirely sure of what Sila was speaking of. He searched her eyes and found his answer in her eyes. Nodding he casually reined his stallion in despite its protests and angry snorts as it showed the whites of its eyes. They fell to the back of the company, only Alassë behind them. He cast a quick glance at the others and turned back to Sila. "Now," he began, keeping his voice level loud enough for her to hear but not so much as to attract anyone else's attention, "What is it that spooked you so badly yesterday?"

He watched her closely as she seemed reluctant to answer and bit her lip. Raen frowned slightly but did not pressurise her into answering, merely waited patiently for her to speak.

"What is the black scar on Levi's back?" she asked, equally quietly.

Raen raised his eyebrows at the question, slightly surprised but guessed it had something to do with what happened. He glanced up towards Levi and looked back to Sila once again, "So..." he started, "...you've seen it then have you?" His face did not show any amusement but was deadly serious. He knew this subject could not be dealt with lightly and he contemplated what to say. A thought crossed his mind, "You didn't....mention it or bother Levi about it did you?" he inquired. He looked back to Levi's tall figure riding ahead, oblivious to their conversation, or so Raen hoped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi rode silently near the front with the others in the company. He had noticed Raen slipping back with Sila to the rear of the company but thought nothing of it. He glanced down at his stallion's dark neck and sighed, relieved to be out of the city, yet not so at the same time. He did not know any of the company entirely well, even Raen. He could just about guess Raen's thoughts and plans but even he was highly unpredictable. However it mattered not to him, he was used to this type of situation.

The only thought that kept lingering in his mind and irritating him every so often was questions about his past. He thought heavily about his scar and wondered if travelling towards the Iron Mountains was such a good idea, but the offer that had been placed by Asgar was too good to resist. The only thing he could be sure of was that it would be a battle of wits within his very mind which grew harder with every step they took.
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 12:44
Sila shook her head. This whole "adventure" was getting out of hand, to her mind. Going willingly on an adventure with friends was one thing, but being kidnapped and forced to go with complete strangers was a completely different matter. She sighed and looked sideways at Raen.

"No, I didn't say anything to him. I thought maybe you could tell me, since you were the one who told me not to touch it." She smiled wryly. "That is why you didn't want me touching him when you two were fighting, isn't it?"
~GilEstel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 01:32
Randir and Aligathildin kept a low profile hoping not to be noticed much by the other companies. Their only purpose was to provide what aid they could to Altariel and Evethire, and stay out of everyone elses way. The pair sadled thier horses Eclips and Elril in silence. The group had soon set off towards the Entwash.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by ithillinde]
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 03:26
((Cant have the thread laggin to page 2...though i have no idea what to post..here I go))

Alassë's eyes kept ticking admist the group whenever they would make any sudden movement. Whether it be a nodding head or a hand movement, she found herself strangly wary of these strangers. She was quite grateful to them for saving her but they were strangers.

Why had they helped her? They could have left her to fend for herself. And why had she agreed so quickly to joining them? There were times questions like those had her head spinning. This was one of those times. She pinched the bidge of her nose and sighed.

Foley seemed to sense her distress and whinnied softly. Alassë gently patted the mare's head. But let out a low hiss of pain when a sudden sharp pain went through her. Her hands went to her ribs while she thought grimly, "Wait till I get my hands on those men."

She looked around her, she was in the near the front now. Surprised she slowly looked around her and raised a confused eyebrow. Seemed that everyone wanted a bit of privacy. She trotted over to the front, along side Levi and half grumbled, "Everyone seems to want some private time and are towards the back. I hope that there is some room here."
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 11:29
(('Fraid there isn't much I can say either until Leafy posts as she is leading the journey and my boys are behaving themselves at the moment (or more like they have to) ))

"No, I didn't say anything to him. I thought maybe you could tell me, since you were the one who told me not to touch it." She smiled wryly. "That is why you didn't want me touching him when you two were fighting, isn't it?"

Raen looked back at her and nodded with a sigh, "Yes that is why. He glanced back to Levi's figure, "I do know what it is and what it can do - that I cannot deny, however Sila, for your safety you must promise me never to touch it or even speak about it to him." He turned sideways in the saddle although stiffly and he gave a slight wince before staring straight into her eyes, his own black ones containing a grave shine and all glimmer of humour was missing, "Promise that to me - please, you must."

He did not alter his gaze and remained gazing at her until he was satisfied of her answer. Speaking once more he added, "I cannot tell you of it no matter how much I know," he lowered his voice, "It is not safe."

~~~~~~~~

As Levi rode silently, he suddenly noticed the shadow of another figure falling in step with his own. He glanced up to discover Alassë beside him. He gave her a half smile and a nod while she rode with him. He eyed her, wondering what exactly had happened to her which had caused her to sustain such wounds but he remained silent and waited for her to speak.

"Everyone seems to want some private time and are towards the back. I hope that there is some room here."

He grinned and replied, "Indeed, it appears that we are not a particularly sociable company, however we are two companies joined together by this journey so we are not very well acquainted. I don't believe that we mix too well." Shifting in the saddle he continued with a warm smile, "However there is plenty of room here. It shall be good to break the silence."

He glanced ahead and decided to pick up the pace slightly, although he would not ride ahead of Evethire as he was leading the journey. Levi knew these lands like the back of his hand but he would not intervene unless it was needed. He glanced to see Alassë riding stride for stride beside him. His curiosity got the better of him and he asked, "What befell you that caused such wounds?" His black eyes glinted with curiosity as he looked at her.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 01:33
A little time later everything grew cold. The sun seemed to be wasting its brilliants.
Evethire still rode on. Blethian started prancing boldly. Something bad threatened. The earth was flakey and golden. A shiver ran down his back. The Anduin was able to be heard, gushing fiercely. Evethire knew Cair Andros lay near their passing but they didn't want to get near there.
The minutes passed and the sky grew resentful. Dark grey clouds pressed on the land. The image of their path was disjointed and hazey. A fog had placed itself covering everywhere. He had heard of it before. it was called "Norsahui"
He halted to look into the dense air surrounding them. The mountains seemed not to exist anymore. It was hopeless. Evethires elvish eyes had never failed before. He wasthe leader, he would lead them still. He hoped upon the Valar that it would lift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altariel who had left at the back moved up. Everyone seemed unsociable at the moment. She did agree. She didn't really want to talk to strangers but she kept catching the black jet eyes of Levi as she looked around, he had been riding in front of her for a while. He was very misleading and his gaze was strange, as was his brothers. Raen, she thought followed behind. The other people in Raen's company were with who they knew. She wondered how they knew each other. They all had different, some shadowy, some noble personalities. It made them very intriging.
A harsh wind whipped up as she thought of the dream she had been having in the inn. Something about their group tingled her subconcious mind. The wind was accompanied by the most pressing fog imaginable. Everything went very quiet except for the wailing of the wind.
She hoped Evethire knew exactly where he was heading. We'll never find our way in this she considered.
A stone suddenly tossed itself in the ricocheting winds. It hit the legs of Serithion. He reared and bolted, galloping away from the company. Altariel whispered in elvish. She knew that they were still near the company but she couldn't see them at all. It felt like no one was around for miles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evethire heard Serithion rear and squeal in fright. As far as he could see he bolted into the unending fog. He grew worried for her. The legend of such weather said the norsahui didn't last for ages but nothing was predictable in such places. He shouted "We ride on" His inside twisted into knots. She would be okay if she heard his shout. She had to find them. He gritted his teeth and squeezed Blethian on into a proud walk.
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 02:47
"Promise that to me - please, you must."

Sila was frightened by the look in Raen's eyes, all the laughter gone from them. She almost couldn't speak, it startled her so.

"Of course, Raen. I promise." she tried to smile reassuringly, but failed. Raen nodded a little.

"I cannot tell you of it no matter how much I know," he lowered his voice, "It is not safe." Sila took a deep breath and looked at Levi, who was riding next to Alasse. This man was so confusing to her: kidnapping her, but respecting her, and talking with her, and making her laugh...Sila shook her head. This was no time to contemplate what made Levi work.

"I will not ask, then," Sila finally said, and looked Raen in the eyes again. She realized that she trusted Raen completely. Considering their history, it was somewhat hard to believe that she trusted him so fully...He had lied to them about his mission to assasinate Prince Imrahil. On the other hand, he had changed his mind at the last moment and helped save the Prince from another assasin. She dragged herself out of her memories, and smiled at Raen. "Thank you, my friend." she said softly, then spurred Tasar onwards so she was riding somewhat alone.

Why do people have to be so complex? she thought with a sigh. "It's too hard to figure it out, Tasar," she said to the mare, who only snorted in reply.

"Do you talk to your horse often?" Sila looked up suddenly to see Levi giving her a slightly amused look. She flushed and looked down again.

"Only when I don't want anyone to actually answer me." she said with a smile. "Tasar is a quiet listener."
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 04:17
Feeling slightly silly giving Ëorlas the sword and necklace, although knowing he deserved each the embarrassment shown rising in her rosy cheeks. Casting her blue gaze toward the flaky golden earth Aireon chide herself for buying his horse’s stay at the stables as well. Why had she done that! Out of courtesy and kindness of course but maybe three items in one day was showing a bit too much kindness. Confusion flooded her mind swirling with yearning and shyness. Had she been too bold? Had giving him the necklace been over the top? Clenching her teeth Aireon whisked the thoughts from her mind, thinking it stupid and childish for her to worry about these trivial thoughts. Yet her sparkling blue eyes caught sight of Ëorlas’ looking back at the company, and for a moment her glance held his alluring bright blue gaze. Her insides upturned her as a knot grew in the pit of her stomach and then his eyes turned forward once again to the road engulfed by mist. Why was she so afraid? After all it is only Ëorlas, the indubitably caring, and most thoughtful person she knew. Outside Aireon looked peaceful and placid, yet on the inside she was screaming, as a shadow of shyness swept over her again.

Tearing her thoughts from her best friend, Aireon glimpsed about at each of their new found company. The growing mist surrounded them, as the wind ruffled her deep red locks beneath the black hood of her cloak. Hearing a shrill whinny from Altariel’s horse Serithion, Aireon saw the fleeting image of the maiden’s black cape as Altariel disappeared through the thick fog. As Evethire seemed to slow for a moment, glancing about anxiously yet with an over tone of confidence, he called out, “We ride on.” At the back of the company Aireon glanced into the mist beside her, then turning her head toward everyone moving again, taking up a fast gallop. Gritting her teeth Aireon pulled Bainren’s reins leading him into the dense fog. Galloping swiftly toward the direction Altariel had gone; Aireon’s sharp blue eyes searched the unreadable whiteness before her. Turning at every small sound, yet founding nothing. Feeling very lost, for she could no longer hear the pounding hooves of the company. As Bainren trotted through the billowing clouds of mist her eyes caught the glimpse of the tail end of a black cape. “Altariel! Come back!” she called, but the cape vanished into the fog. A shiver ran up her spine feeling as if danger lurked close by. Giving Bainren a light kick the two continued on, pushing harder against the unearthly mist swirling about their every stride. Catching sight of a black cloak once more, Aireon fished her long bow from the brown leather pack handing at Bainren’s side. Notching an arrow, they proceeded slowly on. Holding the arrow tot yet careful not to release the weapon in case of finding a friend. Finally after what seemed hours, lasting only a few minutes, Aireon came upon a black cloaked figure. A smile reached her fair face, seeing Altariel turn her head at the soft noise of Bainren’s hooves. Lowering her bow, she put away the weapon saying cheerfully, “You really didn’t think we would leave you alone did you.” Maybe the fleeting black cloak she had seen had in fact been Altariel’s. “Follow me, I have a feeling the others have not gone too far, and neither have we strayed a fearful distance from our former path,” Aireon added with a reassuring smile, as her confidence swept through her once again. Galloping swiftly in their general direction, casting the strides a bit ahead making sure they aligned with their company still thrusting forward. Aireon made quite sure Altariel still kept close behind her. The familiar sound of hooves and voices created a feeling of happiness bubbling from her toes. Breaking through the thick fog, Aireon and Altariel once again trotted in the rear of the company. Feeling very thankful and relieved of finding Altariel, for she believed if not Aireon might have found herself lost. Still a lingering fear resided in the pit of her stomach as a pondering question revolved in her mind Was that really Altariel she had seen?

(This is very exciting, I agree with GreenEyedElf in the OOC this should be published, not that this post is that great but I love our plot and all our characters it’s brilliant!!!!!:love: Umm don’t ask what the other black cape was, I have no idea Leafy just said nothing was predictable in such places, so I just slipped that part into action...kind of, you can make it whatever you like, if it is Altariel that is fine I’m just random at the moment Reasoning might be because I just ended a :heart:fencing tournament:heart: and road up here on my bike so I’m a wee bit tired, but that is not a problem since I am off to a girls night!!! ‘The social but shy butterfly’ Arwen GREAT compliments on becoming a spiffy mod!!!!Cheers everyone!!)
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 12:22
"Indeed, it appears that we are not a particularly sociable company, however we are two companies joined together by this journey so we are not very well acquainted. I don't believe that we mix too well. What befell you that caused such wounds?" His black eyes glinted with curiosity as he looked at her.

She laughed slightly, "You are making the company sound like a beverage." Alassë's hand shifted to her wounds unconciously at the question. "Bandits. I was on my way from Rohan to Ithilien but ended up near Sarn Gebir instead. Ended up facing off a band of ruffians." She laughed ruefully, "They did quite a number on me."

She shivered and pulled her cloak against her tighter as a sharp, cold wind began to blow. She gave a small smile as she said, "Thank you for the shirt by the way. Its a larger than my usual garb, but it is quite more comfortable."

Her grip on Foley's reins tightened as a dense fog surrounded them. She shivered again. The cold seemed penetrate into her very being and encourage the pain of her healing wounds. She began to sway on her saddle as she felt a foreign coldeness move through her.

"Are you sure that she is knocked out?"
"Quite sure. Arnai made sure of that." Who are they talking about, she though blearily. "Very well then. You know what you have to do."

Alassë mind came back to the present as the fog shifted away and her vision cleared up. A tad flustered she thought,"What was that?"

((Alassë wears leather ))

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by ithillinde]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 01:07
Electra that was sooooooooooooo cool! :love: Very mysterious!
Also so are the others but I cant help but notice a shiver run down my spine. ...

The fog was dense and wet upon Altariel's cool cheeks. Her fearful eyes gazed around but not a soul or anything could be seen. Serithion was rushing from an unknown fear. Altariel could barely stop him but finally when she did, panic rose in her heart.She had lost them and now she was alone.
In the distance she heard a muffled "We ride on."
How could he leave me.she thought but deciding to follow the deep voice of her so called friend. Nothing could be heard after that. It was like she was under deep water. The wind still lashed at her chilling her body.
A certain gust bounded at her and yet again her horse started off at a canter. Her billowing cloak flying like a Rohan flag. She gripped to her reins tightly and uttered rather rushed elvish. The horse calmed and proceeded to champ on his bit.
She breathed a breath as she felt she wasn't alone. Fear accompanied her bristling neck hair.
She slowly turned around to see a arrow head facing in her direction.

“You really didn’t think we would leave you alone did you.”

It was Aireon. Her joy was unexplainable. Her blue eyes spread such comfort to Altariels panicking soul. "Thank you for trying to find me." she replied happily"This horse has much to answer for." She grinned weakly.

“Follow me, I have a feeling the others have not gone too far, and neither have we strayed a fearful distance from our former path,”
Altariel pushed Serithion on into a walk following Aireon back to the company. They joined near Eorlas and Evethire.
"Im surprised you were able to find me and I could swear that we weren't the only ones there" she whispered to Aireon frowning.
She then noticed Evethire and gave him a cold stare showing a look of a foe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evethire felt terrible leaving such a friend behind. Her decided he would go back to find her once the fog had lifted and they had a camp. He looked behind to see that Aireon had also disappeared. He suspected that she was more loyal to Altariel than him and she had gone to find her. Her felt utterly ashamed of his actions.
What seemed like hours, they returned to his relief.

"Thank you Lady Aireon, you are much more loyal than me." Then he turned to Eorlas and asked "Could you take the lead for a moment?" He reached out and patted his cousin on the shoulder and grinned.
The fog had receeded and everything came back into vision.
Evethire dropped back one position so he was beside Altariel.
"Im sorry for leaving you."
Altariel just dropped her thin face and stared down at the moving saddle. She didn't care for the matter but he had change since he had got the option to lead the company.
He left her with a guilty frown and took back lead. "Thanks, I thought you were doing a wonderful job." he stated carcasticly to his cousin.
The company moved on, whether followed or not.
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 04:32
Leading Bainren beside Ëorlas and Evethire once more Aireon heard Altariel whisper with a frown, "I’m surprised you were able to find me and I could swear that we weren't the only ones there" Altariel then noticed Evethire and gave him a cold stare showing a look of a foe.

“I can second your statement. We are not the only two adorning black cloaks,” Aireon replied in a hushed voice.

Stifling laughter as Altariel glared toward Evethire, Aireon turned her blue eyes toward the mist beside them once again. Searching for something, for suspicion still lingered in her heart like the moisture lingering in the air. For a second she thought she might have seen a pair of eyes staring back at her from the mist, but as she turned her face to Ëorlas then back toward the vast whiteness, the glimpse had vanished.

"Thank you Lady Aireon, you are much more loyal than me.” Evethire’s deep voice tore Aireon from her confused thoughts.

“You are more then welcome Sir Evethire. I am no more loyal then you, only maybe I am bit thoughtless in my actions.” Aireon answered in truth. Mostly she acted upon impulse, only if the impulse did not confront her shyness. Aireon seemed never afraid to risk her life for a friend, or her own dignity to save another’s. She expected nothing more then the love from her own small heart, and lived frugally in the surprise of another’s compassion. Always holding a warm smile for the sorrowful, a comforting arm for the fallen, and hope for the lost Aireon tried not to judge others since so many times she had been judged, or part of her linage. Yet having awareness of untruthful and harsh comments toward half her linage, being ¼ mermaid, Aireon hides much of her feelings.

Then he turned to Eorlas and asked "Could you take the lead for a moment?" He reached out and patted his cousin on the shoulder and grinned.

The thick fog had receded and their surroundings became clear once again. Relieved the form of the other black cloak lay no where in sight Aireon turned her gaze forward once again. Evethire left Altariel’s side with a guilty frown and took back lead. "Thanks, I thought you were doing a wonderful job." he stated sarcastically to his cousin. As they moved on, Aireon cast her blue gaze timidly toward Ëorlas as a small smile curved at the tips of her cherry red lips. She knew not what to say to her best friend, nor if she could speak at all for it seemed every time Aireon glanced in Ëorlas’ direction her voice caught in her throat.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 03:30
Rovan frowned at the strange fog. One could not see something like this in Rohan, at least often. He had never been riding through one so dense.

He urged Anto forward. He didn't want to fall too far back. Anto didn't know the other horses, or the stallion would follow hisn nose and find them anyway. He saw one of the elvish maids disappearing but didn't even wink. It was not his business. But the order to move on did make his brow darker. This was no war campaign when you could leave your soldiers behind. The more surprised he was to see another maid riding away. Now this was what he called stupid, and their returning was a fool's luck. Where had he gotten himself into!

Anto shook his head and neighed softly. Rovan froze looking in the fog. The horse had smelled something, but what exactly... The man let the reigns go and nudged the horse with his toes only. Anto trotted forward to the middle of the group while Rovan kept his eyes locked on the fog, his fingers firmly on the hold of his sword. The stallion wouldn't go astray when in the midst of others but he didn't have the time to watch the road.

"What is it?" he heard somebody asking. Roval risked to look back and met the worried eyes of one of the men of the other group. He wanted to skip the answer, but instead heard himself saying:

"My horse smelled something. And it is better to be on guard when he does."

"So clever is he, eh?"

Why couldn't he just shut up?

"Yes, he is..." Rovan answered slowly.

((erm... I hope you got that it was Aidem Rovan was talking to..))
In the Realm of Ulmo
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 03:02
Ëorlas narrowed his keen eyes to see through the thick mist, but even then only a few tall trees on either side of them could be seen. The moisture that hung in the air formed droplets on his fair cheeks and began to steadily drip from his chin causing an ere sense to spread over his body. As he rode alongside Evethire he still held the riddle tightly in his right hand and felt the already battered parchment getting soggy. Opening his hand quickly, he tucked it into a small pocket in his tunic beneath his blue cloak. A single question flodded his mind as he took the reins with both his hands. When would they reveal the riddle to their new companions?

The question hadn't crossed his mind up until this very moment, and he wondered if Evethire had any intensions of telling the others. After all, it was the only source of direction they received, and maybe they were wondering how they knew so much so soon. Ëorlas wasn't sure how much this so called Raen or Levi knew, but he figured they would find out soon enough. Their would be time later to consol this matter with his cousin, now getting through the Norsahui was his biggest concern. Looking back on the company just for curiosity, he caught Aireon's gaze and watched a strange look spread across her face as she swallowed deep, but turned back to the road ahead.

For some time Ëorlas thought of all the things Aireon had done for him today, and touched the necklace around his neck. She was extremely kind to him, and yet he still had not done anything in return. All he could think about was how to make it up to her, but the sound of hooves beating at a faster pace made him look back to find Altariel and Aireon rearing up behind him and Evethire.

"Could you take the lead for a moment?" Evethire said as he reached out and patted his cousin on the shoulder. Ëorlas grinned and gave Evethire a quick nod before pulling Arodas to the front of the group. The fog had surprisingly receeded and everything came back into vision. It wasn't long before Evethire rejoined him at the front.
"Thanks, I thought you were doing a wonderful job." Evethire stated sarcasticly. Ëorlas looked back and rolled his eyes.
"Of course I was!" He said grinning, trying the change the tone of their gloomy journey thus far. "Oh and look, I have even cleared the fog for us!"

By his words he saw Evethire smile, but something was bothering him. A look of guilt crossed his cousin's face, and even though they had been parted for quite some time, he could never forget that Evethire wore his emotions on his sleeve.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email